You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
CptSteel_

Warspite.. yes again.

191 comments in this topic

Players
26 posts
5,101 battles

Right, I did a search and 1000 results came back, none of which answered my question (because after half an hour of reading I gave up)

The Warspite. I could not afford it at the time, but I want to buy one now, but I can't.

Firstly, Why not? Secondly, Is it coming back in any way whatsoever? What do I have to do to get one?

And on a side note, a third but serious side note, wtf... get the RN in here now and stop pissing thousands of people off (The fantastic soviet cruiser line is coming.. wtf)

Thank you :izmena:

P.S Improve your forums search results to stop seeing messages like this.

Edited by CptSteel_
  • Cool 1

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

They do roll out the Premium ships from time to time, you just have to wait.

As for the SN cruisers coming before the RN, Couldn't care less. The Royal navy is overhyped anyway. Best navy in the world my arse.

• Cool 12

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Warspite is one of those premiums marked as "rare" and it appears in the shop every now and then. It will definitely be on sale again, but only WG knows when (tbh I doubt even they know).

As for the RN, I am getting really tired of those questions. Seriously made me visit this forum less and less because some people can't understand simple logic.

As for the SN cruisers coming before the RN, Couldn't care less. The Royal navy is overhyped anyway. Best navy in the world my arse.

Amen brotha.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

A very stupid post. Obviously a lot of people do care so you are just insulting them. As for RU CAs, do I detect any excitement ?

• Cool 13

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

A very stupid post. Obviously a lot of people do care so you are just insulting them. As for RU CAs, do I detect any excitement ?

Insulting them? I am just stating what I think. If people get offended, well, tough.

Actually calling my post stupid is, in my opinion, more insulting.

• Cool 7

Players
720 posts
8,665 battles

Right, I did a search and 1000 results came back, none of which answered my question (because after half an hour of reading I gave up)

The Warspite. I could not afford it at the time, but I want to buy one now, but I can't.

Firstly, Why not? Secondly, Is it coming back in any way whatsoever? What do I have to do to get one?

And on a side note, a third but serious side note, wtf... get the RN in here now and stop pissing thousands of people off (The fantastic soviet cruiser line is coming.. wtf)

Thank you :izmena:

P.S Improve your forums search results to stop seeing messages like this.

I can understand you wanting the Warspite simply for historic reasons. But I'm afraid that imho 'the grand old lady' isn't what she used to be.

Mine is little more than a port trophy :(

Edited by LetsRockAndRoll

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I can understand you wanting the Warspite simply for historic reasons. But I'm afraid that imho 'the grand old lady' isn't what she used to be.

Has the Warspite been nerfed at some point?

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

Well, if so, they never put it in the patch notes. But they rarely ever do put anything vaguely interesting in the patch notes, so yeah.

Imo, she still kicks [edited], best Premium ship.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

*cough* Tirpitz *cough*

I have both, and in my opinion, the Warspite is overall the better ship.

Nikolai would like to have a moment with you.

The Nicholai is for it's Tier ok, but overall the Warspite beats even the Stalinium slinger.^^

Edited by Jethro_Grey
  • Cool 1

Players
1,458 posts
2,640 battles

The Nicholai is for it's Tier ok, but overall the Warspite beats even the Stalinium slinger.^^

Warspite's got nothing on the Fuso. Just sayin'

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

I personally dislike Warspite because of those damn slow turrets, and the precision feels quite bad (I guess because of the lack of guns compared to Fuso and NM) and Tirpitz is simply a beast that allows me to play BBs the way I want: get into peoples faces and smack them.

But if you can get over that I guess its an ok ship. As they say: whatever floats your boat :)

[DANG]
Players
28 posts
2,247 battles

they have more active players in Russia than in the rest of Europe put together and the developers are Russian, that's why they aren't doing the RN first

(however much we wish they would)

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles

I personally dislike Warspite because of those damn slow turrets, and the precision feels quite bad (I guess because of the lack of guns compared to Fuso and NM) and Tirpitz is simply a beast that allows me to play BBs the way I want: get into peoples faces and smack them.

But if you can get over that I guess its an ok ship. As they say: whatever floats your boat :)

What my boat floats is the neverending stream of tears by raging and crying kiddies who call other people cheater when getting obliterated when sailing broadside on. :P

Of course it's a matter of personal preference and the Tirpitz is the ship that suits my playstyle, which is very aggressive as i like to get up close and personal.

This playstyle can be used on the Warspite too, to much greater effect as she gets better MM.

She heals most of the damage and up close, her guns are brutal as nothing on that Tier ( or above her Tier ), can withstand them. Cruisers are mostly oneshots when showing broadside.

The secondaries are very effective even without the 5th Captain skill. Her AA is ok-ish but at that Tier it's quite acceptable, considering that the planes at that Tier aren't that fast and she's capable of turning on a dime.

Recently, i had a game where i got into a knife fight with a Nagato, Omaha and a DD.

While maneuvering hard to avoid the torps - which she does better then the Tirpitz - the DD died first to her secondaries, The Omaha died next to my secondaries while i was focussing my mains on the IJN BB.

I survived with 7k HP and was able to repair most of it afterwards. Her drawbacks are, the lack of speed and range, which is on certain maps more noticeable then on others, Ocean for instance. And she doesn't like getting focused, as she's made out of wood and sprinkled with gasoline.

x6lemo.jpg

Warspite's got nothing on the Fuso. Just sayin'

At range, yes. But, pls come closer with your Fuso.^^

Players
26 posts
5,101 battles

Ok that's good to know. Thank you for an actual answer.

You have no clue what you just said...

Players
26 posts
5,101 battles

Exactly

Players
26 posts
5,101 battles

The most decorated ship in WWII needs a slight buff then...

[WAFU]
Weekend Tester
183 posts
1,269 battles

The most decorated ship in WWII needs a slight buff then...

Its not the most decorated ship of WW2 its the most decorated ship of 'All Time' so WW1 and WW2. She never gave up the fight even when she was being towed of for scrap she broke here to tow rope and Ran aground near St Michaels Mount in Cornwall and said 'F*** you' was there for about 1 year before they got her free I think.
  • Cool 1

Players
1,473 posts

Insulting them? I am just stating what I think. If people get offended, well, tough.

Actually calling my post stupid is, in my opinion, more insulting.

You obviously have very little (if any) knowledge of the history of naval warfare.

• Cool 6

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

While i also would like to get the RN into the game, but the more post i see with people crying about it not being in the game, the more i hope it will take a long time for it to come.

You obviously have very little (if any) knowledge of the history of naval warfare.

he was just stating his opinion that he does not care about  the RN and that has nothing to do with knowlegde of the history of naval warfare.
  • Cool 1

[SKIDZ]
Players
799 posts

Best navy or not at least it existed
  • Cool 8

Beta Tester
115 posts
2,565 battles

Warspite is a very average ship with confusing balance. She has good manoeuvrability but the turrets can't keep up, even when the +15% turret traverse module and the commander's perk that boosts turret traverse (which means that 180 degree turret traverse time is 50.3 seconds). That is the main disadvantage that you will be wrestling with every single game, it will affect every time you try to shoot. DD's like going against Warspite because of this reason. Her range is painfully low even for tier 5 BB's which makes the ship's effectiveness on Ocean null and not much better on very open maps, before you say "Use the spotting plane" the grouping of shells at long range is pitiful and you only fire up to 8 per volley.

If you get a decent map and decent MM you will do very well in close quarters which is clearly what the ship has been balanced for, in it's home environment Warspite starts a lot of fires. The 152 mm secondaries have an unusually high HE fire chance at 12%, and your main battery HE fire chance is a whopping 34%.

Best navy or not at least it existed

Add one or two low tier premium BB's and the RU tree is pretty much complete. :trollface:

The reason why the "RN Next?" people are particularly vocal is because the many people active on the forums voiced out they wanted either the Kriegsmarine or RN next. Instead we got a RU DD line which is literally 50% blueprint ships, and a fairly lacklustre premium ship which is essentially filler for the time being.

Players
494 posts
9,364 battles

Warspite turns on a dime tho, so the turret speed doesn't matter, just turn the damn ship and only use the turret rotation for fine adjustments 

1v1 she'll eat a new mexico or a fuso for breakfast and the secondaries make it a very bad day for anything that gets into knife fighting range 

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,264 battles

I love my Warspite though I don't like going against the Tirpitz as I don't have great range and, when close, the Tirpitz seems to bounce an awful lot. What would have been nice is to allow the Warspite the 60% better dispersion with secondaries - it would make up for the rubbish range of the primaries. Sick of burning after being shot by a cruiser that I cannot reach. Still don't really understand why the range is so poor compared to the Kongo especially when the Warspite holds the record for a long range hit.

My problem with it at present is that it only really works in a brawling style and it is easy to find oneself isolated as your cruiser friends leave at speed.

On another note, despite being British, the continual recycling of the same questions about the RN is tiring and I can understand some of the knee jerk reactions of other nationalities. Of course it is daft that the RN is not represented in a warship game designed to cover the first half of the twentieth century - but this is a Russian game and so live with it. The British ARE coming ! :izmena: