Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iTchyfoot

Is the Manual AA skill/perk worth it?

9 members have voted

1. 1. AFT, or Manual AA?

• AFT
    • Manual AA

9 comments in this topic

[BOATY]
Players
195 posts
3,965 battles

howdy, folks,

found some topics regarding this, but none of them has given me a clear answer - is the Manual AA skill/perk worth 4 skill points?

this is my current skill setup on my

-

NS%20skill%20setup_zpsasviw9lk.jpg

and modules -

NC%20modules_zpsarc0j4rv.jpg

now, since i'm keeping it (NC) i'd like to know how to best improve my AA. got the AA module upgrade (20% increase of AA range), and even without any captain skill (apart from BFT) it is pretty good in shooting down enemy planes. but there's nothing that couldn't be improved, right? so, should i put my 4 skill points (that i don't have yet) in AFT, or Manual AA? both options have pros and cons, and i'm pretty undecided which way to go. any info will be much appreciated, especially from players, who have some experience with the Manual AA skill..

thanx a lot..

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
385 posts

NC has a lot of dual purpose guns, so the manual AA would definitely be a noticeable damage buff.

But then again, AFT gives a nice buff to your secondary range as well, and if you get the 5 point manual secondary skill in the future, AFT would be a better thing to pair it with.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,589 battles

Its worth if you go full aa and have dual 127mm guns so mainly clevland Baltimore Des Moins and Atlanta you miss out on T5 skills i personaly find if you dont go in a division with a CV  its most usefull on Cleavland since CV become rare beond T6 for BBs i dont think so there are much betetr skills

[BOATY]
Players
195 posts
3,965 battles

...if you get the 5 point manual secondary skill in the future, AFT would be a better thing to pair it with.

nope, i won't get any 5 point skills. not enough points. AFIK we have 19 points to distribute, and since i'm planning on getting the Superintendent (3 point skill) afterwards i won't be able to get a 5 point skill. none of them are that much important, IMO, several lower skills are more useful than one 5 point skill. IMHO..

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

I like the MJ hint, a like for that one.

AA Fortress would need both, would have to do the math on the NC which one first. (Let's see the answers and do the math tomorrow ;) )

edit: plan with 18 points, 19 is more or less impossible, and Superintendent is more important than vigilance in my book, or better : switch out the repair one.

Edited by LilJumpa

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,161 posts
11,589 battles

AA Fortress would need both, would have to do te math on the NC which one first. (Let's see the answers and do the math tomorrow ;) )

AFT 40mm with increased range rock much more than 127m doing dobble damage if you have something fokused

[BOATY]
Players
195 posts
3,965 battles

AA Fortress would need both, would have to do the math on the NC which one first. (Let's see the answers and do the math tomorrow ;) )

edit: plan with 18 points, 19 is more or less impossible, and Superintendent is more important than vigilance in my book.

well, he's the GOAT, man :B

and i don't think that NC really needs to improve the AA that much. even without any skill (apart from the BFT), only with the AA module installed, it can do well against hordes of enemy planes. i guess the Superintendent is really useful (and much needed) skill, so i can choose only one 4 point skill..

[-TWA-]
Beta Tester
134 posts
12,559 battles

I skilled it on my NC and I kind of regret it now after about a dozen matches.

See here and a response 2 posts below in that thread. Even with a 100 AA rating and manual AA skill you will only kill about 4 planes (from a tier 8 CV) before they drop their torps and bombs in a full air attack.

Furthermore, in matches without CVs you have completely wasted 4 skill points by taking the manual AA skill, whereas there will always be torpedoes, so I recommend taking Vigilance etc. instead.

Sign in to follow this