You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
C4PT41N_0BV10US

"Side by Side" 2 vs 2 Tournament - are you up to the challenge?

132 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,583 posts
13,855 battles

Unfotunately, we have to postpone the tournament for a week. Iwon is having some kind of work to do, and would not be able to run this show. So, the new date is:

And sorry for inconvience!

Alpha Tester
2,464 posts
7,371 battles

WhiskeyWolf and I would like to participate if we are still on time.

Team name: ShipfOckers

OVanBruce as "Antiruski Bot"

WhiskeyWolf as "The Hate Troll"

Would be nice if we could all watch and comment the matches from a common TS channel or Skype for those that aren't playing the match.

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

WhiskeyWolf and I would like to participate if we are still on time.

Team name: ShipfOckers

OVanBruce as "Antiruski Bot"

WhiskeyWolf as "The Hate Troll"

Would be nice if we could all watch and comment the matches from a common TS channel or Skype for those that aren't playing the match.

well once the training room enabler back up they do have maps with spectator slots so should be a way to work it out 

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,480 posts
10,167 battles

TS would be preferable as it is easy to use, we can even use the official WoWs for that, a lot of spare rooms to occupy and make a racket.

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

We can create a specific channel for this tournament on our clans TeamSpeak. Also, I will stream some of the games with live commentary on my stream (in my glorious and amazing ingrish). Right now, we have 4 - 5 teams from Polish sections, and 4 - 5 teams from English section. We think we can count on around 20 teams in total. So pretty nice.

Players
17 posts
2,292 battles

if I find one sheep buddy willing to participate ill join for sure

btw whats the point of MVP in 2 players team ? :unsure:

Did u already found someone? I am also looking for someone to play with. :)

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

The change in date left me with some troubles, I might not be able to attend ( not 100% sure but I will not know for sure until the 26th ) :(

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

I understand, it's just that my kids are probably at my place at that date and while it's possible I could play it's by no means guaranteed ( kids come first ;) ) so it would not be fair to nex_gen if I just hoped it would work out ( no nagging kids who need something in the middle of a match :hiding: ). 

ps. kids if in a couple of years you're reading this: daddy loves you and you don't nag, ever :teethhappy:

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,480 posts
10,167 battles

I understand, it's just that my kids are probably at my place at that date and while it's possible I could play it's by no means guaranteed ( kids come first ;) ) so it would not be fair to nex_gen if I just hoped it would work out ( no nagging kids who need something in the middle of a match :hiding: ). 

ps. kids if in a couple of years you're reading this: daddy loves you and you don't nag, ever :teethhappy:

Else daddy will do as WG has tough him and lock you up in the closet.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Different cultures I guess, I found the video quite funny :P

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

We can create a specific channel for this tournament on our clans TeamSpeak. Also, I will stream some of the games with live commentary on my stream (in my glorious and amazing ingrish). Right now, we have 4 - 5 teams from Polish sections, and 4 - 5 teams from English section. We think we can count on around 20 teams in total. So pretty nice.

you may get a load of ze germans teams soon enough. spoke with our german sister clan OM yesterday they seemed interested enough. you sent this one round the other  LIGA teams (B.A.D-A, OMNI, OM already know) be great to get some of those guys in. as for your TS i have no problem with that and would probably be easier to sort out. :) will just need required details 

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

Aww man! One manly tear runned through my cheek :d But on a serious note - we will try to keep this tournament as on time as we can, so no delays, no waiting. Everything should be smooth. So it should take around 2 hours total, if we will have around 20 teams.

you may get a load of ze germans teams soon enough. spoke with our german sister clan OM yesterday they seemed interested enough. you sent this one round the other  LIGA teams (B.A.D-A, OMNI, OM already know) be great to get some of those guys in. as for your TS i have no problem with that and would probably be easier to sort out. :) will just need required details

Great. I didn't post it on german forums since we don't speak german (i do just a bit, but no way in a communicative manner), so it's very nice you're spreading the word. Thanks!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

Aww man! One manly tear runned through my cheek :d But on a serious note - we will try to keep this tournament as on time as we can, so no delays, no waiting. Everything should be smooth. So it should take around 2 hours total, if we will have around 20 teams.

Great. I didn't post it on german forums since we don't speak german (i do just a bit, but no way in a communicative manner), so it's very nice you're spreading the word. Thanks!

no problem most the germans in OM speak english so i spoke with luysanka yesterday. ive also just posted it to 2 world of warships groups on facebook who have about 5k members. who is your contact in the DMV ( the founders of the Liga) maybe you can speak with them?  you have a match with them as well this week dont you 
Edited by scrappygwilly

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

We do have a contact? :D We sure can speak, but I would like to keep this event small, as we're trying some stuff, so it's kinda "Test Drive" for us. I counted 20 teams, max 30 teams for the event. Could you estimate how many players could join from GE community? We wan't it to go without any delays, so we need to keep it simple and small first time.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

That is exactly my issue, I might have a kid who fell on a pair of scissors and needs a bandaid, and while that would only cost me a couple of minutes I don't want to fault nex_gen by getting disqualified for being late :)

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

We do have a contact? :D We sure can speak, but I would like to keep this event small, as we're trying some stuff, so it's kinda "Test Drive" for us. I counted 20 teams, max 30 teams for the event. Could you estimate how many players could join from GE community? We wan't it to go without any delays, so we need to keep it simple and small first time.

il have too ask them tonight because their commander only said he would pass it on. thats understandable :) anyway slow replies got a meeting im late too 

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,480 posts
10,167 battles

That is exactly my issue, I might have a kid who fell on a pair of scissors and needs a bandaid

You may want to reconsider the closet suggestion, pad it a bit and they will be fine.

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

Added participants. It's beginning to look very very cool, and the skillz also are looking good. We might have a nice display of dazzling tactics and brave manouvers, topped with complete failures! Keep it going gents!

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

a nice display of dazzling tactics and brave manouvers, topped with complete failures!

That sounds like it is right up my alley. I'm pretty good at all of those things. :P

Might sign up later if I find somebody stupid enough to team up with me. :look:

Edited by Kurbain

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Great! Right now we have 8 teams participating. Another 8 and we're good :D

I only see 5 listed. Where are the other 3? Are those the German teams?

I hope you are not counting me in yet. I gotta find a victim first.

4,583 posts
13,855 battles

We have 3 teams from Polish section, with few more still organising. We should have around 8 - 10 teams from Polish section.

Beta Tester
110 posts
6,111 battles

Added participants. It's beginning to look very very cool, and the skillz also are looking good. We might have a nice display of dazzling tactics and brave manouvers, topped with complete failures! Keep it going gents!

We have 3 teams from Polish section, with few more still organising. We should have around 8 - 10 teams from Polish section.

first quote very very true but you also forgot to add the insane and hilarious banter the will be between a lot of the teams while on the stream oh and the if its stupid but it works tactics they are the best of all :P 

also seems the has been some confusion with the germans but it clashes with a few things for them so at least in OM's case the will be no teams from them ( or as i like to think it, they afraid of NESI, OMNI, BAD-A and the rest of them) . however have been in communication with shellshockers so il get them to post if they interested. 

also its not specifically mentioned in the rules but can you change your ship line ups each round or are you restricted to one tier 8 ship and one tier 7 ships the whole tournament.