Sign in to follow this  
xeransa

Question over some mods I have seen others use.

9 comments in this topic

[S0F]
Beta Tester
163 posts
6,402 battles

Hi folks,

I've watched a few streamers of late to try and get some tips and help with the game and I have seen them use a few mods which I find questionable and wanted other peoples opinions on them.

1. A mod with a line all the way across the screen so that when you have a ship with a high shell arc and you are almost aiming off the screen this line helps you get the correct line.

2. A mod that has a whole series of lines in a spider formation which makes it easier to aim at ships moving towards you or away from you.

3. A mod that shows circles exactly where your smoke is so you know when you are in smoke and if other ships drop smoke you know exactly where to sit.

Personally I don't use mods, I have in the past used the damage indicator mod that shows your total damage and the one that shows other players average xp but they were both useless so I got rid of them. However these mods above I feel are a step to far and give the players who use them an unfair advantage especially over people like me who don't use them. I guess the question is should people be using these mods, should we report them, or should they be added to the core game so anybody has easy access to them?

Cheers in advance for your replies and please keep the discussion civil.

[DSW]
Players
3,790 posts
7,737 battles

1) what?

2) simple modified crosshair - never found that one useful at all, ymmv

3) made by a Dev so if that one isn't considered legitimate I don't know what is (also, supposedly just a preview of a normal game feature from what I've heard)

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles
[edited]
Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

[RO-RN]
Beta Tester
8 posts
3,930 battles

WG replys to every ticket i make with the classic: the players are good and manage every shoot to send on targhet, even over the mountains withhout seeng me, but i think that WG is covering for hacks that bring them more money.

One of them can be tryed for free 2 hours here, than you must pay to use it longer.

I guess this site is supportef with WG will.

[edited]

Unfortunatly, this crapreally works :(

Edited by RogDodgeUK
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Players
3,041 posts
3,645 battles

WG replys to every ticket i make with the classic: the players are good and manage every shoot to send on targhet, even over the mountains withhout seeng me, but i think that WG is covering for hacks that bring them more money.

One of them can be tryed for free 2 hours here, than you must pay to use it longer.

[edited]

so.. if you wanna be a script kiddie I have a tip for you:

You can't download skill. you can't download situational awareness. to be good at cheating you have to have those two things; and if you have those two things you may as well just play the game normally and still win.

why would you ever cheat?

Edited by RogDodgeUK

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles
quoted post removed

The OP doesn't need to PM anyone for me to tell him to select crosshair 3 in the vanilla client. You are not a very good troll are you ? :aqua:
Edited by RogDodgeUK

Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,379 battles

The OP doesn't need to PM anyone for me to tell him to select crosshair 3 in the vanilla client. You are not a very good troll are you ? :aqua:

And crosshair 7 for his second mod mentioned
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,299 posts
9,535 battles

*snip for obvious reasons*

Except that stuff like the aim assist IS a bannable offense (and afaik linking to such stuff isn't exactly looked upon kindly either ...) and that anyone who occasionally uses his WASD keys simply can't be predicted by an algorithm that only accounts for current speed and heading.

Or in other words:

Stop sailing in straight lines!

In now over 1000 matches I can count the number of occasions where I found something fishy on one hand and still have fingers to spare and flip off the idiots who think they can download skill. And there's always the chance that the fishy smelling occasions where just cases of freakishly good luck. I have hit blind shots on targets that were unspotted for a couple seconds (meaning a couple seconds in which they could've made any miniscule course correction and my prediction would horribly miss) and landed citadels.

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles
Due to the nature of whats being discussed and the number of rules being broken, this thread will now be closed
  • Cool 1