You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sehales

End of the year in-game contest results

127 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

Oh no bad luck, don't forget all those credits for the equipment upgrades too WG...

On the plus side... I managed to get one game with the Kitakami before it was swapped out for the Tirpiz, she detonated a Negato with one torpedo :trollface: 

Treat her well :honoring:

The equipment should not be removed with the ship, it is demounted and goes into the stockpile. 

Players
2,640 posts
16,074 battles

^ Good news, the mistake was corrected very swiftly. Once again, thanks to everyone at WG staff involved in this competition and others like it.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team
419 posts
1,286 battles

^ Good news, the mistake was corrected very swiftly. Once again, thanks to everyone at WG staff involved in this competition and others like it.

You are very welcome and sorry for the mix-up with the prizes, that was my mistake! I am going to contact the winners of the physical prizes about the shipping tomorrow!

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
832 posts
14,726 battles

Got the marblehead today and first was not knowing why.

Then I found myself under the randomly selected winners !

Cheers and many thanks WG ! :medal:

• Cool 1

Players
319 posts
5,637 battles

I agree, enjoyed this event and hoping for more soon.  obv disapointed at not being good enough or lucky enough to win anything, but gratz to those who did !:medal:

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
814 posts
17,850 battles

On the plus side... I managed to get one game with the Kitakami before it was swapped out for the Tirpiz, she detonated a Negato with one torpedo :trollface: 

Treat her well :honoring:

Well my first game with it, I got into a 4 carrier game...

You can imagine how that went :amazed:

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
3,105 posts
13,341 battles

But you're second... you should have gotten a Tirpitz...

http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/eoy-2015-ingame-contest/

1st Place

Razer Kraken headset
Kitakami + port slot

2nd Place

Bismarck Model Kit from Italeri
Tirpitz + port slot

3rd Place

Razer Goliathus Mouse pad
Fujin + port slot

And I'm first and got a Tirpitz (=gold) even though I already have it...

Well that's a disappointment :unsure:

WG, any chance I get a Kitakami?

I'll trade you for the Marblehead :P

[OM-S]
Beta Tester
1,262 posts
23,765 battles

im a bit confused.....i got a marblehead instead of a kitakami......

was looking forward to torp spamming.....now i must spam HE

Edited by IceyJones

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
814 posts
17,850 battles

im a bit confused.....i got a marblehead instead of a kitakami......

was looking forward to torp spamming.....now i must spam HE

Kitakami was for the first place. Second got Tirpitz, third Fujin, 4th-15th Marblehead. You were fourth if I remember right
  • Cool 1

Players
5 posts
5,211 battles

Thanks guys, especially never ever won anything randomly :) ..seriously. So very appretiated. Cheers WG.

• Cool 1

Players
202 posts
74 battles

One Question,on the facebook, you chose randomly or according some .....i dont know this word in English :fishpalm:

Yes, randomly from all entries across all languages' separate Facebook pages, as well as randomly from the forum thread. We wanted there to be an alternative way to get something good other than a display of skill. :aqua:

Any news on when the prizes will be sent out? Still awaiting mine :)

I hope this has now been resolved. 

Disappointment washed over me as I looked over the Japanese Cruisers, not to see my excellent ( and best game in WoWS history ) in Zao. But then, I screamed out in joy as I saw my name in the RNG contest. Fantastic. Thank you WG. I still don't have the ship ingame, but I'm sure as hell going to be rocking it as soon as it comes in.

I enjoyed the emotional journey of your message. I hope you are now enjoying your new ship. :playing:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

I won a Marblehead, thank you WG!

ps: She aint no Murmansk though :trollface:

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Nice game!

I like Murmansk's rudder the most, and this is more like a B hull Omaha in that regard ( or so it feels like ). But it has sonar and float fighter ( crap AAA though ). It's by definition not bad since it's an Omaha and those are all quite good imo, but it won't dodge return fire like a Murmansk can ( nor does it have the same range ). 

Though I am using a 'better' captain on my RU ships though that might help as well. 

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Congratulations to all the contest winners! Enjoy your Kitakami/Tirpitz/Marblehead. :)

I received a Marblehead and thank you for that, WG!

• Cool 1

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

I am wondering, what you have to do to get so much XP. I have sometimes over 2k and only once had more than 3k (the base XP).....you must kill almost half of enemy ships by yourself i guess...Can some winer post replay or something?

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,583 posts
13,855 battles

Just kill destroyers and cap/decap bases. Lot's of damage helps also. But mostly killing destroyers.

[ADRIA]
Beta Tester
814 posts
17,850 battles

@Kamikazesushi

Capping and resetting the enemy cap gives you a lot of xp. About 3 weeks ago my division mate had a 4.2k base xp game with Mahan (he capped 4 caps all by himself), and about a week ago I had 4.4k base xp with Kagero (I had 32 decaps, one cap and one partial cap and only about 80k dmg done).

I can post that Kagero replay for you when I get home...

I can also try to find my winning Taiho replay, but I doubt you would find that one very interesting :)

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Just kill destroyers and cap/decap bases. Lot's of damage helps also. But mostly killing destroyers.

Yup, XP is awarded based on % of hp you remove from enemy sheep, DD has fewer XP HP so you take bigger % with each hit thus earn more XP. 

So again, you cruisers refusing to listen and attack the darn DD's when I'm playing BB and expecting you to do your job, you're causing yourself to have a lesser result just as well as you're trying to proof to me you don't understand the darn game ;)

edit: there was a XP where it should be HP, fixed now ( and I think message was even clear enough with the error but just in case :) ).

Edited by mtm78