Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Anthoniusii

An answer from the developers please.

27 comments in this topic

Players
345 posts

Can someone explain me the reason why tier 8 Japanese Cruiser and Battleship are inferior than tier 7 ones?

Can a developer please explain why Amagi has less gun range from Nagato and 4 entire kms less gun range from tier 8 US Battleship?

If US BB is newer then why Amagi has not atleast same gun range -or slightly improved- than Nagato?

The same question comes for tier 8 Jap cruiser that has less gun range than tier 7 one with BETTER/newer OR SAME guns?

BTW. What is the idea of having same era 8 inch guns with less range than 5 or 6 inch ones?

Basic physics proves you wrong!

Can we expect a gun range fix based on gun caliber and tier of a ship?

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,615 battles

If you expect a developer to answer your questions, take a seat because it may take a while.

• Cool 1

Players
345 posts

If you expect a developer to answer your questions, take a seat because it may take a while.

I know...I play WoT since patch 0.0.6 and know that WG developers are the most "unfriendly" and unresponsive to their clients.

I just had a hope that this dev team would be the exeption.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,480 posts
7,954 battles

Can someone explain me the reason why tier 8 Japanese Cruiser and Battleship are inferior than tier 7 ones?

Can a developer please explain why Amagi has less gun range from Nagato and 4 entire kms less gun range from tier 8 US Battleship?

If US BB is newer then why Amagi has not atleast same gun range -or slightly improved- than Nagato?

The same question comes for tier 8 Jap cruiser that has less gun range than tier 7 one with BETTER/newer OR SAME guns?

BTW. What is the idea of having same era 8 inch guns with less range than 5 or 6 inch ones?

What I can say is that the Mogami is getting 0.5 km longer range while the Myoko is getting 0.5 km shorter range next major patch (0.5.4). That leaves the Mogami with 0.1 km over the Myoko.

So far no changes to the Amagi.

Personally I think the Amagi looks to be fine (I don't own it yet) and has better armor layout than the Nagato as well as of course more guns. Having a decent AA battery also favors the Amagi.

I have to take other people's word for it, and I've heard very little negative about the Amagi to be honest. Actually I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Edited by Nechrom

Players
345 posts

What I can say is that the Mogami is getting 0.5 km longer range while the Myoko is getting 0.5 km shorter range next major patch (0.5.4). That leaves the Mogami with 0.1 km over the Myoko.

So far no changes to the Amagi.

Personally I think the Amagi looks to be fine (I don't own it yet) and has better armor layout than the Nagato as well as of course more guns. Having a decent AA battery also favors the Amagi.

I have to take other people's word for it, and I've heard very little negative about the Amagi to be honest. Actually I've heard a lot of good things about it.

Amagi has ONLY better life points and its more agile.

But it has 4 kms less gun range and worst armor 19-254 for tier 8 US BB (19-305).Its suposed that US ship was newer than the Jap one to justify those diferences.

But still...Nagato (as pure BB) has armor 19-305 and gun range of 21 kms comparing to Amagi's 19 kms that is smaller even by tier 5 Jap BB Kongo!

There are two options actually.

Increase the Amagi's gun range by atleast 3 kms max to justify the investement in credits and time to have this tier 8 ship.

Change places with Amagi and Nagato and give Nagato the life of Amagi as tier 8 and the life of Nagato to Amagi as tier 7 plus equal gun range with Kongo.

I insist to put Kongo in the comparison because Kongo and Amagi were primarily Battlecruisers.

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,178 battles

The Amagi does not need more range, because it is not a sniper and should never be played at max range. You are looking at the wrong stats if you just want range. Look instead at the top speed, number of guns and firing arcs. That should give you a hint. The Amagi should use its speed to close the distance where its superiour DPM and volley potential can just demolish anything. As for the armor, it is weaker than the Nagato, yes. But your turrets turn faster so angling between volleys is not so bad since you can fairly quickly get all of your guns on target again.

And it has a healthy amount of AA guns, not to mention the same rudder shift time as the North carolina (but a larger turn radius). The Amagi is the best performing tier 8 BB for good reasons, so I would suggest to change your playstyle and fully upgrade it before you fully form an oppinion on it.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,480 posts
7,954 battles

Amagi has ONLY better life points and its more agile.

But it has 4 kms less gun range and worst armor 19-254 for tier 8 US BB (19-305).Its suposed that US ship was newer than the Jap one to justify those diferences.

But still...Nagato (as pure BB) has armor 19-305 and gun range of 21 kms comparing to Amagi's 19 kms that is smaller even by tier 5 Jap BB Kongo!

There are two options actually.

Increase the Amagi's gun range by atleast 3 kms max to justify the investement in credits and time to have this tier 8 ship.

Change places with Amagi and Nagato and give Nagato the life of Amagi as tier 8 and the life of Nagato to Amagi as tier 7 plus equal gun range with Kongo.

I insist to put Kongo in the comparison because Kongo and Amagi were primarily Battlecruisers.

Amagi has longer belt armor reaching almost all the way to the stern.

It also has way better deck armor at 32+95+70(114)=197(241) versus 25+70+44=139 for the Nagato, or slightly better than 37+140+19(43)=196(220) for the North Carolina.

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

You said what?

Player Average for Ships [ at 2016/02/13 ]        
Nation Class Tier Name Win Damage Kills/Battle Survival
JP BB 7 Nagato 48.54 47.262 0.78 46.14
JP CA 7 Myoko 50.47 32.399 0.70 33.64
JP BB 8 Amagi 51.13 59.111 0.94 49.75
JP CA 8 Mogami 50.25 37.744 0.77 33.74

Yes, that is before patch data, the after patch data for EU gets published around Monday.

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

I know...I play WoT since patch 0.0.6 and know that WG developers are the most "unfriendly" and unresponsive to their clients.

HAAAAAAAHAHHAHA you have not played war thunder

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,543 battles

Why would you expcet a developer to talk to people outside of indie games? They have no time or need for that.

I guess you ve played the stock Amagi and compared her to the other ships? Dont do that. Dont judge a stock ship.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Dont feed the troll folks. This guy had a similar post a few days ago where he said Kongo was better than Amagi.

He is one of those stronk sniper BB players.

• Cool 1

Players
345 posts

The Amagi does not need more range, because it is not a sniper and should never be played at max range. You are looking at the wrong stats if you just want range. Look instead at the top speed, number of guns and firing arcs. That should give you a hint. The Amagi should use its speed to close the distance where its superiour DPM and volley potential can just demolish anything. As for the armor, it is weaker than the Nagato, yes. But your turrets turn faster so angling between volleys is not so bad since you can fairly quickly get all of your guns on target again.

And it has a healthy amount of AA guns, not to mention the same rudder shift time as the North carolina (but a larger turn radius). The Amagi is the best performing tier 8 BB for good reasons, so I would suggest to change your playstyle and fully upgrade it before you fully form an oppinion on it.

Amagi has not that much more guns than tier 8 US BB. Also the US BB of the same tier has similar speed, better armor and 4.5 Kms biger range that eliminates Amagi's advandages of higher aggility and slightly hiher speed!

What the term "sniper" means? Obviusly you player WoT too long with that mythical terms of "sniper" and others! A ship of any kind is a sniper or anything else !

If its "only a game" then what kind of 20% better gun range of  a similar ship contributes to game ballance?

Will the incomming Russian Cruisers have "laser" guns and put that in game ballancing also?(sarcasm).

And the Amagi has more guns!

Wyoming has more guns but its tier 4 while NY is tier 5.

Amagi has SAME guns as Nagato and there for its not logical same guns to have smaller range. People upgrade ships to make them better not worst!

HAAAAAAAHAHHAHA you have not played war thunder

No but i have played TW games and Warband and had contucts with their developers plus Armored Warfare developing team is always in clients disposal!!

Why would you expcet a developer to talk to people outside of indie games? They have no time or need for that.

I guess you ve played the stock Amagi and compared her to the other ships? Dont do that. Dont judge a stock ship.

No i have fully upgraded Amagi!

Yes developers MUST "talk" to their clients. why?

1st Clients always find bugs or lack of ballances that developers may missed.

2nd Clients may have some usefull ideas about the game that may help the game evolve better.

Dont feed the troll folks. This guy had a similar post a few days ago where he said Kongo was better than Amagi.

He is one of those stronk sniper BB players.

You accuse other clients as trolls but your posts are actuall trolling ones. You do not propose anything and you expect other to become as idiots like you?

Sniper?

I love Kongo because its a heavier cruiser and penetrates enemy formation fast IF the rest of the team knows how to use this move on its behalf. In fact i am always in the front line of a battle while cowards like you expect their teams to win for them!

Edited by Anthoniusii

Players
3,552 posts
7,319 battles

Yes developers MUST "talk" to their clients. why?

1st Clients always find bugs or lack of ballances that developers may missed.

2nd Clients may have some usefull ideas about the game that may help the game evolve better.

Wargaming is Belarussian company with WoT developers sitting in Minsk, WoWs developers (Lesta studio?) sitting in St. Petersburg. And *if* developers talks with community, its russian one. EU/NA are expected to be income sources only.

And looking at most "suggestions" appearing on forums/questions to devs, deaf ear to the community is actually not bad idea.

Edited by Panocek
  • Cool 1

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

No but i have played TW games and Warband and had contucts with their developers plus Armored Warfare developing team is always in clients disposal!!

TW games???

and btw armoured warfare is most DEFINATLY not war thunder, the publishers (obsidian ent.) are not retarded like gaijin, in fact they were the devs of fallout new vegas.

Beta Tester
1,339 posts
5,178 battles

I love Kongo because its a heavier cruiser and penetrates enemy formation fast IF the rest of the team knows how to use this move on its behalf. In fact i am always in the front line of a battle while cowards like you expect their teams to win for them!

Wait a second, so you play your Kongo like a close range brawler and the Amagi is basically just a better Kongo, then why the hell do you need longer range?:amazed:

Change. Your. Playstyle. The Amagi is an excellent fast BB, and as we said before get in closer. Play it like you play your Kongo, use the speed to get within 10-15 km and then use your impressive firepower. 

As for the guns on the North Carolina, they are worse actually. Sure they have longer range, but the accuracy and velocity is horrible so good luck hitting anything at that range. And the firing arcs are meh.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,480 posts
7,954 battles

TW games???

and btw armoured warfare is most DEFINATLY not war thunder, the publishers (obsidian ent.) are not retarded like gaijin, in fact they were the devs of fallout new vegas.

Correction: Obsidian is the developer, Mail.ru/My.com is the publisher.

Also the actual people over at Gaijin making War Thunder are amazing. Unfortunately they have incredibly stupid management.

Read some devlogs from the actual developers and compare them to articles/interviews by a certain Mr. Yudintsev. It's so sad. What a waste.

• Cool 1

Players
3,552 posts
7,319 battles

Also the actual people over at Gaijin making War Thunder are amazing. Unfortunately they have incredibly stupid management.

Read some devlogs from the actual developers and compare them to articles/interviews by a certain Mr. Yudintsev. It's so sad. What a waste.

Don't forget stronk battlerating "adjustments"

Idea of battleratings is actually a good one, but why Gaijin is so stuck on not extending these and compressing more and more stuff within small brackets is beyond me

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,480 posts
7,954 battles

Idea of battleratings is actually a good one, but why Gaijin is so stuck on not extending these and compressing more and more stuff within small brackets is beyond me

And the sad part is that this is basically the entire issue.

But it's such a massive problem and have seen so little fixing over such a long time that it just sours the entire game.

The arbitrary battle ratings are so infuriating and illogical that you just shake your head in disbelief.

• Cool 1

[GURKA]
Players
36 posts
5,537 battles

Amagi is the best BB out there.

You can fire all your guns while still keeping a good angle to the enemy, at the current state, Amagi beats both North Carolina and Tirpitz

[GRKEN]
Supertester
1,040 posts
3,407 battles

You know,Soviet fighters were made from stronk stalinium comrade!

A Yak 7B able to withstand 30 mm shell in a WOODEN airframe...

Apparently,nothing is broken in that game:teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Players
3,552 posts
7,319 battles

You know,Soviet fighters were made from stronk stalinium comrade!

A Yak 7B able to withstand 30 mm shell in a WOODEN airframe...

Apparently,nothing is broken in that game:teethhappy:

Or P-47 losing both wings from random 7.7mm fart.

If in doubt, working as intended
  • Cool 1

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

and thats why I said publishers (or management or whatever, I dont know companies very well) , not devs. the dev team to a great job doing what the publishers tell them. but what they tell them is absolutely absurd

[T_D_G]
Players
380 posts
8,290 battles

Amagi is fine as it is... Relying on range only will make you be a bad player. The best range to beat other players is at mid to close range so you know.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

You accuse other clients as trolls but your posts are actuall trolling ones. You do not propose anything and you expect other to become as idiots like you?

Sniper?

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/44121-is-this-a-joke/  :rolleyes:

You ask an answer from developers, but in that same thread you insult players? :child:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this