Sign in to follow this  
Purps99

Teamkilling reporting?

15 comments in this topic

Players
34 posts
2,951 battles

I saw on my team a pink name and though o great someone who must have accidentally shot a friendly ship last game I best stay away from him.  Upon the game starting (they were a dd) they went after our own carrier and then proceeded to go after our cruisers.

After the match I looked on their profile to see that they have NEGATIVE 56 ship kills after 701 fights so thought ok this person is a persistent team killer.  I went to put in a ticket to ask what can be done about this and to my shock I was met with a barrage of information explaining that they already have a built in system to ban people who persistently team kill.  I reworded my ticket so I could ask a generalised question and again was met with the following message;

All unsportsmanlike behaviours are to be reported through the in-game reporting feature.

I understand that the CS team will not take measures against unsportsmanlike situations.

So my question is what in-game reporting feature (is that the Karma system which can be abused for even being uber you get negative karma)?

Any how many games must you be a team killer to get a ban (i.e. is the built in system working as intended)?

Edited by Purps99

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

There is obviously no working penalty system.

With WG being more interested in protecting quilties and double punishing normal players who get killed by that spineless scum.

If you have replay you could send it to some of the more known Youtubers.

Maybe that will get those team killers banned.

[CUK]
Players
82 posts
5,450 battles

Thank you for both those posts. I think I was also in that game yesterday, as a noob, it was 1st time I'd seen a pink label against a players name. Agree that I saw this player immediately start shooting at our own side. Result was chaos in our teams startup ( from which we never recovered) AND the requirement from one of our own team (now himself heavily damaged) to sink this selfish idiot. Yet surely that now reflects badly (stats) on the team member that needed to "put the rabid dog" down. 

My question to this topic: if there is NO penalty for deliberately shooting/killing own team mates, then should ALL team members immediately shoot PINK ships at game start? (Other posts suggest that this course of action should NEVER be considered).

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Thank you for both those posts. I think I was also in that game yesterday, as a noob, it was 1st time I'd seen a pink label against a players name. Agree that I saw this player immediately start shooting at our own side. Result was chaos in our teams startup ( from which we never recovered) AND the requirement from one of our own team (now himself heavily damaged) to sink this selfish idiot. Yet surely that now reflects badly (stats) on the team member that needed to "put the rabid dog" down. 

My question to this topic: if there is NO penalty for deliberately shooting/killing own team mates, then should ALL team members immediately shoot PINK ships at game start? (Other posts suggest that this course of action should NEVER be considered).

Only if you like breaking EULA and opening yourself up for sanctions. Remember, you will turn pink if you do enough team damage, doesn't matter if the one you're shooting is already pink himself.
  • Cool 1

Players
1,015 posts
4,182 battles

Been team killed myself a while ago. Recorded a video of the incident (many people on my own and enemy team reported him that day), and he was already pink when it happened. Sent it to WG and got the same reply.

Few weeks have passed, and met the same guy again on my team, again pink. He remembered me and immediately proceeded to TK me again. Fortunately few team mates sunk him before he could again sink me since they saw what he was up to (and I was in CV so losing a CV at the start of the match equals lost game).

This is an account with over 1000 battles - deliberate team killer. Whatever kind of system WG has in place is inadequate and left wanting. Period.

• Cool 2

Players
34 posts
2,951 battles

OK, I got a reply from customer services (see below).  Basically it says that they penalise TK's in-game and reward (I expect in xp/credits) those that were killed by the TK.  This however does not reward the team that lost as a result and lowers my win rate and my credits for winning etc.  They also stated that persistent TK's have more severe penalties imposed on them so they don't do it again.  (All I can say to this is I don't think it's working well if someone has negative ship kills after 700+ games and are still in game killing teams.)

Because it can be the difference between a win and a defeat Team-killers are now handled by an automatic system that takes into account all attacks to allied ships. This tool takes action against team-killers, and compensates those players whose ship has been completely destroyed by an ally.

Rest assured that the system always takes the appropriate measures against the team-killer, so that they don't do it again. Also, this tool takes into account if somebody is a team-killer all the time, and the measures taken will become more and more severe.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
12 posts
2,652 battles

That's ridiculous to say compensation is made

I just got sunk by an ally

3 salvoes into my back and a full torp spread.

All enemies within 2 squares were long dead, nearest surviving enemy was 11 km away in the opposite direction

It cost 14+k to repair my sunk ship

I was awarded 1700 and change compensation.

I wish there was a button marked "Shove your compensation"

If they team kill then have them earn nothing, nothing at all from the battle, pay the lot to the victim and have the repairs made from the scum's account.

If they do turn pink and what they need to achieve that seems way off the chart, then have them earn nothing until they make it back to normal.

Or just ban them..  greed for their business  should never have become an excuse.

This is the reason I don't buy premium anymore and the gold I bought back in beta still sits unspent on my account.

High hopes for this game in beta, played it to death, now fire it up once in a while and spend nothing on it.

Up to you Gaijin

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

In last Q&A they ( WG ) already indicated that they are not content with the current system and are looking into making it more strict ( including faster ramp up for team damage leading to full reflected damage, and compensation which reflects actual repair costs ). Maybe even restrict access to TB-RB-PVP ( in that order, before restoring full access ). 

Players
1,438 posts

Strictly speaking how can you shame someone who deliberately tries to ruin the players games as well as the game in general? It isn't a mistake, it's deliberate.

Never understood why it's tolerated by WG or why people on the forum get sanctioned for pointing out someone who does nothing but bring negativity to the game. It's one of the few things on this site that brings people together with a common purpose regarding banning these people. :honoring:

• Cool 2

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Strictly speaking how can you shame someone who deliberately tries to ruin the players games as well as the game in general? It isn't a mistake, it's deliberate.

Just had a Tier 2-3-4 fail division in team and its Tenryo player has -17 "other" kills.

That's definitely no accidents but total disregard for team.

And his saldo from match was -2!

Players
1,438 posts

Just had a Tier 2-3-4 fail division in team and its Tenryo player has -17 "other" kills.

That's definitely no accidents but total disregard for team.

And his saldo from match was -2!

So how many games had he played? If only a few I believe most would just class him as a bad player but still learning, give him a bit of advice (or advice :izmena:) but not look to overly embarrass him. How did he act in the game, did he openly attack the team or just make bad choices?

The experience I had was a mistake at first, or so I thought.  Then he did a 180 to follow me back and try to torp me again. I was halfway through asking him to be careful when he launched again. Thankfully a team mate also witnessed it and opened fire on him. I joined in.

That is the point, I think more people on the forum would err on the side of caution before highlighting someone as a TK. Those who are labelled as TK are done so because they usually make no effort to hide the fact. :honoring:

[GRKEN]
Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

So how many games had he played? If only a few I believe most would just class him as a bad player but still learning, give him a bit of advice (or advice :izmena:) but not look to overly embarrass him. How did he act in the game, did he openly attack the team or just make bad choices?

When player has 39 : 0 : 0 : -17 as kills that's sign of only enough caning or percussive maintenance teaching where to fire weapons.

Besides teamkill punishing being MIA.

Players
356 posts

In last Q&A they ( WG ) already indicated that they are not content with the current system and are looking into making it more strict ( including faster ramp up for team damage leading to full reflected damage, and compensation which reflects actual repair costs ). Maybe even restrict access to TB-RB-PVP ( in that order, before restoring full access ).

So after 56 team kills isn't enough for a player to have a permanent ban under the current system by WG.

That is shocking and shows that the WG report system don't work or just don't care..

How the system should be for team killers or maybe even team mates that open fire at you , is that anything they get in XP and credits should go to the commander that got taken out of the battle.

That would stop this from happening.

Sign in to follow this