Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkybuckFlying

Location data of visible ships should be send/received only.

13 comments in this topic

Players
1,246 posts
17,308 battles

I just played a game where this nurnberg ship or something like that seemed to be able to see me, while I was destroyer and well hidden.

I suspect some kind of cheat were ship data is displayed like some kind of wall hack.

Game should be modified so ship location data is only received for those ships which are actually visible.

I have seen this behaviour before were ships somehow manage to track me while in theory should not  be possible.

Could be coincidence or some kind of sonar but already checked and there was no sonar... or perhaps a dd near... but probably also not the case...

Perhaps I was visible on minimap in "ghost" mode, horizon spotting ? Though also seems very unlikely...

When that ship starting to navigate towards me and make a navigation adjustment I was pretty sure he could see me... I was going for the carrier.

For replay purpose the game should encrypt non visible ship locations and only provide the key to decrypt those locations for replay purposes after the game is over, or a person exists.

Beta Tester
2,119 posts
4,874 battles

Replay pls............

AFAIK you don't receive any enemy positions that you can't see, neither plain nor encrypted.

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Players
63 posts
6,048 battles

I suspect you don't understand spotting:

1. Ships are revealed server side - there can be no wall hack.
  2. Nurn has 5km hydro search.
  3. Something else could be spotting you.
  4. Your movement was predictable.
  5. He can just blind fire ...
Edited by Slugywug
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,659 battles

As far as I know, the game already works in the way you demand: ship locations are only received if the ship is spotted

Did you have that situation awareness skill? If yes, what did you do which made you think you're invisible? (Just asking since I already shot and sunk several DDs which were hiding in smoke but continued to fire all the time - I just needed to triangulate their positions with help of their own shell trajectories)

Edited by Ghostychan

Players
453 posts

Situational Awareness for the win. If you're a DD and you don't have it, you're doing it oh so very wrong.

Another point... if you pop smoke, everyone can see the smoke. That's a tell-tale of a destroyer's presence. Popping smoke when nobody's seen you is just plain dumb and I, as a predominantly cruiser/battleship driver totally approve of dumb destroyers giving themselves away like that.

The other posters have already pretty much said the rest of my piece, I think, so...

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,557 battles

What you re asking for is literally how the game already works - your client will only know about ships that are supposed to be spotted and recieves no data about ships that arent.

Edited by praetor_jax

Players
1,246 posts
17,308 battles

Just seemed to have happened again, so possible explanations:

1. You are wrong, location data is always sent.

2. Some other kind of cheat being used.

3. Some server-controlled bot.

(Haven't seen sonar in a while, which ships still have that ? Wasn't that removed ? BBs sure as hell don't have it).

4. or maybe a dd that I dont spot but he spots me and thus bb can see me :) though dd seemed out of range.

Edited by SkybuckFlying

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

The way you're talking about this suggests you don't have the Situation Awareness skill. Do you have it or not? 'Cause if you don't that would explain everything.

As for your sonar question: All tier 4+ cruisers have sonar, either optionally (typically from tier 6+) or as their only choice for that consumable slot. Some DDs also get it, I think US tier 8+ and Lo Yang.

Edited by StringWitch

Players
1,246 posts
17,308 battles

The way you're talking about this suggests you don't have the Situation Awareness skill. Do you have it or not? 'Cause if you don't that would explain everything.

As for your sonar question: All tier 4+ cruisers have sonar, either optionally (typically from tier 6+) or as their only choice for that consumable slot. Some DDs also get it, I think US tier 8+ and Lo Yang.

Good question.

Ofcourse all my destroyers have situational awareness.

This raises an interesting question:

1. My boat is not detected ?

2. It is driving passed the edge of the border.

How can the enemy still see me ?

So new question:

Does sonar trigger "you have been detected' ?

Answer: probably not.

However I was being chased by an ARP Myogo or something like that.

Further more in both situations the enemy ship remained outside of firing range.

One time only a few honderds of meters, another time 1 km to 10 meters or so.

The one chasing me never really attacked, it tried a bit but later gave way.

At start it was AFK.

I suspected because of it being AFK a bot took over.

It seemed to play like a dumbass bot :)

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles
When you start complaining of cheats/hacks being involved in something that you do not fully understand, this topic begins to go nowhere. If you do not understand something, make a constructive topic about, not claims of cheating/hacking going on. Topic will be closed
  • Cool 1