You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nechrom

Kamikaze R in the premium shop - That was fast...

80 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

So now we have the Kamikaze R in the premium shop for three days:

• Kamikaze R
  • 1 Port slot
  • 1250 doubloons
  • Price: 19.99€
Edited by Nechrom

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

Although I don't like the fact that the dreaded bundle has re-appeared, I am glad that the ship is available for anyone who didn't get a chance to earn one. This is what I've always advocated, content for everybody not the few.

• Cool 8

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

Although I don't like the fact that the dreaded bundle has re-appeared, I am glad that the ship is available for anyone who didn't get a chance to earn one. This is what I've always advocated, content for everybody not the few.

I'm on basically the same page. A light bundle is fine since the ship was available for free to active players.

It's also a way better bundle than the Fujin had. So if you didn't get that one, you might find this price a bit more reasonable. A much nicer camo is also a bonus.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

I'm on basically the same page. A light bundle is fine since the ship was available for free to active players.

It's also a way better bundle than the Fujin had. So if you didn't get that one, you might find this price a bit more reasonable. A much nicer camo is also a bonus.

A nicer camo? I see the same camo as on the award ship.

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,450 battles

A nicer camo?

I guess he compared it to the Fujin.
  • Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

A nicer camo? I see the same camo as on the award ship.

I guess he compared it to the Fujin.

Yes.

• Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

So basically someone who didn't even bother to sign in for Project R can get the reward ship, but getting a Tirpitz or a Warspite is close to impossible...

Pure WarGaming.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,976 battles

So basically someone who didn't even bother to sign in for Project R can get the reward ship, but getting a Tirpitz or a Warspite is close to impossible...

Pure WarGaming.

For three days if they pay 20€.

Both Tirpitz and Warspite were for sale longer.

[IDEAL]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
669 posts
2,513 battles

I don't really care. I played to get it and it was pretty easy to get the pearls out. And i got it for free.

if others are willing to spend money on a copy of the minekaze, be my guest

• Cool 1

[5D]
Beta Tester
69 posts

I cannot help but feel that WG have shot themselves in the foot here.The point of Project R was to get the majority of the commuinity invested in doing missions to gain pearls ,150 pearls to be in the draw for the Kamikaze or 260 pearls to get the ship outright.I got my 260 pearls so I was happy to get the ship,it felt like I had achieved something.But by putting the Kamikaze in the premium shop WG have kind of said  `hey guys remember that  cool ship you got for collecting all those pearls over the last few  weeks,well you did'nt need to bother because now you can buy it for real money`.

I just feel that WG if they bring out more events like Project R ,the response could well be `why bother,sure I can always buy it later on anyways`.I really do hope I'm wrong & this does not mar future events.

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

I don't really care. I played to get it and it was pretty easy to get the pearls out. And i got it for free.

if others are willing to spend money on a copy of the minekaze, be my guest

I cannot help but feel that WG have shot themselves in the foot here.The point of Project R was to get the majority of the commuinity invested in doing missions to gain pearls ,150 pearls to be in the draw for the Kamikaze or 260 pearls to get the ship outright.I got my 260 pearls so I was happy to get the ship,it felt like I had achieved something.But by putting the Kamikaze in the premium shop WG have kind of said  `hey guys remember that  cool ship you got for collecting all those pearls over the last few  weeks,well you did'nt need to bother because now you can buy it for real money`.

I just feel that WG if they bring out more events like Project R ,the response could well be `why bother,sure I can always buy it later on anyways`.I really do hope I'm wrong & this does not mar future events.

If the ship was in any reasonable sense exclusive, then I would rant about it being on sale. But what is exclusive about what basically is a Minikaze re-skin. I was a bit envious of the RU server for them getting the Marblehead. Also pretty much a re-skin, but one I did not have in my collection.

Beta Tester
216 posts
2,871 battles

Well put

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts

Pure WarGaming.

On one hand you have a go at WG for making the ship available to players who 'didn't bother signing up for Project R'  and a few days ago you are having a go at WG for making Alpha and Beta testers elitist by giving them a slight flag advantage because they signed up to help the game......Make your bloody mind up. :sceptic:
  • Cool 1

Players
349 posts
2,909 battles

On one hand you have a go at WG for making the ship available to players who 'didn't bother signing up for Project R'  and a few days ago you are having a go at WG for making Alpha and Beta testers elitist by giving them a slight flag advantage because they signed up to help the game......Make your bloody mind up. :sceptic:

Don't. I love reading this stuff. :popcorn:

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
6,477 battles

Just the Alpha testers!

Beta Tester
847 posts

Just the Alpha testers!

And only Xp. He should have started his rage at the supertesters with the amazing and totally "OP" 5% credit bonus. 

Beta Tester
216 posts
2,871 battles

Pure WarGaming.

I got 154 pearls by just playing a few games a week but wasn't lucky with the giveaway. it wasn't a monster grind so why are you against people buying an in game item? 

Fyi if I could give you my warspite I would. It's way behind other t6 BB. 

Alpha Tester
65 posts
4,905 battles

Pure WarGaming.

Take note that there are people who started Project R too late and they didn't even have change to get guaranteed ship. That event was designed so that you had to be very active almost instantly in first weeks of campaign. So, if you didn't notice that event just in time (like you was in holiday or in work trip etc...) your only change get ship was hope to win in lottery. I think that this is nice way to keep community little bit happier in this game.

I got mine as reward but I know that there was a lot people who wanted ship but didn't have change get it just because of design of event. Remember, that event didn't measure how much you played the game (as you didn't have change cover lost weeks with playing more than normally you would play at the weekends).

Edited by Plautuskake

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,408 posts
14,616 battles

My mind is fine, thanks. These issues have nothing in common. But good try.

And only Xp. He should have started his rage at the supertesters with the amazing and totally "OP" 5% credit bonus. 

At that time I didn't know that Supertesters had that extra advantage. My position is the same as for Alphas. Thank you for stating the obvious.

I got 154 pearls by just playing a few games a week but wasn't lucky with the giveaway. it wasn't a monster grind so why are you against people buying an in game item? 

Fyi if I could give you my warspite I would. It's way behind other t6 BB. 

I have nothing against someone who signed up but for whatever reasons couldn't get the number of pearls. It would have been nice of WG to make a discount depending on the number of pearls, but they should have let only people who actively participated in the Project have a chance to buy.

I have no interest in Warspite. I see what my Fuso and New Mexico can do to it with each salvo. It was just an example of the stupid politics of that company.

Beta Tester
139 posts
3,403 battles

I would have preferred seeing the Tirpitz make a return to the shop. (Still waiting to buy 1, last time I didn't feel like I had enough experience at t7-t8. And I didn't have the money anyway).

The Kamikaze R should have gone on sale a bit later. (End of march)

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,324 posts
9,088 battles

I  got my Kam R free, and don't mind at all that WG have put it up for sale. It's not overly expensive either and is a fun dd to play.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

Well lets state the obvious first. You and I have saved £20, that's nice isn't it?

Now lets look at Project R. If you were away on business, working, taking exams, dating some really hot person, off grid spoon whittling, having a baby or just put off by Ectars beard you might not have been able to play every week and get those pearls, I think it's nice for those people that, if they really, really wanted this ship, they can still have it.

The poor old collector is an oft overlooked but important part of this community and if there is one thing that gets up our nose it's exclusive ships that can't be had, the Marblehead is a constant thorn in my side.

I have never, ever understood and will never understand why a company makes a product and then flatly refuses to sell it to anyone, it's dumb, it's annoying and this seems like a rare ray of sanity for once and I welcome it.

(You know I really love that beard right Ectar?)

• Cool 3

[5D]
Beta Tester
69 posts

Well lets state the obvious first. You and I have saved £20, that's nice isn't it?

Now lets look at Project R. If you were away on business, working, taking exams, dating some really hot person, off grid spoon whittling, having a baby or just put off by Ectars beard you might not have been able to play every week and get those pearls, I think it's nice for those people that, if they really, really wanted this ship, they can still have it.

The poor old collector is an oft overlooked but important part of this community and if there is one thing that gets up our nose it's exclusive ships that can't be had, the Marblehead is a constant thorn in my side.

I have never, ever understood and will never understand why a company makes a product and then flatly refuses to sell it to anyone, it's dumb, it's annoying and this seems like a rare ray of sanity for once and I welcome it.

(You know I really love that beard right Ectar?)

I hear what you say Aldramelech & to a large degree agree with the point that people should be allowed to buy the Kamikaze but WG should have let a larger period of time pass ( maybe 2 months rather than a week after the end of the project ) before bringing the ship to the premium shop to give people who did do the missions & got the pearls just a sense of exclusivity for a while.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Pure WarGaming.

No. You just buy them when the opportunity arises...