[SKRUB]
[SKRUB]
Players
198 posts
7,436 battles

It's been removed from the game.

i still want it tho ;)

the community wants it....

heck give it 1km range torps and i would still drive it just to spin around it in free cam

just give us kitakami chan!

Modder, Alpha Tester
1,611 posts
807 battles

i still want it tho ;)

the community wants it....

heck give it 1km range torps and i would still drive it just to spin around it in free cam

just give us kitakami chan!

You never had to endure it ingame. It's better this way, believe me.

• Cool 1

Players
284 posts
3,020 battles

You never had to endure it ingame. It's better this way, believe me.

Lies! I always had a small hope that it would return to my port. The funniest ship I had in cbt. The ship might be gone, but my withdrawals will never go away. :(
Edited by Noobsplatter
  • Cool 1

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
578 posts
6,317 battles

Hello I wanted to ask the staff if there is the possibility to purchase the kitakami in the future

Grazie :)

MA PERCHè?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,304 posts
6,198 battles

Well you can still view it in your port :-D

w7eMefv.jpg

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,956 battles

in the open beta who paid the ship (50 usd) can still use it, those who took the test ship, the duration was 6 months

no you got all your payes dublones back

Beta Tester
1,980 posts
2,160 battles

Jingles described it as a "one-trick pony", that depended on circumstances being just right for the trick to work at all. And I also heard that it was a magic shell magnet, getting insta-sunk the moment it was spotted.... which kind of figures.

Players
695 posts

Well Kitakami is a Kuma class cruiser (tier 4), with tier 4 stats, just some of the guns removed to make room for the torp launchers. It kinda figures that Kuma at tier 8 or 10 has trouble surviving once its spotted :)

[2OP]
[2OP]
Beta Tester
46 posts
6,877 battles

Is it possible to get back this unique ship? I personally like a cruiser with destroyer gameplay features.

It will never come back.

[PONY]
Players
3,135 posts
2,551 battles

Is it possible to get back this unique ship? I personally like a cruiser with destroyer gameplay features.

try the Atlanta... in a way it is an oversized DD :D

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,687 posts
9,234 battles

It wasn't a cruiser with destroyer gameplay features, it was a cruiser with features from a B17 bomber, ie : carpet bomb and hoping you hit something.
  • Cool 1

[PONY]
Players
3,135 posts
2,551 battles

It wasn't a cruiser with destroyer gameplay features, it was a cruiser with features from a B17 bomber, ie : carpet bomb and hoping you hit something.

sounds nearly like a Shimakaze to me

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

I really want it doe. A cruiser with 20 torpedo launchers per side? Gimme!

Heck, when specced for stealth it even has a detection range of 8.7km, so plenty of room for stealth torping(unless there's dds or planes spotting you).

[SKANE]
Beta Tester
140 posts
4,336 battles

I hope it returns :) Especially during these dark days when everyone is whining about how op BB's are. The Kitakami could definitely be a BB punishing vessel.

[UK-RN]
Beta Tester
447 posts
5,836 battles

I never had one, but i remember the Kitti well. It was a quite a thing wasn't it? and by "quite a thing" i mean it was totally mental.

Who in their right mind thought this ship was a good idea? It must have been such a frustration to play. maybe its just the nostalgia value, but i do kinda miss it

[-UKA-]
Beta Tester
62 posts
9,215 battles

i had one was a crap ship realy but was fun to play. if i renember right it had 10k torps only problem tho was the detection was 11k. must admit i wouldnt mind having it back

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,362 battles

You could get it down to the 9.3/1 (cant remember) that we get on Takao/Atago now, so stealth torping was possible as long as it was defensively. And come on, a 3 div Kitakami division = 120 torpedoes... I dont care if you are a Kuma at tier VIII, thats just too fun! Also, in those days it was very hard to overpen a citadel, unlike now. So the deletions she was well known for wouldnt happen that often.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,938 battles

You know even after they pulled the ship out from sales, they still have it modelled and in game.

Some people datamined some patches where they added different consumables to Kitakami. They gave it Hydro/speed boost+Kutuzov smoke. So basically if its this version we see at some point it may not be that gimmicky anymore. 

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,200 posts
3,242 battles
16 hours ago, Affeks said:

You know even after they pulled the ship out from sales, they still have it modelled and in game.

Some people datamined some patches where they added different consumables to Kitakami. They gave it Hydro/speed boost+Kutuzov smoke. So basically if its this version we see at some point it may not be that gimmicky anymore. 

Torpwalls.

b64.jpg[/img]

[OSC]
Players
1,991 posts
11,504 battles
On 2/27/2016 at 10:40 PM, Antoniofnc said:

Hello I wanted to ask the staff if there is the possibility to purchase the kitakami in the future

Grazie :)

no