Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SkybuckFlying

Ghostbuster reward

28 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

I agree, that could be a very fun reward and one that will lead to a few laughs I imagine. :medal:

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,653 battles

Fear my Mikasa for having sunk an unseen enemy destroyer while shooting at an enemy South Carolina!

Now I want to hear somebody complain that the Mikasa can't hit ship

But it would indeed be a funny reward, but It should be limited to ships sunk by main battery (because it's fairly easy to do with torpedoes)

Edited by Ghostychan

Players
12 posts

I agree, that could be a very fun reward and one that will lead to a few laughs I imagine. :medal:

Cue endless hack posts from the conspiracy mob...still, good idea though.

[CATS]
Players
14,664 posts
10,879 battles

Idea for a ghostbuster reward:

Sink or destroy a ship without ever having seen it :) =D

Have already done that and that was done to me too :hiding:

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

But it would indeed be a funny reward, but It should be limited to ships sunk by main battery (because it's fairly easy to do with torpedoes)

Then again you would think DDs are able to dodge those torps not even aimed at them.

Players
1,246 posts
17,293 battles

Fear my Mikasa for having sunk an unseen enemy destroyer while shooting at an enemy South Carolina!

Now I want to hear somebody complain that the Mikasa can't hit ship

It could be split up into two rewards:

1. "Lucky" reward for destroying an unseen ship with torpedoes.

2. "Ghostbuster" reward for finishing off a ship with cannons that was never seen, either hit by torps first or cannons exclusively.

However for ghostbuster reward the conditions could be slightly lowered, if the ship was only a "ghost" image (transparent) on the minimap for maximum of 2 seconds it could still count.

Or it could be split up into even more categories:

Ultimate Ghostbuster: destroyed/finished off a totally unseen ship with cannons.

Gives a slightly higher reward.

Now the question is what kind of reward should be given ?

Well it seem most suiting to give a signal flag:

*Updated*:

Was:

+%10 concealment bonus for ghostbuster reward

+%15 concealment bonus for ultimate ghost buster reward.

Changed to:

+%10 cannon rate increase for ghostbuster reward

+%15 cannon rate increase for ultimate ghost buster reward.

For lucky reward:

was:

+%20 torpedo damage.

changed to:

-%10 torpedo reload time =DDDDDDDDDD (for trying out more lucky shots/torps ! =D turning your boat into a lucky boat ! ;) =D)

(too prevent "lucky" recursion, the lucky reward cannot be re-earned when lucky reward signal mounted ! ;) =D)

Edited by SkybuckFlying

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Well it seem most suiting to give a signal flag:

+%10 concealment bonus for ghostbuster reward

+%15 concealment bonus for ultimate ghost buster reward.

For lucky reward:

+%20 torpedo damage.

no

Beta Tester
795 posts
4,327 battles

Would you like a shimakancer with 26k damage torpedoes pop up 4.5 km from you? Or maybe not pop up at all? Have you been in a one Yamato vs 12 DD late night game? No? Then NO.

Beta Tester
795 posts
4,327 battles

Did you know that they can also take a consumable so then can launch 5 * 6 spreads in 31 seconds? That can wipe out half your team, and they will keep doing that every 5 minutes in the game.

Edit: Sorry wrong info, thank god they don't have it on Shimakaze.

Edited by KarmaQU_EU

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Hmmm... I am guessing +20% torpedo damage too powerfull for you ? =D

YES!

I mean my minekaze/kamikaze has REALLY underpowered torpedos damage-wise at tier 7 (hitting 6 torpedos will not kill a colerado)  but it REALLY wouldnt be worth it to add that kind of flag into the game

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Did you know that they can also take a consumable so then can launch 5 * 6 spreads in 31 seconds? That can wipe out half your team, and they will keep doing that every 5 minutes in the game.

No they can't? Isn't that consumable only for Mutsuki and Hatsuharu?

[DSW]
Players
3,787 posts
7,737 battles

No they can't? Isn't that consumable only for Mutsuki and Hatsuharu?

Hatsu and Kagero actually, to give them a reason to be a tier higher than their predecessors mainly...

[TTT]
Players
1,168 posts
9,822 battles

Hatsu and Kagero actually, to give them a reason to be a tier higher than their predecessors mainly...

Ah you are quite right, don't know where I got Mut from. Thanks!

Players
1,246 posts
17,293 battles

No I did not ! Tell me more ?! Which tier is this ? And what ship ? I assume a destroyer, all ? or just some tier ? Or premiums ones ? Is it dabloon only ? Or credits based ?

Players
1,246 posts
17,293 battles

Oh my god !

I just checked my hatsuharu ! I just love that name ! LOL.

AND IT HAS A FRICKING TURBO BOOSTER ?! OH MY GOD ! I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THAT ! [edited]

I was wondering where all those torpedoes were coming from some games ?! [edited]

Another secret revealed ! KWEEELLLL.

Now I am 5% more pissy for this game not telling me ! LOL.

But there is also a big smile on my face =D and a tiny little sparkle in my eyes ! =D And a tear of joy ! =D LOL.

I did find the hatsuharu a bit underpowered, with just 2 guns and 2 torpedo launches... yes large range but that don't buy much... hmmmmm... could this be a ship stats changer ? hmmmm =D

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Hmmm... I am guessing +20% torpedo damage too powerfull for you ? =D

actually torpedo damage is least of my concerns. having 10% or 15% concealment bonus is way too OP. already have 5.4km in kamikaze, if you add 10% more on that you get 4.8km. so you could get almost 5km stealth on any higher tier ijn dd (t8+). so just no.
Edited by robihr

Players
1,246 posts
17,293 battles

actually torpedo damage is least of my concerns. having 10% or 15% concealment bonus is way too OP. already have 5.4km in kamikaze, if you add 10% more on that you get 4.8km. so you could get almost 5km stealth on any higher tier ijn dd (t8+). so just no.

You worry to much... the ghostbuster reward will be very rare, since you will have to shoot an invisible enemy with cannons. It might be allowed to damage it with torps, but should be finished off with cannons, both completely unseen.

Thus for such a marvelous achievement such a reward would be very nice, to introduce a true ghost ship to the game on rare occasions, to keep people on their toes ! ;)

Perhaps there could even be a small little "ghost" icon above the ship during loading so people are warned of this =D

Only worry is people feeding others, but I think that's probably rare or not occuring in this game.

Edited by SkybuckFlying

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i dont worry too much cause it will be premium flag, so everyone can buy it even if they dont achieve it like every other flag out there.

anyways as achievement it could be fun, but rewards you suggested simply no. even now ppl complain about invisi shooting and invisi torping, cant imagine what would happen if you add 10% or 15% more concealment.

Players
1,246 posts
17,293 battles

Ok, concealment bonus could be given out to my new reward idea: "magician".

Instead ghostbuster reward could now give a higher rate of fire.

In other words a reload reduction of 10% to 15%.

This also makes more sense for GHOST BUSTING ! =D

More chance to bust another ghost ! ;) =D

Sign in to follow this