Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
OldschoolGaming_YouTube

Is Superintendent always worthless if you use Premium Consumables?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,466 posts
9,811 battles

Is Superintendent always worthless if you use Premium Consumables? When I have Superintendent and have both consumables on my Blyskawika as Premium the popup says i have 5 smokes and 5 Speedcharges but ingame i only have 4 off both? So i dont really get anything for having Superintendent, right? Or am i missing something?

Is it same on all ships you use Premium on?

Players
1,952 posts
6,544 battles

Dont know where you are getting 5 from. DDs have 2 smoke charges by default, +1 from SI and +1 from premium will give you 4 total.

Players
1,458 posts
2,644 battles

I personally find Superintendent not worth it at all. Even with normal consumables, 2 smokes and 2 supercharges are enough for you to do what you need to do in order to secure a win. I use Vigilance instead which is the best skill if you are planning on hunting torpedo boats or other DDs in general.

I use premium consumables in Ranked tho and that is MORE than enough.

[TTT]
Players
4,600 posts
8,081 battles

depends on ship and playstyle - gunboat DDs can definitely use four offensive smokes in a game if the captain is so inclined, and the lower cooldown on the premium variant makes that quite a bit more likely. Three is enough many a time though...

Beta Tester
1,466 posts
9,811 battles

Dont know where you are getting 5 from. DDs have 2 smoke charges by default, +1 from SI and +1 from premium will give you 4 total.

If you put youre mouse over the Superintendent in cap perk a popup comes up that says i have 5 off each in my Blyskawika but then i have 4 in the actual game so i figured they cancelled eachother out or something?

Players
1,952 posts
6,544 battles

If you put youre mouse over the Superintendent in cap perk a popup comes up that says i have 5 off each in my Blyskawika but then i have 4 in the actual game so i figured they cancelled eachother out or something?

I'll have a look tomorrow and see if it shows that for me, but it probably just a visual bug.

Beta Tester
790 posts
1,808 battles

Not always useless, but the times it's udeful are few and the alternatives are better. Back when premium consumables didn't give an extra charge it was a no-brainer to get it, now vigilance or for high tier DD's torpedo acceleration are better choices and that is from a gun based DD perspective. Can't remember the last time I used all three charges and was in need of one more.

And about using smoke offensively; at higher tiers you need to be very careful about it and not stay for to long. There are many torpedo armed ships, you'll have to expect dozens comming for you, and if you dodge those there will always be someone in a cruiser that will close in on you, knowing that it will force you to back out of the smoke or get wrecked when you are detected. Sure, you can try to torp him, but he will be fully prepared for that, presenting the smallest possible target, and even if he eats one, that's not stopping him.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,589 posts

A battleship with 5 premium charges of damage repair can be extremely tenacious. I think this is the most likely instance of premium+superintendent paying off, but it's still uncommon that you'll both take enough HE harass to repair and the battle will last long enough.

Edited by StringWitch

Sign in to follow this