You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
csatahajos

Introduction and Welcome!

22 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
100 posts
9,102 battles

Dear all, old Warship Projects Forumers and World of Warship players!

Welcome to the Warship Projects 4.0 version Forum, this time kindly hosted by Wargaming.net in cooperation with the grand World of Warships project. We hope that this iteration of the Forum will stay for a long long time and in the not too distant future more side projects will be started to create a long lasting archive of information for future reference.

A few words for newcomers about WP: our community started as a bunch of warship enthusiast back in 2003-2004 exchanging e-mails about our favourite topic, warships of the XXth century that were projected, designed or even started cunstruction but abandoned for various reasons. After only a short while it just made sense to have a fairly closed but still free for all internet group that shares info among enthusiast and so grew WP 1.0, then after two restarts due to forum providers going down we arrived to version 4.0. After ten years of operation this community got farily large and accumulated a vast amount of information about the subject topics, which unfortunately lost to the cyberspace for the 3rd time (well there is a slight hope we get back data if our old host somehow responds to our queries...). Now learning the lessons the hard way I decided with the founding members to trust ourselves to Wargaming.net's forum system and since the game profited so far from the information we gathered it just made sense to cross our path - what's more a lot of our beloved ships are probable to appear in the game and we would like to contribute to that. Also in the long run we hope to preserve information for the future in some ways (there are ideas already for that).

So I'd kindly ask all our old members to contribute again all stuff that they have saved over the years, that would act as a great starting point for discussion.

What changes format wise is that we will have only one topic for each and every ship/class so as to have all info in one place - for now at least.

And for all the old members wondering what World of Warships is I encourage you to click on the 'Portal' button just below the WoWS banner in the left top ;)!

Welcome back everyone and let's get ready to rumble!

Akos

Edited by csatahajos
  • Cool 6

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,451 posts
7,330 battles

Aaaaand Ladies and Gentlemen.... The section is open!

Enjoy and populate it - and for all the folks from Warship Projects, welcome on board!

:izmena:

Guest melvin burmaster
0 posts

Akos, good to see the forum (vessel IV) launched and looking forward to comment and interaction. If I can recall any significant portion of those 6700-odd comments I made, I'm doing so!

Alpha Tester
100 posts
9,102 battles

Thanks MJ! I'm happy we are back on track finally.

Please comment/correct my Montana class post if you feel like :).

Akos

Players
6 posts

I finally almost figured out how to register for the forum!

Horrendously Loud Cheer!

Bigger Guns, MORE POWER!

:hiding:Enough of that! I need a rest! Will sort through my old posts later for future use!

Edited by M_A_Rozon

Alpha Tester
100 posts
9,102 battles

You are most welcome to start posting them in the relevant subforums Sir! :)

Players
6 posts

Ah, so I finally have re-registered. Formerly JasonW, but that was taken in the World of Warships/Tanks gaming world so alas, I am now Jason2466 or something like that.

Are we going to create a separate model sub-forum on this iteration of Warship Projects? That was my primary haunt on the old forum and we have a lot of interesting never were subjects starting to come to fruition. Mike Bartel is just beginning his Washingtons Cherry Trees collection and has released the British L-II design as a hybrid kit.

Edited by Jason2466

Players
1 post
570 battles

It´s nice to be back, but I´am still hoping that old posts ll be saved.

Some suggestion: Maybe it ll be useful to start also with some general links as Hiraga archive, Stefano page etc.

Alpha Tester
362 posts
357 battles

Hiraga archive link is good idea, but Stefano's page is difficult. The images there are very difficult to hotlink, as very few sites show them or links them in working order. They mostly show the xvirgillio big head guys.....

Players
1,244 posts

Belated greetings guys, I briefly went under the name "Hyper Shinchan" on the previous incarnation of your forum, but I was already registered here.

Guest MJBurmaster
0 posts

Unfortunately, Akos, I've registered twice and everytime I try to access the forum, I get a denial of my email. So I will just have to keep posting as "Guest."

Players
1,244 posts

Welcome aboard! The More the merrier I say :D

Thank you, I fully agree.

Unfortunately, Akos, I've registered twice and everytime I try to access the forum, I get a denial of my email. So I will just have to keep posting as "Guest."

Did you try to contact the support? I actually had no idea it was possible to post as guest...

Players
69 posts
1 battles

Good to catch up with you guys since 3.0 died. Anyone manage to save Alt_Naval's never were pics? I have some I can scrape up if anyone is interested.

Players
9 posts

Is there going to be any moderation to keep things to historical "never-were" discussion?

Or, as I have already seen happen, is this going to become another mish-mash forum where historical, historically-based "own drawings/designs", and made-up game-fantasy material blend promiscuously without much effort to keep track of which is which?

Edited by Blackbat242

Alpha Tester
362 posts
357 battles

Is there going to be any moderation to keep things to historical "never-were" discussion?

Or, as I have already seen happen, is this going to become another mish-mash forum where historical, historically-based "own drawings/designs", and made-up game-fantasy material blend promiscuously without much effort to keep track of which is which?

I's been moderated and I've always write there it is my idea for the ship aka my drawing.

Players
69 posts
1 battles

I have been considering putting up all the alt_naval pics I have plus a few others in a collection together on a website but I'm really not sure if it would be proper to do so. Any advice? While it would be a shame to lose these works again, I do want to respect the creators.

Alpha Tester
100 posts
9,102 battles

I think you can do a thread in the main forum as one post with proper credit given to Alt_nav.