Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Varian_Dorn

Arpeggio of Blue Steel - more ships planned?

10 comments in this topic

Players
207 posts
9,884 battles

Greetings!

After finishing the Kongo Challenge and now failing at the Myoko Challenge (300 fires? wtf?) I recently watched most of the Arpeggio of Blue Steel series. In an odd way I do like it, and I came across a World of Warships commercial at the end of one episode - which, for a brief moment, included a list of ARP ships in in-game graphic (port view).

It seems there are more of those ships on the horizon, so my question is this: when will we see them? Will we ever see them? Will they get a more fitting voice recording (as in, maybe the original voices reprising their roles for Warships?)

Among the ships in this list, I saw Haruna and Takao... and while Haruna would be another variant of the Kongo class, Takao should be rather interesting to have.

Also I'd like to inquire about one other... I think it would be both worth an epic challenge and look cool if you added a chance to get Musashi. Any chances on that? And to all sceptical people out there:

1.) A challenge for Musashi should be for Tier 8 ships or higher, as this is the normal area of MM that we get to see a Yamato-class vessel anyway. So no (total) noobs riding around at Tier X when that challenge would be completed.

2.) Haruna could be created as a slight variant to Kongo, not only in appearance, but in stats too, somehow reflecting her personailty from the show maybe. Think Kamikaze R compared to Minekaze, for example. similar, yet slightly different. Kongou could be slightly altered in this manner too, to create a little more diversity.

2.) Russian cruisers are close, German Battleships and the start of a Royal Navy tree are in the works, as far as I know. So I don't wanna read any party-poopers here demanding their precious "realistic" tech trees.

3.) Don't make yourself look like a fool by looking down on the ARP ships as "not fitting" in Warships due to their colorful appearance and background. I could list a ton of facts that make Warships unrealistic as a whole, so don't try to play that card. Plus you only see their modified Looks if you have Port Yokosuka turned on, if I'm not mistaken, so there ya go.

Last but not least, here's a wild one: how about the idea of including Iona I-401 in the game? Now, to avoid the "WG won't add submarines" reply, I thought about I-401 in her "ARS NOVA" mode - those of you who have seen the show and/or can do google know what I mean. It would present the opportunity to experiment with forward and aft limited-arc torpedo tubes (fast, powerful but difficult to use as you have to turn most of the ship around to fire) without the need to create a full submarine.

And for those that say I-401 is still mostly a submarine, even in ARS NOVA mode.... well, the battleships and cruisers in Arpeggio of Blue Steel are basically also capable of submerging, and so far I haven't seen Kongo or Myoko in-game doing that :-).

• Cool 3

Players
686 posts
7,060 battles

In real life I401 was an aircraft carying Sub that was supposed to attak the US with up to 3 Planes in his Hangar.

Would be so cool if you could Play Iona as a DD with an aditional Squad of 3 TBs. and semigood Camorating ( They even used the Planes in the Manga at some Point )

Could be a April Special like the Witchhunt.

[BLOBS]
Community Contributor
921 posts
3,733 battles

There are definitely more ARP ships planned; 3 other Kongo variants have already been spotted in the game files (Haruna, Hiei and Kirishima) and there's been a few rumours of Takao as well (a silhouette of her commander is in the game files). As for other ships, we'll see I guess, more is always better. In a Q&A, it was stated that more VA would be introduced at some point, hopefully soon as having Iona's voice on Kongo is a little immersion breaking. As for the I-401... I don't know. It would be interesting to see, but I very much doubt they'd go through the effort of creating a new model for the Ars Nova partnership when re-skins of existing ships is much less time consuming.

Players
1,873 posts
2,446 battles

as for musashi, one of posts about challenged mentioned "even mighty Yamato"

but then tbh before all the modeling to get ars nova I-401 I'd like to see visuals of the existing ship tweaked to behave more like a ships of fog

what do I mean?

first of all - turrents on battleships - if you watched the anime you should instantly know what I mean [if you don't I'd advice to rewatch kirishima and haruna atack on port yokosuka and give a speciall attention to their turrets barrels]

surely firing lazors is not possible but energy discharge emiting a shell like energy projectile would cut it

and second thing....

Kleine's field - It'd be wonderfull if hits on ARP ships would show up as kleine's field intercepting it with a shiny field's collapsing around 50% of hp

EDIT: fixed some typos

Edited by Elenortirion
  • Cool 1

Players
1,873 posts
2,446 battles

I would love a Mod/feature that Change Torpedohits to look like an Corrosive Torpedo Impact as well.

but only for ARP ships launched torps :P

Weekend Tester
128 posts
4,503 battles

but then tbh before all the modeling to get ars nova I-401 I'd like to see visuals of the existing ship tweaked to behave more like a ships of fog

what do I mean?

first of all - turrents on battleships - if you watched the anime you should instantly know what I mean [if you don't I'd advice to rewatch kirishima and haruna atack on port yokosuka and give a speciall attention to their turrets barrels]

surely firing lazors is not possible but energy discharge emiting a shell like energy projectile would cut it

and second thing....

Kleine's field - It'd be wonderfull if hits on ARP ships would show up as kleine's field intercepting it with a shiny field's collapsing around 50% of hp

These stuffs are exist in a big ARP mod posted on NA forum which contains effects,sound, interface mods. However is adds these new effects for every ship. These new effects are located in the particles and profile folders so if someone doesn't like it, deleting these two folders will remove it.

Edit: Download link is working again.

Edited by Nishizumi77
  • Cool 1

Players
207 posts
9,884 battles

There are definitely more ARP ships planned; 3 other Kongo variants have already been spotted in the game files (Haruna, Hiei and Kirishima) and there's been a few rumours of Takao as well (a silhouette of her commander is in the game files). As for other ships, we'll see I guess, more is always better. In a Q&A, it was stated that more VA would be introduced at some point, hopefully soon as having Iona's voice on Kongo is a little immersion breaking. As for the I-401... I don't know. It would be interesting to see, but I very much doubt they'd go through the effort of creating a new model for the Ars Nova partnership when re-skins of existing ships is much less time consuming.

Let's hope for the best here. I have to agree though, modelling ARS NOVA I-401 would be quite the project.... but then again, Wargaming has occasionally produced ships that aren't re-skins of existing models. Mikhail Kutuzov and Imperator Nikolai spring to mind here, for example.

Wargaming! What's your opinion on this? Think of the prospect of creating ARS NOVA I-401 - both for the design challenge and as a testbed for new weapon angles and applications... as I said, fixed, limited arc torpedo tubes for example. I'm not asking for any promises or confirmations or denials or anything, just a personal opinion if you guys would find the idea at least interesting.

Because, that's all it is for now, an idea.

And as I said already regarding more ARP ships in general, I hope we will get some of them, particularly Haruna and Takao for me. Maybe sometime after the current ARP challenge expires?

Edit: I know that right now the russian cruiser line is the next big thing. I don't expect to see a new big challenge for anything up until after the dust has settled from the cruiser release. Just saying.

Edited by Varian_Dorn

Players
207 posts
9,884 battles

Thanks for sharing. I'm also excited that we have news from asia regarding the next round of ARP in World of Warships. Kirishima! Iona! More effects! And a hint at Haruna and more ARP related improvements!

EDIT: On a side note, playing with Kongou the other night - I heard a phrase in japanese after I took some damage that clearly included the mentioning of a Klein Field. So while it isn't visually shown, it's mentioned somehow. Though i don't know what is said, as I don't speak japanese.

Edited by Varian_Dorn

Sign in to follow this