Sign in to follow this  
VC381

Can we get one of these please?

6 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

Now that I realise the Furutaka was added to the tree and there used to be a gap at Tier 5, it makes even less sense that they didn't use the Agano there. I mean, the Furutaka and Aoba are half-sisters, the only reason WG can justify them being different tiers is by having Furutaka "as built" and Aoba in fully upgraded WWII spec.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

It's likely enough that at some point we'll get a second (light) and even third (aviation) line for IJN cruisers, but this is at least a year or two away since other nations getting any lines at all have priority. WG may have specific plans for Agano in this respect, and when the time comes Furutaka should seem a little less strange. It is weird though, I agree; Agano would've provided a more linear progression from Kuma's 5.5" guns to Furutaka's 8".

Edited by StringWitch

Beta Tester
165 posts
8,995 battles

i dont know about aviation cruiser, they aren't exactly what people would think, i mean its not like a mix CV and cruiser (it would be bloody difficult to make something like that work anyways) and since most cruisers already have aircraft it begs the question of "why, why should we get a specific class of ship that is essentially the same".

the light cruiser line will be slightly more likely but has the problem that it wont have any ship worth getting a rating over tier 7 (unless we move mogami or simply fletch the line together).

but we will see in the future what they decide, maybe i will be wrong :)

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,835 posts
4,190 battles

i dont know about aviation cruiser, they aren't exactly what people would think, i mean its not like a mix CV and cruiser (it would be bloody difficult to make something like that work anyways) and since most cruisers already have aircraft it begs the question of "why, why should we get a specific class of ship that is essentially the same".

the light cruiser line will be slightly more likely but has the problem that it wont have any ship worth getting a rating over tier 7 (unless we move mogami or simply fletch the line together).

but we will see in the future what they decide, maybe i will be wrong :)

Well, they were designed as scout cruisers and had a much bigger aircraft complement compared to their "regular" relatives. The way I would see them working is having some special consumables representing their aircraft capability instead of the normal cruiser consumables. So something like:

- R: repair - need to have that

- T: fighter - same as the one we already have but at higher tiers can launch a pair rather than a single

- Y: scout - when pressing Y, opens the map to target a square to scout; after that you don't control the plane, it just goes there, flies around a bit then comes back

- U: bomber - (high-tier only) when pressing U, opens the map to target an enemy ship, then a small squadron (a pair or maybe three planes) go and bomb it; again no player input after launch

To compensate they can be balanced by tiering the ships higher than they would be normally based on their armament/armor alone. I think that would be amazing and not too OP or taking too much away from the CV gameplay, especially since even your limited bomber squad would be fully AI controlled after targeting so you can't do fancy stuff like use the map edge or aim manually.

Sign in to follow this