Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jaeger522

Kutuzov question and 2 suggestions to WG

10 comments in this topic

[TSUN]
[TSUN]
Players
6 posts
10,319 battles

Hi all,

I just have a question for other Michael Kutuzov (MK) captains out there and 2 suggestions (or rather pleas) to the developers.

As for the MK question; I sometimes have matches with e.g. 144 hits with HE/AP (on enemy cruisers and battleships) with under 7k damage. The MK is the only ship where this occurs and I am wondering what the reason could be. Does anyone have similar experiences and/or has an explanation.

I am not a good player at all (decent at best), so I am aware that I am possibly doing something wrong, but I am unsure as to what. If I hit enemy ships with other ships (regardless of type/model), I do damage – sometimes more, sometimes less but generally, I do damage (being a modest player, hitting is more often my problemJ). But with the MK, I have had some matches now with between 135 and 190 hits that produced no more than 10k damage (not including fire damage). And it is only the MK.

So, if anyone can help me out, that would be appreciated.

First suggestion: Please fix the MM – sooner rather than later !!! (Seriously, some of the recent matchups are just ….)

Second suggestion: I would appreciate some more action against afk players. It is becoming very annoying to have your top tiers afk (botting ?) in multiple matches in a row.

Cheers and good hunting

[BLUMR]
Players, Players
321 posts
4,588 battles

Hi all,

I just have a question for other Michael Kutuzov (MK) captains out there and 2 suggestions (or rather pleas) to the developers.

As for the MK question; I sometimes have matches with e.g. 144 hits with HE/AP (on enemy cruisers and battleships) with under 7k damage. The MK is the only ship where this occurs and I am wondering what the reason could be. Does anyone have similar experiences and/or has an explanation.

For HE: Dont shoot at the armor, shoot at the superstructure. For AP: Dont shoot it at angled ships ^^

Otherwise I cant explain why that occurs for you because I have no problem what so ever dealing dmg with the MK.

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,811 posts
10,103 battles

155mms on MK and Mogami are strange. They do less damage than some 100-130mm shells on other ships.

That said, you can still amass high damage. Try the following:

1. Try to aim a bit higher with HE and hit the superstructures of ships, like IScale said. Your chances of doing decent damage is much better there. (But dont aim so high to have a chance to miss completely. You still can set fires with belt-hits because logic.)

2. Get demo-expert and make fire a primary source of your damage inflicted on long ranges. After an enemy has extinguised, shoot one or two volleys at another target then light the first one up again. Kutuzov is great at dealing firedamage. A bit like Cleveland, but much better because shell-flight and burn%)

3. Switch to AP once an enemy (even BBs) show perfect or near-perfect broadside in ranges below ~12km.

[CAIN]
Players
3,387 posts
12,632 battles

155mms on MK and Mogami are strange. They do less damage than some 100-130mm shells on other ships.

That said, you can still amass high damage. Try the following:

1. Try to aim a bit higher with HE and hit the superstructures of ships, like IScale said. Your chances of doing decent damage is much better there. (But dont aim so high to have a chance to miss completely. You still can set fires with belt-hits because logic.)

2. Get demo-expert and make fire a primary source of your damage inflicted on long ranges. After an enemy has extinguised, shoot one or two volleys at another target then light the first one up again. Kutuzov is great at dealing firedamage. A bit like Cleveland, but much better because shell-flight and burn%)

3. Switch to AP once an enemy (even BBs) show perfect or near-perfect broadside in ranges below ~12km.

1. yep.

2. personally, i'd advise against Demolition Expert. Reason is, the MK has quite a good rate of fire, and those 4 skill points are way better spend on additional hitpoints.

The ship badly needs it, as you can easily get citadels by anything that is afloat. With her good RoF she can set fires easily, without the perk, but your HP melts faster then

ice in the sun.

3. if you come as close as 12km to a BB, you are quite dead. ^^

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,811 posts
10,103 battles

2. Debatable. I see it as slight survivability-buff vs. huge damage-buff. You shouldnt rely on HP in the first place but on smoke, agility, range and positioning. I know where my points will go.

3. Nope because smoke. BBs regularly pass me by at those distances.

• Cool 1

[TSUN]
[TSUN]
Players
6 posts
10,319 battles

Thanks to all that have answered !

Very helpful :)

Still having the same problem though - really annoying ....

I have been leveling the Yorck over the last days and I have no problems doing damage but on my first game with the MK again, 53 hits (HE) on a Tirpitz yielded a whopping 4,5k damage and considering that I shot at 18km and the Tirpitz was stationary in cap circle, all (most) shots must have landed on the superstructure (and I must have killed all of her AA guns as the destroyed symbols just kept popping up). This was followed up by around 20 AP rounds into the side of Myoko that was just barely angled at around 8km which resulted in about 3k damage and the whole episode ended in style as an enemy DD and a squadron of torp bombers created a torp cage and killed me (very very well executed by the enemy carrier player !).

As for the captain skill, I am using the MK in a support role, so I have AFT skilled for the 20% AA range increase. I also feel that she does not need the demolition expert as I usually do my damage mainly through fires which I get often through the sheer volume of fire.

I still like the MK (actually my favorite ship) but maybe mine was sailing under the name 'Flying Dutchman' before and is cursed .... ;)

Anyway, I was just curious if this lack of damage happens to others as well but apparently its just me.

Thank you for your time and good hunting !

[CAIN]
Players
3,387 posts
12,632 battles

That's the thing with the MK, when played as long range fire support, she does barely any damage with HEin short engagements.

When played to her strengths, she does damage over time (as in, over the length of the game), but the main source of damage are fires.

And sometimes, you just don't get any, which can be annoying at times.

I usually have anything from 25k HE damage to 90k HE damage ( which is my personal record), the rest comes from fires,

In certain situatuations, you can add torp damage to the mix.

APing cruisers works only when they are perfectly broadside to you, it also helps when you get closer then 8km.^^

Recently, i had a game on hotspot where i was sneaking around some Island and due to the lack of enemy ships in my sight, i was not lit up. 

The Mogami however was in a fiight with one of our DDs at C, so i was able to ambush himj when he came around the corner.

Two salvos at ~4km and a bunch of Citadels later the nearly full HP Mogami was gone.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,761 posts
17,458 battles

Hi all,

I am not a good player at all (decent at best), so I am aware that I am possibly doing something wrong, but I am unsure as to what. If I hit enemy ships with other ships (regardless of type/model), I do damage – sometimes more, sometimes less but generally, I do damage (being a modest player, hitting is more often my problemJ). But with the MK, I have had some matches now with between 135 and 190 hits that produced no more than 10k damage (not including fire damage). And it is only the MK.

So, if anyone can help me out, that would be appreciated.

First suggestion: Please fix the MM – sooner rather than later !!! (Seriously, some of the recent matchups are just ….)

Second suggestion: I would appreciate some more action against afk players. It is becoming very annoying to have your top tiers afk (botting ?) in multiple matches in a row.

Cheers and good hunting

Closer is better, matey... have a couple of vids where you can see different ammo types for different situations, but I bet others have much better ones than mine...

• Cool 1

Players
340 posts
134 battles

Still having the same problem though - really annoying ....

I have been leveling the Yorck over the last days and I have no problems doing damage but on my first game with the MK again, 53 hits (HE) on a Tirpitz yielded a whopping 4,5k damage and considering that I shot at 18km and the Tirpitz was stationary in cap circle, all (most) shots must have landed on the superstructure (and I must have killed all of her AA guns as the destroyed symbols just kept popping up).

Probably unlucky: Most of your shots missed the superstructure and hit the deck around it. The AA on the Tirpitz is either on the deck or very close to it, so it's quite possible to kill the AA guns without dealing damage.

An alternative explanation is that the Tirpitz was already extremely low on hp and its "hull" module had been depleted. In this case, superstructure hits will also deal no HE damage.

This was followed up by around 20 AP rounds into the side of Myoko that was just barely angled at around 8km which resulted in about 3k damage

If you hit the Myoko's armoured belt at that range and angle, it may just bounce for no damage. Heavy cruisers are designed to have citadel protection against 6" AP at most ranges, although close broadside shots will generally penetrate. If shots land above the belt then you should deal good damage as long as it's below ricochet angle.

Beta Tester
1,480 posts
9,971 battles

I dont have MK yet, but gonna buy it next time its in the shop,  so i cant really offer so much advice besides do as i do check out the most awsome videos off MK on Youtube and you should learn something there. Theres a whole bunch off vids where MK finishes as nr1 in game.

Sign in to follow this