Injector_X

New Soviet Cruisers models video

14 comments in this topic

[-DAC-]
Beta Tester
35 posts
2,005 battles

I found this Russian video showing tier the new tier 2-10 Russian Cruisers graphical models, plus it shows a t5 Soviet Cruiser at the end called "Profintern."

YOU CAN MUTE SOUND BEFORE WATCHING!

Tier 1 Орлан - Orlan

Tier 2 Новик - Novik
Tier 3 Богатырь - Bogatir
Tier 4 Светлана - Svetlana
Tier 5 Киров - Kirov
Tier 6 Будёный - Budyoniy
Tier 7 Щорс - Shiors
Tier 8 Чапаев - Chapaev 
Tier 9 Дмиртрий Донской - Dmitriy Donskoy
Tier 10 Mоска - Moskva

The first tier 2-4 cruisers will have 130mm guns, but they will be much worse than what are on Soviet DD's in damage and velocity. The tier 5 Kirov will have 180mm guns but with "older" shells and will fire only 3 rounds per minute. Tier 6-8 ships will have 152mm guns and the tier 9 will have 180mm guns. Basically Soviet cruisers will low caliber guns (until tier 10) with paper armor but will have high range, plus high rate of fire. Except for tier 10 which will have 220mm guns that will have 2nd best High Explosive DPM after Des Moines, but 20% worse AP DPM than Des Moines and 17% worse AP DPM than Hindenburg. Soviet cruisers will have (at least from tier 8) a "radar" consumable, which instead of detecting torpedoes will detect ships in increased area for 30 seconds, including those inside smoke (this will make it harder for DD's to play out of invisibility). NOTICE these things can be subject to change!

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
3 posts
3,380 battles

Thanks for the preview. Do you know of when are they coming into the game? (I mean not just "event" advertising)

• Cool 1

[-DAC-]
Beta Tester
35 posts
2,005 battles

Thanks for the preview. Do you know of when are they coming into the game? (I mean not just "event" advertising)

NP! :honoring: I think they will be on public test next month already, though i hoped that WG would had been able to release German battleship line at same time and the move on to Royal Navy. Unless they plan to release Russian BB & German DD lines first before the RN, but in other hand after that the RN tech tree would have their undivided attention.
  • Cool 1

[I401]
Beta Tester
1,002 posts
8,019 battles

Soviet DDs will have radar? Im pretty sure i saw pictures from reddit that showed tier9-tier10 cruisers with radar consumable.

[-DAC-]
Beta Tester
35 posts
2,005 battles

Soviet DDs will have radar? Im pretty sure i saw pictures from reddit that showed tier9-tier10 cruisers with radar consumable.

Not DD's (it was a typo), but cruisers will have a "radar" consumable, which will probably balance out gameplay against top tier destroyers (in my opinion). In that video radar was starting from tier 8, but remember that everything can be subject to change. Also the radar effectiveness will rise slightly with ship tier at the moment.
Edited by Injector_X

Beta Tester
990 posts
3,372 battles

CA will have radar. And apparently the other countries get it too. 

[-DAC-]
Beta Tester
35 posts
2,005 battles

CA will have radar. And apparently the other countries get it too. 

Yes it was a typo, i meant not DD's, but cruisers like you said. Not sure though if all nations cruisers will have the radar. In my opinion USN & VMF will most likely have them (VMF = Russian / Soviet navy).

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,910 battles

Yes it was a typo, i meant not DD's, but cruisers like you said. Not sure though if all nations cruisers will have the radar. In my opinion USN & VMF will most likely have them (VMF = Russian / Soviet navy).

yep US and Soviet cruisers get them 

the Sonar got buffed for the other countries tho

[-DAC-]
Beta Tester
35 posts
2,005 battles

yep US and Soviet cruisers get them 

the Sonar got buffed for the other countries tho

Well German cruisers have already better sonar than anyone else, but it i think it would be great if they would get a slight buff and IJN cruisers sonar would be buffed so it would be just slightly worse than the German one.

Beta Tester
3 posts
3,380 battles

Radar consumable or buffed sonar will great, as at the current moment some high tier games consist up to 60% of DDs. You cannot rely that some CV would actually spot DD for you. It is hard even on cruiser to outmaneuver a full salvo from Shimakaze or even Kagero from distance of 6 km. 

Even though it might be interesting alternative to have it also on Soviet and (may be) US DDs - to outline DD hunting qualities. 

Edited by Alku

Beta Tester
3 posts
3,380 battles

NP! :honoring: I think they will be on public test next month already, though i hoped that WG would had been able to release German battleship line at same time and the move on to Royal Navy. Unless they plan to release Russian BB & German DD lines first before the RN, but in other hand after that the RN tech tree would have their undivided attention.

Agree - that by logic should be GB or DE coming first as having more complete historic line of WWII ships in comparison with Russian/Soviet paper and/or development of 60s. Assume they hurry up to boost the game marketing in Post soviet countries.

Edited by Alku

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,910 battles

Well German cruisers have already better sonar than anyone else, but it i think it would be great if they would get a slight buff and IJN cruisers sonar would be buffed so it would be just slightly worse than the German one.

the Sonar range increases with the tiers

hindenburg has 6km sonar 

Zao has 5km