You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
C4PT41N_0BV10US

"Side by Side" 2 vs 2 Tournament - are you up to the challenge?

132 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,583 posts
13,855 battles

You can swap them before each round ie. in initial round you can take Atago and Nagato, in quarterfinals you can take Amagi and Mahan etc. 

Shame for other German teams though! Keep bothering them, there's still more then 1 week for the tournament.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Atago and Nagato would have been me and nex_gen's preferred line up throughout, honestly if there are CA's in a team I can't think of a better one then Atago ( heal + crazy cammo + decent damage dealing ability ). 

Sorry for not being able to attend, but I'm still probably going to watch the rest of you guys play :great:

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

Well, shame you can't participate :< As for the lineup - there are a lot of quite viable ones. My personal favourite would be Tirpitz and either Myoko or Kijev. 

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Well, shame you can't participate :< As for the lineup - there are a lot of quite viable ones. My personal favourite would be Tirpitz and either Myoko or Kijev. 

Well I don't have Tirpitz neither did nex_gen nor Kiev so our lineup would be quite static :hiding:

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

Yeah, but there are quite a few possible comps. "Turtle Comp" - North Carolina + Hatsuharu, Stealth: Benson + Myoko etc. There is quite a few who can possible emerge on top. 

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Yeah, but there are quite a few possible comps. "Turtle Comp" - North Carolina + Hatsuharu, Stealth: Benson + Myoko etc. There is quite a few who can possible emerge on top. 

I know, that is why I anticipate watching the games being a spectacle in it's own right :great:

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,480 posts
10,167 battles

Shame for other German teams though! Keep bothering them, there's still more then 1 week for the tournament.

You forgot the two magic words when speaking to a German to get their attention - "Achtung! Achtung!". Works every time.

Also, the first one that brings out a Tripitz, I will question your manhood.

Edited by WhiskeyWolf

Beta Tester
357 posts
15,565 battles

We'd like a spot please :).

The Blues Brothers

Jake:  Azrael_Ashemdion

Elwood: joseywales1

We're on a mission from God. 

Az

Edited by Azrael_Ashemdion

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

We're on a mission from God. 

Az

I put you on the list. But only if you'll perform "Rawhide" on Teamspeak.

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Atago and Nagato would have been me and nex_gen's preferred line up throughout, honestly if there are CA's in a team I can't think of a better one then Atago ( heal + crazy cammo + decent damage dealing ability ). 

I would assume it is vital that the T8 is a BB because they are notably stronger than their T7 counterparts. Nagato/Colorado got no chance against Amagi/Tirpitz/NC.

Not much difference when it comes to CAs/DDs. Blyska is just as good as Benson/Fubuki. Myoko is just as good as Atago/Mogami (if you can handle the turret rotation).

imho blytz >kiev at current state

Yeah, notably stronger. Got 3000 HP more, decent torpedoes and can stealth-fire from 11,1 KM. I enjoy playing Blyska a lot more than Kiev these days.

A team called "Wallet Warriors" equipped with a Blyska and Tirpitz ought to show these contestants why "bribing" WG with your hard-earned cash is a good idea. Time to buy your way to victory. :P

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

It would have been a combination born out of necessity, I am still at Fuso and nex_gen could get to Nagato before the initial date. Still, ofc equal skilled captains.. but that is why it's a contest right, and we would have been ok with having a little 'handicap' :popcorn:

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

You forgot the two magic words when speaking to a German to get their attention - "Achtung! Achtung!". Works every time.

Also, the first one that brings out a Tripitz, I will question your manhood.

German with a Tirpitz reporting in. :honoring:

Still waiting for the right time to whip it out if you catch my drift.

It would have been a combination born out of necessity, I am still at Fuso and nex_gen could get to Nagato before the initial date. Still, ofc equal skilled captains.. but that is why it's a contest right, and we would have been ok with having a little 'handicap' :popcorn:

Why not use your Tirpitz/Fubuki/Mogami/Mikhail?

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Why not use your Tirpitz/Fubuki/Mogami/Mikhail?

Tirpitz I do not own, Mikhail same thing ( just live test data on my account ;) ). 

As to Mogami vs Atago, I will beat a Mogami in any 1v1 with Atago I feel, the only thing Mogami does better is long range HE rain. 

Fubuki I do have, but I aint feeling her (yet I hope). Getting terrible results, think even Hatsuharu performed better for me. 

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,480 posts
10,167 battles

As to Mogami vs Atago, I will beat a Mogami in any 1v1 with Atago I feel, the only thing Mogami does better is long range HE rain. 

And at close range against a cruiser it turns it into a sun.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

And at close range against a cruiser it turns it into a sun.

I smell a challenge :izmena:

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,480 posts
10,167 battles

I smell a challenge :izmena:

Damn right. 

The tournament is still days away and swords are already being drawn. Where is the goddamn clan system WG?

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

I been telling them the same thing :)

Sadly, ST doesn't mean I can boss them around ya know :teethhappy:

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

Done!  

Classic.

We would like to join tournament.

You certainly can! Added to list! 

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

i was on the B.A.D server tonight they came up with an interesting combo a fully decked out amagi and an atlanta. i have to admit that one has its merits 

[IDDQD]
Beta Tester
293 posts
11,832 battles

thumbs up for this "mini" tournament, as far as I know a second one after the first managed by GWDYS few months ago (thanks for not notifying to my friend von_chom:)

cb229f0fc2250d038adf5757bd9b749d.jpg

just a question - will be teams in 1st round picked-up randomly or it will be a group stage e.g. all versus all and if there will be 7 teams like now, will organizers create one?

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Do we have to provide a team name straight away? Still thinking about that one. Gotta get those 210 Doubloons. :P

Team consists of:

Kurbain

keksmonster13579