Sign in to follow this  
Wolfenbane

T4 Commander skill for German ships?

5 comments in this topic

Players
374 posts

I'm talking of the T4/T5 Commander skills for the Konig and Nurn at.Now range is out of the question(not that it was needed anyway),Demo Expert is suspect(or is it) because of low HE damage.Can anyone give me suggestions on what to take for this.I'm fine with other nations,it's just with the way the cruisers are in the German line,it poses a bit of a dilemma.

Players
2,813 posts
12,769 battles

I face exactly the same question. It could be that it is better to spend the 4 points on skills in tiers 1-3.

Some people like Survivability Expert. It is quite a large percentage HP increase for DDs, so it is probably quite useful for them. However, cruisers face different problems to DDs, and 2000 HP for a tier 5 ship is useful only in very few games I expect.

I took two skills in tier 2, and have two spare points left over. I took Expert Marksman and Last Stand. The turret traverse was nerfed in 0.5.3, but the skill is still better than nothing. I suffer from lots of engine/steering hits in both German cruisers so Last Stand has been useful.

• Cool 1

Players
671 posts

I'm talking of the T4/T5 Commander skills for the Konig and Nurn at.Now range is out of the question(not that it was needed anyway),Demo Expert is suspect(or is it) because of low HE damage.Can anyone give me suggestions on what to take for this.I'm fine with other nations,it's just with the way the cruisers are in the German line,it poses a bit of a dilemma.

What do you want to do with the commander? Are you going to move him to a different ship as you move up the tiers or keep him in the Konig and Nurn?

At T5/6 I'd just use T2 and 3 skills rather than T4. AFT only becomes useful once you hit the Roon and Hindenburg as their AA got buffed last patch.  It's so so on the T8 Hipper. 

For 2 and 3 depending on what you already selected.

T2 Expert MM might be useful (I've not used the Konigsberg in a while so I can't remember turret rotation times pre patch, but for tracking DDs it's useful) Last stand might be worth it as from what I remember the Konigs and Nurnberg seem to have their rudders and engines constantly disabled by a strong breeze and you don't want to be stuck not moving with their armour. Maybe incoming fire alert if you've been having trouble spotting incoming shells, but I was usually okay.

T3 High alert is good as is vigilance. I'd go for vigilance personally. 

Unless you want to go for T5 concealment expert and need a T4? If you do then AFT or survivability expert, either one will do. It's picking the best of a bad bunch here, none of them really benefit the Konigs or the Nurnberg a lot. 

• Cool 1

[-5D3-]
Players
354 posts
11,936 battles

Get the Tier 4 extra HP for your ship.  You can never not have enough hit points.  :great: Especially now that Wargamming screwed the Konigsburg and Nuernburg out of their only advantage (range) and the screwing up of the turret turn rates.

As to Tier 5 skills...definitely concealment. :rolleyes: Pretty much everything else if garbage in the Commander Skills at those levels.

Of course now that I said it they will nerf those too because they can help German Cruisers......:sceptic:

Hey Wargaming what happen to your promise of "hard hitting" batteries and "tough to crack" armor on German Cruisers????:amazed:

:honoring:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this