Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Allanagtig

ridicolous torpedo plane drop range

25 comments in this topic

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
3,946 battles

So, running a battleship has it moments sure. Then you get utterly disappointed when a tier higher carrier comes flying over you and drops 2x squadron torps on you within 1km. You then get 1-2 seconds to turn your ship or you end up on the bottom of the ocean! Almost 100k dmg done to you and you havent even got a plane down by the time he retreats. He flies home with the torpedo planes, and then 10 seconds after 2 squadrons of bombing planes comes to finish you off. 

Is this lame or what!? 2 minutes in the game. 

It shouldnt be possible to drop torps so damn close with the planes, its so unbalanced. Also because your ship which is only one tier lower has such a trouble getting just ONE plane down. 2 squadrons of torpedo planes can do more dmg than 2 Yamato salvos combined... Its rigged. Hope they are gonna fix this!

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
468 posts
4,880 battles

You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

"You get 1-2 seconds to turn your ship" -> You have already failed to dodge them. Come back when you learn the BASICS of playing battleships and dodging torpedo planes (PLANES, not aerial torpedoes but their AIRCRAFT HINT HINT).

• Cool 1

Players
74 posts

This is why you try and keep close to your cruisers or ask them to cover you (doesn't always happen I admit). As a BB driver u can also make it more difficult for them to hit you by:

• Turning into the furthest set of planes while getting your aa firing on the closer ones. 
  • Slamming the ship into reverse and turning hard as they drop the torps. (turn towards them if you can as this will mean you have to eat Less)

It is fine to wait for a second on damage control if you see dive bombers inbound after. 

• Cool 1

Players
54 posts
3,633 battles

So, running a battleship has it moments sure. Then you get utterly disappointed when a tier higher carrier comes flying over you and drops 2x squadron torps on you within 1km. You then get 1-2 seconds to turn your ship or you end up on the bottom of the ocean! Almost 100k dmg done to you and you havent even got a plane down by the time he retreats. He flies home with the torpedo planes, and then 10 seconds after 2 squadrons of bombing planes comes to finish you off. 

It shouldnt be possible to drop torps so damn close with the planes, its so unbalanced. Also because your ship which is only one tier lower has such a trouble getting just ONE plane down. 2 squadrons of torpedo planes can do more dmg than 2 Yamato salvos combined... Its rigged. Hope they are gonna fix this!

In fact, you have have way more than 1-2 seconds to turn your ship. You have a mini map and can see the planes coming, guess what... they have torps. So start turning before they drop. You will be amazed how many torps you can avoid by this. Also as a battleship, don't solorun. Use the chat and ask your friends in cruisers to assist you. Not only will the carrier captain happily attack any lonely battleship, he will also try to avoid any battleship guarded by cruisers which most likely have the defensive AA fire ability.

And speaking as a carrier captain, with the latest nerfs to carriers it's way harder to hit battleships good. Unless they don't use the mini map and don't turn until they see the torps. If they start taking evasive actions, the lower torp speed in the latest patches really makes it hard to hit with a good salvo. Yes it can be done, but it's really been changed in the battleship captains favor.

Btw, they also increased the activation range so now carriers can't drop so close anymore.

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
3,946 battles

[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

Players
54 posts
3,633 battles

[edited]

You can't afford my autograph.
Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,424 battles

[edited]

People have answered your points, in a helpful manner.... you are just too rude to accept the advice..... maybe go back and play Co OP?
Edited by BigBadVuk

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

[edited]

Learning to play before making threads like these would result in less people thinking you're an [censored].

"You then get 1-2 seconds to turn your ship"  <-- stopped reading there :fishpalm:

Edited by BigBadVuk

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
3,946 battles

[edited]

Edited by BigBadVuk

[HAWKS]
Players
60 posts
3,946 battles
[edited]
Edited by BigBadVuk

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

A simple search in the forum would have given you the answer you search:

Evade planes when you see them 8km away. Even if they only look in your direction start to evade. Don't wait until they attack you.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Early battleships have pretty poor AA and the chances of shooting down a plane isn't very high, it does go up rather quick later.

Thus, the best way to avoid getting hit by torpedo planes is to either:

1. Keep an eye on the minimap. Figure out where the enemy planes are heading, as soon as you seem heading towards you, start to evade. You may not evade all (it is possible) but you will at most maybe take 1 or 2 depending on how good the carrier player is.
  2. Staying with your team. The more ships together the more AA they got, and the more difficult is it for planes to get to you. You can thus decresse the chance of getting hit my making yourself a less inviting target.

The simple best thing to do is, keep an eye on the minimap. Where are your allies? Where are the enemy planes? Then you can really start to evade them.

As a battleship player having good situational awareness is important. Because your ship is slow and turn poorly, you have to act well in advance.

There, you got some nice helpfull tips and advice. 

Edite: Oh also, if you hold down left Ctrl and left click on an enemy squadron, you do an additional 50% more damage to them.

Edited by SBS
  • Cool 3

[-TXG-]
Players
2,376 posts

[edited]

Ha Ha, I think we can assume all the air craft carriers that find him such an easy kill get raging chat abuse aswell :teethhappy:  what a tit.
Edited by BigBadVuk

[SWE]
Alpha Tester
76 posts
3,535 battles

The thing is that it is not the torpedoes you should try to avoid. But the torpedo planes. As soon as you see them coming toward you start making evasive maneuvers, so watch the airplanes like torpedoes in the air kinda ...

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

As already explained you should have seen the planes comming and started turning before they dropped that way you should have had no problem

also i need to find my :popcorn:

Players
54 posts
8,189 battles

[edited]

Hi Allanagtig - read your post and felt your pain. It does happen at times that the opposing carrier player is really good and will get you in some intricate web of torps, or just as you say they know how to manual drop and you are side onto them.

Sadly the main defences you have are good AA (upgrade your ship), the rest of your team to hopefully cover you, and your positioning. Try and be face on to the torp bombers as much as possible (avoiding those pesky islands) and you have a much better chance of avoidance, and crucially they take longer to position so are being shot down for a longer period of time. Good luck.

Rest of you: See what I did there?

Edited by BigBadVuk

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

Hi Allanagtig - read your post and felt your pain. It does happen at times that the opposing carrier player is really good and will get you in some intricate web of torps, or just as you say they know how to manual drop and you are side onto them.

Sadly the main defences you have are good AA (upgrade your ship), the rest of your team to hopefully cover you, and your positioning. Try and be face on to the torp bombers as much as possible (avoiding those pesky islands) and you have a much better chance of avoidance, and crucially they take longer to position so are being shot down for a longer period of time. Good luck.

Rest of you: See what I did there?

[edited]

People have answered your points, in a helpful manner.... you are just too rude to accept the advice..... maybe go back and play Co OP?

I think the rest of us stopped caring for OP ;)
Edited by BigBadVuk
  • Cool 1

Players
54 posts
8,189 battles

I think the rest of us stopped caring for OP ;)

Understandably so as well :)

Maybe I am more patient, or haven't given up hope for the poor guy. I believe he can follow the simple advice in this thread!

Beta Tester
814 posts
13,599 battles

Also because your ship which is only one tier lower has such a trouble getting just ONE plane down.

A L2P issue if I've ever seen one.

p8yZHOJ.jpg

The game was played before patch 5.2 (Midway plane hp and drop radius nerf)

Now swallow your pride, apologize to all the nice people in the thread, admit you're wrong and only then you can start improving. I'll even give you some tips! :great:

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
581 posts
3,759 battles

Understandably so as well :)

Maybe I am more patient, or haven't given up hope for the poor guy. I believe he can follow the simple advice in this thread!

I admire your faith in humanity :)

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Well, being mean to OP isn't going to help him evade torpedoes better in the future and reduces the likelihood that he will listen to any advice.

He probably went up against a very good carrier player in his most recent game and got annihilated. Now he just wants to relief some stress.

Playing against good carrier players can definitely be very annoying, although CVs are not nearly as dangerous these days as they were in the past.

I recommend following the advice of SBS, he said everything that needed to be said. :)

Alpha Tester
3,274 posts
817 battles

It is not smart to start repetitive thread without search and then to start insulting players in there.

Closed