Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
P0CAH0NTAS

Yamato, Stealth Zao seriously?

33 comments in this topic

[UNOVI]
[UNOVI]
Players
44 posts
8,399 battles

We could probably say OP for following ships..

1. stealth Zao

2. Yamato

is there, seriously is there any ship that can be treated as OP ship from USN?

No I don't think so?

What I want to talk here is that we do not want any OP ship for US, German and Soviet Navy ship tech tree, but we need the balance.

so, let's discuss about those ridiculous OP ships.

1. stealth Zao

- as we hardly see CV that can spot enemy ships around the field once Zao is invisible, nothing can stand against it.

-Its armor is thick as BB(so funny hey? lol), it even protects itself from 16inch shells with just a little bit of angle..

-Hindenburg and Des Moines, according to the stats Zao definitely has the highest AVG dmg and win rate(At least one has to be at the top but you will know what I am saying here as you see how big the gap is between Zao and other T10 cruisers.)

-It has lowest HP, but who the Fuxk cares seriously? It can even grind every battleships and cruisers alone with unbelievably high fire chance, range and shell travel speed...

-Can, anyone say cons about Zao reasonably? Everyone who says Zao is not OP usually gives us funny [edited] :)

2. Yamato

-What is the cons about Yamato? Slow turret turning speed? well I think that is it?

-AS there are only two T10 battleship lets compare with Montana

-compare what? If those two ships fight 1 vs 1 Montana will lose above 90% of chance <- and stupid MM makes this sad reality even worse lol

-Some people say that Montana is stronger against other classes like DD and Cruisers <- this might be the worst [edited]ever.

let me explain why

Because Yamato has uncomparably strong Bulge armor that reduces torp damage and way better secondaries<- strong against DD's and CV torp bombers

Yamato's 18inch guns can penetrate literally anything even though the target is properly angled <- OP against all battleships

it has low concealment but has overpowered accuracy and range when Montana only has 23.6KM of range with ugly dispersion.

At max range and any range above 15KM, Montana's 16inch shells cannot give satisfactful damage to Yamato but Yamato can give enormously high damage to Montana at its max range.

-Someone said,  we have to play Montana like cruisers -> how can I play this ship like cruisers? Yamato can turn faster lol

-Montana should use HE for fighting with Yamato? Even though it sets fire on Yamato a lot, still Yamato is superior to Montana...

-Montana's armor is underpowered, WG even nerfed it by ignoring historical fact -> please check the details of armor structure of real Montana and in-game Montana.

-Yamato was born to be the beast and I know that.. however WG loves not giving a crapabout historical fact.

My opinion is not only mine, I am very confident to say most of players could agree with me.

for fair and fun game there has to be an adjustment with these ships.

I always respect all other opinion, however if it's not reasonable or way far from the real fact I may think it as [edited]and I have seen a lot in the forum.

Please do not waste reader's time.

[DSW]
Players
3,794 posts
7,737 battles

Zao I don't find as bad, sure she's more flexible than the other two due to a combination of range, good shells and arc, concealment and best torps - but the others will rip a Zao apart/massively outperform her when they get into their right situations. I'm also really curious how Moskva will compare to the three, as Cruisers right now are imho the best balanced among the T10 classes. Also, your blurb about Zao bouncing BB shells is just plain wrong, at least as something to set her apart from other cruisers.

Yamato I have to agree tho - the heal nerf did help a bit, but she's still quite a bit better than Monty. Getting the CV population back up might help with that slightly though (if WG ever manages to do that...), since Montana has massively superior AA these days.

[OMNI]
Players
341 posts
7,605 battles

Zao may be every so slightly stronger than other cruisers, but I can't see any way to nerf it without either stealing its identity (a fast, agile and stealthy cruiser) or just making it useless. Only thing that can be done is reducing fire change to 17% like every other IJN cruiser, but that won't change the play style or its impact at all. It's just going to start slightly fewer fires and that's it.

[OMNI]
Players
775 posts
11,597 battles

On the Zao i can see where you are coming from. But good map use will allow you to get to where you want without giving easy opportunity to the Zao to stealth fire you with impunity. Also the Des Moines can stealth spec too.

Regarding the Yamato i don't agree with. Max range arguments are pointless nothing fights further than 20km. Torpedo bulge arguments also flawed... have you seen the damages the torpedoes at those tiers do? Montana might be considered UP but the Yamato is definately not OP.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
891 posts
10,666 battles

As someone who plays Yamato, Zao and Shimakaze, I find it to be the other way around

Gearing is obliterating any Shimakaze she sees and that stealth firing is an absolute nuisance you can't get rid of, due to the Gearings speed (unless you have another Gearing or Shimakaze who can go hunt that Gearing).

The Des Moines rate of fire is insane - it may has one turret less than the zao, but due to the ROF it just keeps of burning the Zao until it's HPs reach zero, so the only way for the Zao to win is getting to torpedo range (which are only 8km compared to any other Japanese CA)

And the Montanas insane amount of 41cm guns! the Yamato may has 46cm guns but can't fire as many shells as the Montana - combine the shells per minute with a "I fire HE shells if necessary" type of player, and the Yamato is burning to the ground.

TL;DR [sarcasm]American Ships are OP![/sarcasm]

[serious]each ship has it's own advantages, but since OP has no Japanese ships, he can only focus on the points where he feels like he's at a disadvantage, but doesn't understand how often he's at an advantage[/serious]

• Cool 1

Players
383 posts
13,118 battles

Yamato>Montana

Zao>Des Moines

Shimakaze>Gearing

Half Life 3 confirmed?

WG start to nerf/balance a little Zao and Yamato but this will be last for long time

Shima have 15% more avrg. dmg than Gearing because of stealth and good torps

With top notch commander Shima can be really powerfull (torps reload, torps speed,aditional HP,stealth,faster gun reload,last stand)

Its extremely rare case to face in with this one skilled commander

In 1vs1 close/mid range Gearing will eat Shima for breakfast

WG allways want to have some OP ships to be a players wet dreams/magnet for grinding - same like in WOT nothing new

Main problem is time-to-time complete nerfs ships/classes to the ground (1 big nerf for some ship is OK but wtf they need 2/3+ big nerfs???)

Edited by _interceptor_80

[LEWD]
Players
301 posts

We could probably say OP for following ships..

1. stealth Zao

2. Yamato

is there, seriously is there any ship that can be treated as OP ship from USN?

No I don't think so?

What I want to talk here is that we do not want any OP ship for US, German and Soviet Navy ship tech tree, but we need the balance.

so, let's discuss about those ridiculous OP ships.

1. stealth Zao

- as we hardly see CV that can spot enemy ships around the field once Zao is invisible, nothing can stand against it.

-Its armor is thick as BB(so funny hey? lol), it even protects itself from 16inch shells with just a little bit of angle..

-Hindenburg and Des Moines, according to the stats Zao definitely has the highest AVG dmg and win rate(At least one has to be at the top but you will know what I am saying here as you see how big the gap is between Zao and other T10 cruisers.)

-It has lowest HP, but who the Fuxk cares seriously? It can even grind every battleships and cruisers alone with unbelievably high fire chance, range and shell travel speed...

-Can, anyone say cons about Zao reasonably? Everyone who says Zao is not OP usually gives us funny [edited] :)

2. Yamato

-What is the cons about Yamato? Slow turret turning speed? well I think that is it?

-AS there are only two T10 battleship lets compare with Montana

-compare what? If those two ships fight 1 vs 1 Montana will lose above 90% of chance <- and stupid MM makes this sad reality even worse lol

-Some people say that Montana is stronger against other classes like DD and Cruisers <- this might be the worst [edited]ever.

let me explain why

Because Yamato has uncomparably strong Bulge armor that reduces torp damage and way better secondaries<- strong against DD's and CV torp bombers

Yamato's 18inch guns can penetrate literally anything even though the target is properly angled <- OP against all battleships

it has low concealment but has overpowered accuracy and range when Montana only has 23.6KM of range with ugly dispersion.

At max range and any range above 15KM, Montana's 16inch shells cannot give satisfactful damage to Yamato but Yamato can give enormously high damage to Montana at its max range.

-Someone said,  we have to play Montana like cruisers -> how can I play this ship like cruisers? Yamato can turn faster lol

-Montana should use HE for fighting with Yamato? Even though it sets fire on Yamato a lot, still Yamato is superior to Montana...

-Montana's armor is underpowered, WG even nerfed it by ignoring historical fact -> please check the details of armor structure of real Montana and in-game Montana.

-Yamato was born to be the beast and I know that.. however WG loves not giving a crapabout historical fact.

My opinion is not only mine, I am very confident to say most of players could agree with me.

for fair and fun game there has to be an adjustment with these ships.

I always respect all other opinion, however if it's not reasonable or way far from the real fact I may think it as [edited]and I have seen a lot in the forum.

Please do not waste reader's time.

Your concern is what i see your stats you are grinding only one line up to Tier X that is USN BB, and you don't want your effort to go vain. It's understandable. But my suggest to you, stop at Iowa and start to grind IJN line if you want to play BB line. I got my Yamato but i also want to grind to Montana also whatever it's weak or not. I bet it's not be bad when you get concealment expert. If you wondering which line rulez the seas these days, i say CA and DDs not BBs.

[-DKBG]
Beta Tester
214 posts

So first it was yamato

Then midway

Then shimakaze

And then zao...

Seems the list is keeping bigger and bigger. 

Who is next Russian Cruiser? 

Players
3,586 posts
7,346 battles

As someone who plays Yamato, Zao and Shimakaze, I find it to be the other way around

Gearing is obliterating any Shimakaze she sees and that stealth firing is an absolute nuisance you can't get rid of, due to the Gearings speed (unless you have another Gearing or Shimakaze who can go hunt that Gearing).

The Des Moines rate of fire is insane - it may has one turret less than the zao, but due to the ROF it just keeps of burning the Zao until it's HPs reach zero, so the only way for the Zao to win is getting to torpedo range (which are only 8km compared to any other Japanese CA)

And the Montanas insane amount of 41cm guns! the Yamato may has 46cm guns but can't fire as many shells as the Montana - combine the shells per minute with a "I fire HE shells if necessary" type of player, and the Yamato is burning to the ground.

TL;DR [sarcasm]American Ships are OP![/sarcasm]

[serious]each ship has it's own advantages, but since OP has no Japanese ships, he can only focus on the points where he feels like he's at a disadvantage, but doesn't understand how often he's at an advantage[/serious]

Gearing and Derp Moines may have ermagad rate of fire, but hitting things with these guns from "invisible firing" distance is at least tricky with ballistics full of Freedom. Shima can win gun fights against Gearing, just aim for his glass turrets, one-two salvos and so much for gunboat without guns.  Against DM just keep your distance and DM becomes mostly harmless if you have enough skill to press A and D here and there.

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

From personal experience it is hard to stealth fire with Zao because there is almost always a DD spotting you. As for the BB-like armor (as you say), let me tell you, almost every damn BB shell that touches it is a citadel hit, so no, it does not have a BB-like armor.

As for the Yamato vs Montana, it has been deeply discussed quite a few times already...

Players
116 posts
5,330 battles

From personal experience it is hard to stealth fire with Zao because there is almost always a DD spotting you.

This. Zao's detection range is around 16km while firing. As a bb you can just stay few km behind other ships (dds, cruisers) and Zao won't be able to stealth fire you to death.

[HOME]
Players
755 posts
7,591 battles

Zao may be every so slightly stronger than other cruisers, but I can't see any way to nerf it without either stealing its identity (a fast, agile and stealthy cruiser) or just making it useless. Only thing that can be done is reducing fire change to 17% like every other IJN cruiser, but that won't change the play style or its impact at all. It's just going to start slightly fewer fires and that's it.

We should be talking about how to nerf Zao but about how to buff the other cruisers to be as good it the Zao....DM could use better shell arc because right now theyre are rather easy to dodge even for BBs so its theoretical DPM advantage is negated unless it gets very close..

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,068 battles

four words to you.

GET... OFF.... THE.... FORUM....

4 words for you as well:

STOP WITH CRYING ALREADY!

Seriously people - learn to play and stop crying for nerfs. It's not our fault that you are terrible at this game. You want everything to adapt to your play style. Well, tough luck. If you have problems with Zao or Yamato, then play with some tier 7 ship and you won't see them. It will be good for you to spend some time there, until you l2p. Even if WG caves in and nerf those ships, you will STILL be terrible at this game and you will still cry for some other nerfs. From my perspective, you are just in a state of mind that is common to spoiled kids. 

Other T10 cruisers are excellent, each has it's own play style. I suggest that you go to youtube and watch how Flamu plays.

• Cool 4

[T_D_G]
Players
380 posts
8,336 battles

Stop this threads, they're useless and the only thing you'll get by this is more unnecesary nerfs... You first should try play in first hand all the ships you say are OP then post again ;)

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Players
755 posts
7,591 battles

Other T10 cruisers are excellent, each has it's own play style. I suggest that you go to youtube and watch how Flamu plays.

And even Flamu has considerably better average damage in Zao and Yamato than in their direct competitors :P Zao sure doesnt need a nerf but the other T10 cruisers need a buff....as for Yamato....sure lets citadel other BBs right through their bows while they cant touch you

Beta Tester
868 posts
5,068 battles

Yamatos are not scary at all to me. I have managed to kill them with North Carolina without much problems. That is a ship 2 tiers below. They have terrible concealment, they are instantly focused, if you can't pen them, set them on fire and watch their huge health pool melt. You may even get an arsonist flag. 

All IJN cruisers are stealthy. If Zao is problem to you, then you haven't been paying attention to every other IJN cruiser up until tier 10. 

So yes, OP is crying because he don't know how to play WOWS.

• Cool 1

[AONO]
Players
29 posts
6,052 battles

Try playing a Des Moines on Ocean, then do the same in a Zao or Hindenburg ;) Des Moines is very situational, so is the Hindenburg. In the Zao you can shine on every map, in every situation if you know what you are doing.

Zao is just straight up better then the other tier Xs. But don't nerf the Zao, give the others some love.

Sign in to follow this