Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OOAndreasOO

To not have a fail MM

11 comments in this topic

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,953 battles

Rememeber that before lament about fail MM

If you join a squad (or platoon as you prefer call it), MM will assign to ALL SHIPS OF SQUAD the tier level of SQUAD TOP TIER

For example if you make a squad with 2 tier III and 1 tier V, MM will consider all 3 ships like tier V ....and maybe in game you will face tier VII

Then if you make a not-same-tier squad, you will heavily penalize yourself and your whole team.

NOTE: i just repeat this little rule because in game I found lot of ppl joined wrong squads balmeing MM

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

Yea, and if you join a division with 3x tier IV you'll be matched against 3x tier VI in a tier VI game...

And if you  join a division with 3x tier VI you'll be matched against 3x tier VIII in a tier VIII game...and so on.

MM hates divisions. ;)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
581 posts
3,759 battles

MM is a little biased against divisions because a good one can change the tide of battle. So MM tries to make the team with more divisions slightly weaker...

Edited by Kenjiro_

Players
236 posts
11,148 battles

Its not the fail divisions, its just the MatchMaking.

Yestarday I had so many battles with T7 and all the BBs on my side were T7, while the enemy had two T9 instead of placing one into our team and there were no DIVISIONS. Its just a drunk system.

• Cool 1

[ITA-A]
Players
197 posts
23,953 battles

Yea, and if you join a division with 3x tier IV you'll be matched against 3x tier VI in a tier VI game...

And if you  join a division with 3x tier VI you'll be matched against 3x tier VIII in a tier VIII game...and so on.

MM hates divisions. ;)

yes, true

MM hates squads

....But a lot of ppl help MM a lot to penalize themselves :P

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

I find that controversial. Fail divisions are allowed because WG wants players with different ships to be able to play together. But then the MM screws divisions, even the same-tiered ones, pitting them against stronger opposition. This should discourage players from divisioning.

I'd rather have a system where fail divs aren't possible while the MM doesn't treat divs as a kind of Kongo flying artifact of doom from the last episode of Arpeggio. I'd prefer to face another division rather than having to be bottom tier most of the times.

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

I don't have exact numbers to offer and maybe this has been published elsewhere. It's also a pity Ichase made a video in which he nails a Montana with a tier 4 DD while being platooned in a T9-10 division. IMO now a lot of people want to try to do the same thing. It can be doable with a DD if you know exactly what you're doing. I for sure do not know so I wouldn't dream of making such a platoon so i won't ruin the game for everyone.

My exp with platoons is not as strict as being written. It depends in the availability of players. 1 tier difference can be doable. And I have the impression MM 'weighes" the tiers. In a 5,5,6 division in prime time hours it's usually quite balanced (tierwise). It doesn't nececarily means you're up in a T8 enemy in every case. It also makes it more enjoyable to have mixed ships in the team. Although I see the sense of humor in making a triple Tirpitz team, it usually means going head on to T9-10 enemies. My advice is to keep even tier levels as much as possible and bring variaty in the shiptypes. And if you have to make a tier difference, make the lowest tiership a DD. It doesn't make that much of a difference if it has 11000 or 11500 hp and detectability of 10 km vs 9.5 a.s.o.

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

It's time for a subforum exclusive for MM-discussions :hiding:

That would actually be quite a good idea, particularly with carriers having their own special matchmaking mechanics that aren't well understood. If we had a dedicated forum then we might be able to actually start to understand the mechanics behind the matchmaker so it might become something we can work with rather than against.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

or if you join division of 3 yamas, you will be against division of 3 shimas... :)

[SNUBS]
Players
17 posts

Why not have, like some other games do, a system incorporating some kind of skill points per round system where it takes a look at each players hit ratios, kills per round, damage per round etc for a given class/ship and then balance the teams by ship tier AND the players abilities and works out an overall skill point average for both teams and adjusts the teams accordingly.

After all, even if MM blanaces just the tiers its not uncommon to get lots of teams that just plain SUCK. Just because your team mates are in high tier ships don't mean jack.

Sign in to follow this