You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

End of the year in-game contest results

127 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,583 posts
14,188 battles

give me a smart CV every game, and I guarantee no DD will torp you, like ever, when I'm present :D In fact, smart is an overstatement. I just need him to send 1 dive bomber squad to a place of my choosing sometime during the battle...

Edited by Dropsiq

[G-STR]
Players
21 posts
6,092 battles

Yup, XP is awarded based on % of hp you remove from enemy sheep, DD has fewer XP so you take bigger % with each hit thus earn more XP. 

This SHOULD be on every Cruiser Loading screen in BIG CAPITAL RED LETTERS translated to all client languages.....

Also got my Marbletreasure it is no Murmonster but with that flat shell arc fit my play style much better.

TY WG :honoring:

Players
1,055 posts
19,420 battles

Honestly I am a little disappointed that you can't choose a different in-game ship if you finish in higher position. Hope for 2nd place next year ^^

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I am wondering, what you have to do to get so much XP. I have sometimes over 2k and only once had more than 3k (the base XP).....you must kill almost half of enemy ships by yourself i guess...Can some winer post replay or something?

Mostly capturing bases, which is why CVs and BBs have much less impressive results than the cruisers and destroyers.

Getting a lot of base experience doesn't necessarily mean you have any skill.

In my highest base experience match (3700 XP) I spend most of the time just driving between bases and capturing them. Had 6 captures at the end and probably less than 30K damage.

Can post the replay if you really want, but it's pretty boring and not worth the watch.

That match would have gotten me a Tirpitz if I had done it in December.

Honestly I am a little disappointed that you can't choose a different in-game ship if you finish in higher position. Hope for 2nd place next year ^^

Yeah, the Tirpitz is a much better reward than the Kitakami, which is more of a novelty than anything else.

Can't even earn any credits in it and it will be taken away at some point from what I've read.

Community Contributor
213 posts
17,328 battles

well I scored 4824 base XP in a Pensacola during the contest but yet there is no prize or even mention. It was my highest xp score to date and can be seen in my stats

Players
1,055 posts
19,420 battles

Mostly capturing bases, which is why CVs and BBs have much less impressive results than the cruisers and destroyers.

Getting a lot of base experience doesn't necessarily mean you have any skill.

In my highest base experience match (3700 XP) I spend most of the time just driving between bases and capturing them. Had 6 captures at the end and probably less than 30K damage.

Can post the replay if you really want, but it's pretty boring and not worth the watch.

That match would have gotten me a Tirpitz if I had done it in December.

Yeah, the Tirpitz is a much better reward than the Kitakami, which is more of a novelty than anything else.

Can't even earn any credits in it and it will be taken away at some point from what I've read.

Kitakami is terrible ship for t8 and above. You can, however, use to kill all your teammates for 0 penalty.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,194 posts
13,656 battles

well I scored 4824 base XP in a Pensacola during the contest but yet there is no prize or even mention. It was my highest xp score to date and can be seen in my stats

It's about base XP, not including premium account - if you show us your screenshots we can highlight it :)

Community Contributor
213 posts
17,328 battles

I  never made a screenshot as I read that you guys were pulling the data directly from the server but here below u can see the top score of 4824. Its base XP no bonuses no premium no multiplier of any kind.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/529053079-Adm_Ballsey/#tab=pvp/account-tab-ships-pvp/Pensacola-pvp

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

I  never made a screenshot as I read that you guys were pulling the data directly from the server but here below u can see the top score of 4824. Its base XP no bonuses no premium no multiplier of any kind.

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/529053079-Adm_Ballsey/#tab=pvp/account-tab-ships-pvp/Pensacola-pvp

That is not proof, as the XP shown in the profile page includes premium account and/or signal flags.

Hence there being a requirement for posting screenshots showing the base XP in the team score panel.

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

That is not proof, as the XP shown in the profile page includes premium account and/or signal flags.

Hence there being a requirement for posting screenshots showing the base XP in the team score panel.

Well, considering his average XP in each ship compared to the damage, he very rarely used premium time, if at all.

That aside, there is no requirement for posting any screenshots for the highest base XP contest. They checked the server statistics for that one.

If you really managed that base XP during the contest time, you should contact support, Adm_Ballsey. Or send a PM to Sehales/Ph3lan.

[JUNK]
Players
850 posts
12,195 battles

I'm still bitter that there was a silly "no divisions" rule in there. Just look at this :

N2ACtAk.jpgShould have landed me 2nd position in American DDs but nooo...

Players
49 posts
2,913 battles

GG, but from that its hard to say if you fall out on things like team damage etc. I mean one collision or splashdamage would exclude your score. Have a nice day!

Community Contributor
213 posts
17,328 battles

Well, considering his average XP in each ship compared to the damage, he very rarely used premium time, if at all.

That aside, there is no requirement for posting any screenshots for the highest base XP contest. They checked the server statistics for that one.

If you really managed that base XP during the contest time, you should contact support, Adm_Ballsey. Or send a PM to Sehales/Ph3lan.

thanks Kurbain I messaged both guys you listed...was so disappointing as I really thought I had a great shot of winning but not even a mention

[UNICS]
Players
5 posts
8,943 battles

I was anxiously waiting for the results of this contest since I had an amazing game with my Baltimore.

I should have been 5th in the American Cruisers category with a base score of 3743.

The game was random battle, I wasn't playing in a division and I'm pretty sure I didn't do any friendly damage.

Any Idea what is up with that ?

Players
202 posts
74 battles

I was anxiously waiting for the results of this contest since I had an amazing game with my Baltimore.

I should have been 5th in the American Cruisers category with a base score of 3743.

The game was random battle, I wasn't playing in a division and I'm pretty sure I didn't do any friendly damage.

Any Idea what is up with that ?

It's most likely premium is getting in the way - your actual base XP would have been around 2495. We have a list of the top 200 players for each group. The lowest valid base XP - 200th place - for an American Cruiser during the time the contest was active, was 2820.

[UNICS]
Players
5 posts
8,943 battles

It's most likely premium is getting in the way - your actual base XP would have been around 2495. We have a list of the top 200 players for each group. The lowest valid base XP - 200th place - for an American Cruiser during the time the contest was active, was 2820.

Are you saying premium gets calculated into the scores showed on the profile page ? If that's the case I guess that might be why. I was quite convinced that in didn't though.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
74 battles

Are you saying premium gets calculated into the scores showed on the profile page ? If that's the case I guess that might be why. I was quite convinced that in didn't though.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Yes our website shows values that include the premium bonus. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Players
1 post
2,499 battles

Hell yeah! Never thought that I could win something :) even forgot to check the results out! Any info when can I expect contact / info about what I've got?

TazCrazy