Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Burke

Nagato captain skill points

9 comments in this topic

Players
261 posts
3,662 battles

So I have had a long break from wows. But I came back yesterday. I see there have been added new captain skills. But of course that also lead to all my placed captain skills have been reset, and I now have to redo it (have 11 points)

I'm still trying to get back into the game, and I dont remember how my Nagato skill tree was before. Here is how I thought about spending the 11 points, does it need change?

Not sure about AFT on nagato. Is it not only good if you have caliber up to 139mm?

http://i.imgur.com/2WnmYVb.jpg

Edited by Mr_Burke

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,637 battles

For the main batteries, AFT only affects guns with a caliber of up to 139mm. Secondaries however profit disregard of the caliber, so the Nagatos 140mm secondaries do get the range increase.

so yes, I would take the same skills as you are considering.

(In fact, my Nagatos 15pt Captain is missing basics of survivability skill for sake of the manual fire control skill, but in every other aspect the same skills as you are considering)

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,422 battles

Vigilance has been buffed, it's defenitely not wasted. Probably a matter of personal taste.

Players
261 posts
3,662 battles

Is Expert marksman on a BB still worth it with the new changes? As I see it I would only get +0.7deg/s, because of the BB main battery big caliber

Edited by Mr_Burke

[ST-EU]
Supertester
1,047 posts
2,276 battles

Is Expert marksman on a BB still worth it with the new changes? As I see it I would only get +0.7deg/s, because of the BB main battery big caliber

They always got 0.7 degrees per second from it, so no change regarding BB.

Players
1,648 posts
12,101 battles

Expert Marksman was not changed afaik. It is always a good choice on a BB but mainly because you do not need any of the other perks.

AFT still affects your secondaries as usual as it says in the description. I think the range increase for AA is needed more than for secondary artillery (which is still nice). Ever since I got my Ranger, I think of Nagato as some nice juicy prey. The 25mm guns are no longer what they used to be.

Edited by _Kyoshi

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

Expert Marksman was not changed afaik. It is always a good choice on a BB but mainly because you do not need any of the other perks.

AFT still affects your secondaries as usual as it says in the description. I think the range increase for AA is needed more than for secondary artillery (which is still nice). Ever since I got my Ranger, I think of Nagato as some nice juicy prey. The 25mm guns are no longer what they used to be.

Expert marksman was changed, but only for ships with main batteries between 140mm and 155mm.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,653 posts
9,477 battles

What if I replaced superintendent with vigilance, would that be a waste?

I would actually prefer Vigilance. With the premium heal you get 4 charges - which is usually enough.

Sign in to follow this