Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ph3lan

Juggernauts [Contest]

33 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

The contest is closed, please see my last comment!

tYxd0dG.jpg

Captains!

Project R might be over, but that doesn’t mean that we don’t have fun competitions for you!

In this contest you are required to play any regular battleship and survive as much damage relative to the maximum HP of your ship as possible in a single battle.

A replay is not required, but if you have a particularly epic battle, we would love to see it. Instructions on how to enable a replay can be found here: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/19222-enabling-replays-in-world-of-warships/ You can also post the replay on http://wowreplays.com/.

The rules:

• The winner is the player who manages survive the highest amount of damage in a single battle (any source of damage) relative to the max HP of their ship. (the calculation is explained below).

• You must play a regular battleship (no premium ships)
  • The battle has to have taken place between 15/02/2016 (16:00 CET) and 28/02/2016 (23:59 CET)
  • Submissions have to be made before the 29th of February
  • Only random battles are allowed
  • You have to have no damage caused to allies (bumping into each other by accident is acceptable)
  • You can enter as many times as you like. Simply edit your post with a new result before the submission deadline.
  • You need to include a full screenshot of all three pages of the battle results in your post, with the damage received detailed report visible on the third page.
  • In case of a tie, the player with the highest amount of damage caused will win.
  • All non-related posts will be deleted
  • The winners will be announced in this forum thread in the days following the submission deadline
  • This contest is only open to players with an EU account 

How to calculate your result:
Divide your received damage (visible in the damage received tab of the battle report) with your ships maximum HP (with the best hull option). Post the number you get until the 3rd digit after the decimal point. (round up if the 4th number is 5 or higher)

Example: Let’s say that I survived 168,500 damage in my Iowa. The stock HP of the Iowa is 79,000 HP (easy to check on the wiki: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships).

168,500/79,000= 2.132911392405063 à 2.132 but the 4th number is a 9 so we round up to 2.133

Prizes:

1st place: Imperator Nikolai I + port slot

2nd place: Ishizuchi + port slot

3rd place: Aurora + port slot

4th place: Tachibana + port slot

Good Luck, Have Fun! 

• Cool 3

Players
4 posts
5,336 battles

jap 6tier BB FUSO hp =44900

total  damage = 68920

damage/ hp = 1.53456

Spoiler inside contains a screenshot

LPZ0bug.jpgQnILRV4.jpgLYg670P.jpg

Edited by ramboo999

[TTT]
[TTT]
Sailing Hamster, Players, Privateer
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

jap 5tier DD =9600

total  damage = 118943

damage/ hp = 12.38989583333

The contest is for regular battleships only mate.

Plus it's about damage taken, not damage dealt.

Edited by Takru

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

So, playing with the New Mexiko, this would translate into:

Damage taken: 63909

Max HP: 53200

Coefficient: 1,2013

3-1.png

3-2.png

3-3.png

Edited by Takru

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,648 posts
7,763 battles

So, playing with the New Mexiko, this would translate into:

Damage taken: 63909

Stock HP: 48200

Coefficient: 1,3259

New mexico's C hull has 53200 HP which means that your coefficient is 1.2
  • Cool 1

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

New mexico's C hull has 53200 HP which means that your coefficient is 1.2

Just noticed that. Thought it read stock hull yesterday night but .... it was already very late... and stuff :-/

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

jap 6tier BB FUSO hp =44900 57100

total  damage = 68920

damage/ hp = 1.53456 1,2070

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

@Ph3lan There is an issue with the damage taken tab. When I get sunk and check the damage taken tab, it does seem to ignore part of the damage dealt to me. I.e. When my New Mexiko gets sunk, the total damage taken is way below the HP this ship has....

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

@Ph3lan There is an issue with the damage taken tab. When I get sunk and check the damage taken tab, it does seem to ignore part of the damage dealt to me. I.e. When my New Mexiko gets sunk, the total damage taken is way below the HP this ship has....

Hi Takru! Could you send me a screenshot about this?

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,666 posts
15,173 battles

The Problem with this contest is, that we have no indication on fire or flooding damage, so the damage figures in the end of battle report are null and void...

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,574 posts
17,016 battles

ohh god wait until all the Yamato players post with their OP Heal

(me included)

Edited by kotkiller

[W-C]
2,648 posts
7,763 battles

The Problem with this contest is, that we have no indication on fire or flooding damage, so the damage figures in the end of battle report are null and void...

This

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

Been around with a New Mexico which has a total of 53200 HP. If you sum up the total damage taken, you end up with 50522.

7.png

Edited by Takru

[_KTM_]
Players
18 posts
11,927 battles

Please clarify some things out:

1. Dose your BB have to survive?

2. Do you have to win the battle? Or survive in case of a lose?

3. Survivability Expert perc will influence the calculation formula?

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,666 posts
15,173 battles

Please clarify some things out:

1. Dose your BB have to survive?

2. Do you have to win the battle? Or survive in case of a lose?

3. Survivability Expert perc will influence the calculation formula?

Ad 1) The winner is the player who manages survive the highest amount of damage in a single battle (any source of damage) relative to the max HP of their ship. (the calculation is explained below).

Ad 2) The winner is the player who manages survive the highest amount of damage in a single battle (any source of damage) relative to the max HP of their ship. (the calculation is explained below).

Ad 3) Good question.

[_KTM_]
Players
18 posts
11,927 battles

Ad 1) The winner is the player who manages survive the highest amount of damage in a single battle (any source of damage) relative to the max HP of their ship. (the calculation is explained below).

Ad 2) The winner is the player who manages survive the highest amount of damage in a single battle (any source of damage) relative to the max HP of their ship. (the calculation is explained below).

Ad 3) Good question.

Ubertron_X ... if it would sound like this will be clear: The winner is the player who manages TO survive WITH the highest amount of damage in a single battle (any source of damage) relative to the max HP of their ship. (the calculation is explained below).

On my 2nd question ... it dose not say anywhere in rules that you have to win that battle.

Still need a answer from WG Staff member.

[W-C]
2,648 posts
7,763 battles

Ubertron_X ... if it would sound like this will be clear: The winner is the player who manages TO survive WITH the highest amount of damage in a single battle (any source of damage) relative to the max HP of their ship. (the calculation is explained below).

On my 2nd question ... it dose not say anywhere in rules that you have to win that battle.

I doubt you have to win it...just survive it.... also

(any source of damage)

it's not really any source of damage if you can't count flooding and fire

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,666 posts
15,173 battles

Don't blame me, I just copied from OP. Apart from that I find the answers very clear. It does not say that you have to win, so you don't have to.

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

ohh god wait until all the Yamato players post with their OP Heal

(me included)

Yeah, maybe the event should have started on the 18th, after 0.5.3 has been implemented. Currently the Yamato got a large advantage.

Although Yamatos usually receive most of their damage from burning and burn damage is not shown in the damage tab, so maybe not. :P

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,114 posts
13,357 battles

It's simply the missing fire / flooding damage, so the damage received screen only shows you the received shell / torpedo damage itself, not the resulting side effects of those.

Here's my first entry:

126.083 damage taken vs. 97.000 HP = 1.305x damage taken, no flooding nor fire accounted for (with 143 received HE shells and 3 torp hits quite a bit of those damage types...^^)

shot_16_02_16_23_09_23_0429.jpg

shot_16_02_16_23_09_27_0136.jpg

shot_16_02_16_23_09_31_0213.jpg

shot_16_02_16_23_09_37_0779.jpg

[TTT]
[TTT]
3,795 posts
17,332 battles

You know, the funny thing is that up until now, I payed so little attention to that screen that I didn't realize that fires and flooding weren't shown there. I wonder why not? They're clearly tracked....

[GLORY]
Weekend Tester
494 posts
9,801 battles

speed adventage is most important - and fast repair fire - luckly took only one  and repair fast:)  but i hear 1st time they are going to nerf yamato repair :O  ( i dont have him but still )

80959 / 54100 = 1,4965

1.png

2.png

3.png

Edited by Kozorator

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

Hey Guys!

I have read your comments about the fire and flooding damage numbers not showing up in the report and the Survivability Expert captain skill coming with the next Update giving an advantage to players who have it after 18 February. My original idea with the contest was to make it a bit different from the usual damage or XP based contests, but it seems it was badly timed and I didn't do my homework regarding the battle report (I have to admit that since we are tracking those numbers, they would show up in the battle report). 

Due to the above I've decided to close the contest! It might return sometime in the future in a redesigned form. 

• Cool 2