Sign in to follow this  
KapteinSabeltann

Suggestion for improvement of matchmaker.

1 comment in this topic

Players
141 posts
6,632 battles

Hi ppl.

So currently there is a lot of concerns about balance in games, especially so in high tiers where BBs and DDs seem to rule. Although changes to CV's in the current patch might sort this a little.

A recent change to the MM have been to match equal ship types if it can. Aka; if team A has a Fletcher then team B gets a fletcher too. I think this is a decent start in regards to improvoing matchmaking but there are still severe problems. Watching iChases last video about DD-intensive high-tier games illustrates such a scenario:

:

Now: I think the MM could be further improved by matching ships by ROLES, not just class or mirroring like it is now. For instance I never play my Cleveland anymore, it was maxed for AA but all the other nerfs to it made it no fun to play, and I hardly ever get matched against CS's in it. Therefore I just let it rot in my harbour - I actually LIKE playing support which is why I maxed it for AA in the first place.

What I suggest is: define role-rules for MM. Ex: it a game has a lot of DDs (especially at high tier) then have the MM prioritize CVs for that game, even lower tier ones as their spotting becomes very important. If a game have CV's in it - try to add a AA support cruiser or two on the teams (this way the poor U.S. CL/CA's can be more useful), making game experience will be more consistently enjoyable. And so on and so forth.

What do you guys think?

Edited by KapteinSabeltann

Sign in to follow this