Sign in to follow this  
Listy

Reticule and GUI changes.

4 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
186 posts
620 battles

In world of tanks you're able to customise the in battle GUI and what it displays. Such as enemy ships health and type. Is this functionality in WOWS, if so where do I find it? Because I've hunted around the Setting menu, and can't for the life of me find it.

If not, why not? It seems to be a very good feature and very useful for someone coming over from WOT.

Edit:

Equally as a WOT player, where's the accelerate crew training option? As IT seems I'm making all this EXP on premiums and I can't use it unless I pay up again. One could argue I already payed for the premium ship, so in effect its double dipping. Which seems a bit of a less player friendly way of doing it than WOT.

Edited by Listy

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,403 posts

WOWS doesn't have any settings affecting the appearance of the GUI beside the "show alternative battle interface" option which, when turned on, constantly displays what you'd otherwise only see while holding Alt. I'd recommend it... very strongly; kind of a shambles that the 'alternative' interface isn't standard.

There is no accelerate crew training option. I remember reading from a Q&A posted on The Armored Patrol that the devs would like to do something with the unused experience, but don't want to use it for crew training and haven't otherwise decided.

Edited by StringWitch

Alpha Tester
186 posts
620 battles

WOWS doesn't have any settings affecting the appearance of the GUI beside the "show alternative battle interface" option which, when turned on, constantly displays what you'd otherwise only see while holding Alt. I'd recommend it... very strongly; kind of a shambles that the 'alternative' interface isn't standard.

There is no accelerate crew training option. I remember reading from a Q&A posted on The Armored Patrol that the devs would like to do something with the unused experience, but don't want to use it for crew training and haven't otherwise decided.

I was actually after a minimal Interface with Type of ship and health bar*. I suspect the reason for not having full interface as standard, is because it'd make the GUI look like an unholy mess.

*I'm after a health bar because of dissatisfaction. You shoot at a ship and see some damage numbers... what do they mean? A Graphical display Ala the health bar would remove that as you can see  the damage done in comparison to the HP of the ship. So I just hit him for 1300 damage, did I nearly blow his ship in half, or is the captain giggling and saying "It'll buff out!".

Its entirely comfort of use, but it'd get rid of the nagging feeling that you're being as ineffective as a panda's mating drive.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,101 battles

I was actually after a minimal Interface with Type of ship and health bar*. I suspect the reason for not having full interface as standard, is because it'd make the GUI look like an unholy mess.

*I'm after a health bar because of dissatisfaction. You shoot at a ship and see some damage numbers... what do they mean? A Graphical display Ala the health bar would remove that as you can see  the damage done in comparison to the HP of the ship. So I just hit him for 1300 damage, did I nearly blow his ship in half, or is the captain giggling and saying "It'll buff out!".

Its entirely comfort of use, but it'd get rid of the nagging feeling that you're being as ineffective as a panda's mating drive.

I use Aslains mod and Monstrofils ship health indicator for that - Aslains thread here.

Sample (ignore the skulls as that is my addition)

Qpblp8A.jpg

Sign in to follow this