Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Penguin_mafia

Decorative aa guns?

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
73 posts
2,869 battles

So i got the B hull for the omaha recently and saw that in the aa guns tab it says there are 8 of the x4 aa guns on the ship, but when looking at the actually ship there are 10 of the x4 aa guns, do they do nothing or are they just not showing up in the aa guns tab in the stats area? Not a big issue i was just curious since i saw aa gun fire coming from the front 2 (the ones that aren't on the aa stat bit) so i dunno which one is telling the truth.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,609 posts
807 battles

These AA guns on the top of the turrets do not work, it is an issue with the Big World Game Engine that WoWS uses.

norV2.png

Beta Tester
73 posts
2,869 battles

These AA guns on the top of the turrets do not work, it is an issue with the Big World Game Engine that WoWS uses.

norV2.png

damn thats annoying :( thanks anyway, why dont they just remove them though? makes it quite confusing imo.

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,609 posts
807 battles

damn thats annoying :( thanks anyway, why dont they just remove them though? makes it quite confusing imo.

I expect because then some would get confused, if they knew how many AA guns a ship carried and then they weren't there ingame they'd wonder why

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

all AA guns in the game are non-functional.

every ship has an aurora around it, when an aircraft flies into this aurora it takes and exact DPS value. this is how AA guns work in WoWS. instead of the gunners actually firing projectiles at the planes. it makes it a lot easier for the game.

Beta Tester
73 posts
2,869 battles

I expect because then some would get confused, if they knew how many AA guns a ship carried and then they weren't there ingame they'd wonder why

imo its more confusing to see 10 aa guns when the game says there are only 8, but then again it seems the aa guns dont do anything and it is just an aura affected by the aa value of the aa guns, with some fancy particle effects to make it look like aa fire. so it doesn't matter that much.

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,534 battles

every ship has an aurora around it, when an aircraft flies into this aurora it takes and exact DPS value. this is how AA guns work in WoWS. instead of the gunners actually firing projectiles at the planes. it makes it a lot easier for the game.

Thats right.

But there are guns modelled on some ships that dont add tot his aurora, cant be destroyed by enemy gunfire and are not listed in the ships specs. I dont know about the Omaha, but the AA gun on the B turret of the Tirpitz is one of these.

Players
3,551 posts
7,316 battles

Actually "dps" value is chance rolled against plane hitpoints. If squadron composed of planes having lets say 1200hp each receives from all AA guns within range 220dps, it means every second there is 220/1200=0.183, or 18.3% chance of knocking plane down. And such dice is rolled for every plane in attacked squadron
  • Cool 1

Players
349 posts
2,909 battles

Actually "dps" value is chance rolled against plane hitpoints. If squadron composed of planes having lets say 1200hp each receives from all AA guns within range 220dps, it means every second there is 220/1200=0.183, or 18.3% chance of knocking plane down. And such dice is rolled for every plane in attacked squadron

Huh? So that means it's less a HP pool than some sort of durability rating.

Which also means that the notion that a squadron needs to be kept within the bubble and damage can be "reset" by going outside of it is erroneous.

Lots of opinionating on this subject.

Sign in to follow this