Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sukkerknald

Kamikaze R, stats wrong?

12 comments in this topic

[EC_DK]
[EC_DK]
Beta Tester
7 posts
7,916 battles

Hey WG,

nice to see the Kamikaze R in the shop since some of us didnt get it in the lottery, but there is one thing im a little disappointed in and that is:

The torps "only" have a 5.6 km range, so i bought this ship believing it had 7 km range? is it just me or am i missing something here?

"

Kamikaze R in a nutshell:

• With the Japanese branch of destroyers being fully developed in World of Warships and winning many popularity contests, Kamikaze R is a great way to train your commanders and rake in the skill points thanks to the Premium camouflage.
  • 7 kilometers-range torpedoes
  • Saying that anti-air defense is a bit lackluster would be a gross understatement, so you would do great to disable your AA armament by pressing the "P" key. That way you will stay concealed from the hungry eyes of enemy air units.

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

Hey WG,

nice to see the Kamikaze R in the shop since some of us didnt get it in the lottery, but there is one thing im a little disappointed in and that is:

The torps "only" have a 5.6 km range, so i bought this ship believing it had 7 km range? is it just me or am i missing something here?

"

• With the Japanese branch of destroyers being fully developed in World of Warships and winning many popularity contests, Kamikaze R is a great way to train your commanders and rake in the skill points thanks to the Premium camouflage.
  • Saying that anti-air defense is a bit lackluster would be a gross understatement, so you would do great to disable your AA armament by pressing the "P" key. That way you will stay concealed from the hungry eyes of enemy air units.

Try it with a captain without Torpedo Acceleration skill. ;)

(+ 5 knots to torpedo speed, -20% to torpedo range)

Edited by Trigger_Happy_Dad

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

Hey WG,

"

I might be wrong, but there are two torpedo types available for selection. If course you should select the longer range ones. The other ones are "stock".

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

Try it with a captain without Torpedo Acceleration skill. ;)

(+ 5 knots to torpedo speed, -20% to torpedo range)

This is the correct idea!

Beta Tester
6,753 posts
7,907 battles

I might be wrong, but there are two torpedo types available for selection. If course you should select the longer range ones. The other ones are "stock".

torpslhswz.jpg

Only 1 type of torps on that babe. ;)

Beta Tester
847 posts

I would not advice torpedo acceleration on kamikaze. Was no fun with my kagero captain. The only way this works if you have the 5th rank camo skill. 

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,507 posts

np, ship happens. ;)

Public service announcement...

Do not search for this on youtube. You have been warned. :trollface:

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

Btw disabling the AA doesn't matter because it only has .9km AA range. At that range the planes have spotted you anyways.

Beta Tester
847 posts

You mean the 1 point in AA does anything anyway ? Also I would disable it, however I do not know the exact spoting rules of smoke vs plane. But my feeling tells me, when in smoke and hiding from planes, deactivate AA. However this could be wrong. 

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,613 battles

The only thing that can spot you in smoke is another ship 2 km away (or 3 km if he has acquisition upgrade), or a cruiser using sonar 3.5 km away (5km for German cruusers).

Also radar next patch.

Planes can't spot you if you are in smoke, but they will spot you if you are BEHIND smoke.

Sign in to follow this