Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ivoshi_san

Serious bug report

18 comments in this topic

[MAC]
Players
2 posts
8,031 battles

Something happened to my Tirpitz that instantly became the only topic of the battle channel:

A Błyskawica hit me with HE shells from about 11km distance in the beginning of this battle. I still had more than 90% of my hp at that moment.

Then, out of nothing, my magazine exploded! No torps around. No aircraft around. No active fire on my ship.

At first I thought, that this enemy Tirpitz had had a lucky hit from about 16km away. But the enemy player of the

Błyskawica reminded me, that it was him, who had sunk me. I was even more stunned, to say at least!

So, with a single HE shot from about 11km away in about a 45° angle or less a dd can one-hit-sink a battleship now?!

Do I have to expect this on a regular basis? I mean, not that things like citadel hits close to my ship's rudder haven't happened yet ridiculously often enough! -_-

But THIS is a totally new level of programming fail!

shot-16.02.26_19.08.25-0174.jpg

shot-16.02.26_19.08.33-0680.jpg

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Something happened to my Tirpitz that instantly became the only topic of the battle channel:

A Błyskawica hit me with HE shells from about 11km distance in the beginning of this battle. I still had more than 90% of my hp at that moment.

Then, out of nothing, my magazine exploded! No torps around. No aircraft around. No active fire on my ship.

At first I thought, that this enemy Tirpitz had had a lucky hit from about 16km away. But the enemy player of the

Błyskawica reminded me, that it was him, who had sunk me. I was even more stunned, to say at least!

So, with a single HE shot from about 11km away in about a 45° angle or less a dd can one-hit-sink a battleship now?!

Do I have to expect this on a regular basis? I mean, not that things like citadel hits close to my ship's rudder haven't happened yet ridiculously often enough! -_-

its RNG. not a bug, just a bad game mechanic

[MAC]
Players
2 posts
8,031 battles

Call it "rng", call it a "feature" - to me it's a serious bug that's a negative highlight even concerning the minimum expectations about realism you can have about an arcade game simulating naval battles.

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

Call it "rng", call it a "feature" - to me it's a serious bug that's a negative highlight even concerning the minimum expectations about realism you can have about an arcade game simulating naval battles.

by feature I mean it was intentionally put into the game (for the sole purpose of pissing us the hell off and dividing us by who thinks its a good idea and who doesnt) and second of all, it IS realistic (sorry if I read your post wrong) read up on the battle of jutland and the battle between the hood and bismark, in which hood was hit in a weird place and instantly detonated on the first salvo. and in jutland many british ships had problems with magazine detonation. 

its a completely RNG based mechanic that basically says you have a 0.07% chance of blowing up and dieing instantly when shot. I hate it, you seem to hate it, and I can't see how it adds to the game experience, but I'm waiting for an answer you guys! confuse me again!

[TTT]
Players
1,841 posts
7,390 battles

by feature I mean it was intentionally put into the game (for the sole purpose of pissing us the hell off and dividing us by who thinks its a good idea and who doesnt) and second of all, it IS realistic (sorry if I read your post wrong) read up on the battle of jutland and the battle between the hood and bismark, in which hood was hit in a weird place and instantly detonated on the first salvo. and in jutland many british ships had problems with magazine detonation. 

its a completely RNG based mechanic that basically says you have a 0.07% chance of blowing up and dieing instantly when shot. I hate it, you seem to hate it, and I can't see how it adds to the game experience, but I'm waiting for an answer you guys! confuse me again!

Actually there's only a chance of detonation when the magazine gets hit - which a 120mm HE shell wouldn't be able to do on a battleship. Therefore I think this is indeed a bug.

Beta Tester
320 posts
6,303 battles

Full hp to zero in warspite, from a fuso's first salvo+detonation at 18km.

First time for me, though i did the same to a mexico a few nights ago, in my fuso. Put it down to rng, cant tell whether i like it as a game feature or not.

Edited by snipershot

[GOEPT]
[GOEPT]
Weekend Tester
544 posts
8,701 battles

well few hours ago my yamato got Detonation from the Essez planes torpedos... -.- 3 torps...

[CATS]
Players
14,758 posts
10,885 battles

It is one thing if a BB gets this from a torpedo or a 356mm gun, it is another thing if it happens after an HE hit of 120mm.

120mm should not do that to a BB. For me that is a bug and should be corrected.

Sometime ago a DD did that to a Yamato.

Weekend Tester
1,674 posts
10,278 battles

As I already told you in chat, HMS Hood would disagree with you that detonating the battleship is a bug :D

You have to expect it on a regular basis, however it occurs rarely. You for example get detonated every 112 games. In Tirpitz you got detonated after 81 games.

I would guess more or less that is the frequency you should expect.

Though some ships seem more prone to detonations. Speaking of BBs, I am getting detonated in my Impregnator about every 35-40 games (most of them by DD HE) .

But I am fully OK with it. Yes, it bothers me a bit when it happens, however I know that indirectly I afforded that "epic" moment to the enemy and hence more fun :).

Edited by daki

Players
453 posts

View PostIvoshi_san, on 26 February 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

As I already told you in chat, HMS Hood would disagree with you that detonating the battleship is a bug :D

You have to expect it on a regular basis, however it occurs rarely. You for example get detonated every 112 games. In Tirpitz you got detonated after 81 games.

I would guess more or less that is the frequency you should expect.

Though some ships seem more prone to detonations. Speaking of BBs, I am getting detonated in my Impregnator about every 35-40 games (most of them by DD HE) .

But I am fully OK with it. Yes, it bothers me a bit when it happens, however I know that indirectly I afforded that "epic" moment to the enemy and hence more fun :).

Hood took a 15" shell through the deck armor deep into its guts. There's some uncertainty about what exactly happened afterwards but it's pretty much certain something detonated the powder storage with pretty much the expected outcome. I don't think a lot of people think this shouldn't be possible in WoWs. A shell penetrating into the ship's guts and scoring a direct hit on the magazine should have dire effects on the ship.

The OP however? Took a 120mm high explosive shell... and exploded. I do not think most people find this reasonable. A 120mm high explosive shell hitting that thick armor plating would do nothing to it, not even spalling is likely.  According to wikipedia on the matter, "The main battery turrets were reasonably well-protected: the turret roofs were 130 mm (5.1 in) thick, the sides were 220 mm (8.7 in) thick, and the faces were 360 mm (14 in) thick with 220 mm (8.7 in) thick shields".

That kind of armor is basically impregnable to shells like that. There's enough RNG in the game already, if this is the kind of crap we should expect I frankly would rather have magazine explosions taken out of the game entirely.

Seriously, if the shell can't possibly penetrate the turret or the armored compartment it's mounted on then I don't see why it has any business whatsoever in exploding the ship.

• Cool 1

Players
340 posts
134 battles

For what it's worth, this probably is a bug. Looking at the armour model, the Tirpitz's power magazines should be protected from small HE rounds from any angle, with the lowest point being several metres of water + 25mm + 45mm. What's probably happening is that HE rounds are travelling too far underwater, and HE splash is ignoring internal armour, a bit like the old citadel roof glitch.

Players
34 posts
5,029 battles

It is one thing if a BB gets this from a torpedo or a 356mm gun, it is another thing if it happens after an HE hit of 120mm.

120mm should not do that to a BB. For me that is a bug and should be corrected.

Sometime ago a DD did that to a Yamato.

d056dedeb48f8c549b8c23e03c292df5e1fe7fad.jpg

:red_button:Here you go, an USSR DD one shot Yamato.

d056dedeb48f8c549b8c23e03c292df5e1fe7fad.jpg

Edited by mobiusx02

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

While I do like the fact that detonations are in the game. It gives a whole other element of unpredictability. I do not think that a 120mm shell should be able to detonate a BB with several layers in between the hull and the magazine.

It is not a bug though as has been said. And if you get detonated you get 10 flags to prevent more detonations. For me I dont detonate enough to start using those flags. I might if I sailed an Yamato though.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,956 battles

I think Detonation should just multiply the actual shell damage by certaint value 

for example x10 

so if a Yamato hits you for a detonation you get x10 his shell damage(14800 dmgx10(AP)) =148000dmg

but if a DD hits you most likely with HE he cant exactly one-shot you but does a massive amount of damage Gearing for example

a HE shell does 1800 dmg x10 its 18000 damage so it semes not as unrealistic that a DD can one-shot a full HP BB

Beta Tester
320 posts
6,303 battles

I know the game isnt about realism, though surely it does try and emulate ship to ship combat. Realism would mean a dd dead to secondary guns if it ever got in range of a bb versus, 1 shell from dd miraculously finds a way to a powder room and oneshots the bb. The game version should be somehwere in the middle.

Sign in to follow this