Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dragnorak

Stuck at Rank 10

20 comments in this topic

Players
534 posts
6,411 battles

I thought I would try my hand at ranked battles and flew through it to rank ten and now it's like I've hit a wall. It does not help that now I'm stuck as  BB captain with two ships I just hate (Colorado and North Carolina) I consider myself to be an average player with a KD ratio of 3.05, 58% victories and average damage per battle just shy of 70k but I just can't get past rank ten :( I win 3 stars and think here we go just one more and then lose two LOL :(

Has anyone else experienced this. I guess just keep plugging at it eh? Any tips?

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

The only tip is: keep playing. You got just 47 battles.

I've been stuck on rank 3 for past 3-4 days. Played almost 30 battles and I am at the same spot as if I just got to rank 3...

It's all about RNG and whether the MM will bless you with less braindead players :)

• Cool 2

Players
1,509 posts
10,533 battles

I'm nowhere near as good as your godly scores, but if you are that good, why not try your hand at destroyers for a change?

I climbed to rank 7 today in the Kiev :)

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

Ill keep chipping away at it then :)

How can I pay homage to the RNG Gods?

I've heard of people sacrificing chickens, goats, virgins, your choice :trollface:

[5D]
Weekend Tester
48 posts
8,631 battles

Don't feel BBs can influence a battle as much of DDs unfortunately so you are at the mercy of luck and getting a good team.  Having said that i play NC in ranked and am at R3 - don't listen to the people that tell you to angle+snipe.  The aim of the game is to ensure your DDs survive, the more you can do to help that the better, i try to get (fairly) close and kill cruisers and load the occasional HE if i get a chance at hitting a DD, any shots you can take at a DD - do it, even if only AP loaded, as they cannot heal so any damage you do to them is constant.

Stay away from terrain that DDs can torp you from, angle as best you can while trying to perform the above objectives, don't worry about having to take a citadel or 2 if it will get you a god shot in at killing a cruiser or DD.

[XFS]
[XFS]
Players
179 posts
10,952 battles

Happens mate I got to R7 3 stars needed one win to R6 Saturday had a good day,Sunday big time loss worst day so far in ramked now back to R9

I actualy Like the get on better with the Colorado (fully built up and good captain) DDs good tip as stated in other posts play agressive and not holding back sniping like alot do.

Edited by SDGsteve

Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,378 battles

Had a more or less straight run-through from R13 or so to R4 with 4 stars, then hit a huge losing streak putting me back to Rank 8 with zero stars. Now slowly working my way up, but seems I'm kind of stuck at rank 5, sometimes dropping down to 6 for a game or two, then back up to 5 again.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,076 battles

Still early days for me but am utterly frustrated with the 'toss the coin' chance of winning or losing. One battle from rank 10 then for some reason I attracted the Romans. One would go a'Roman in one direction, another a'Roman in another...... guaranteed losses and don't get me talking about AFK'ers hoping the rest of the team will gain a star for them.

2 cap points does not work as well either, why not back to 3 where the middle one is where you are all fighting over?

Got to go and find that coin again, this time I am calling heads......

Players
1,509 posts
10,533 battles

Still early days for me but am utterly frustrated with the 'toss the coin' chance of winning or losing. One battle from rank 10 then for some reason I attracted the Romans. One would go a'Roman in one direction, another a'Roman in another...... guaranteed losses and don't get me talking about AFK'ers hoping the rest of the team will gain a star for them.

2 cap points does not work as well either, why not back to 3 where the middle one is where you are all fighting over?

Got to go and find that coin again, this time I am calling heads......

Happened to me to mate. Twice in 5 games 1 game from rank 10, then dropped back to 14. 

Then a more or less straight run all the way to rank 5 now (i feel SO proud of my Premiere league flag!). Wish I could get rank 1 sometime, but I'm probably not good enough for that.

At least there are almost never idiots, bots and afks ruining my game anymore :)

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

Yep, the w/l/w/l/w... Can be quite frustrating... I'm stuck at lvl 5 for almost a hundred battles.

and there is not enough players at rank 5+ to have decent battles or waiting time... So the trick for the next season is to reach rank 1 at the beginning, after that it's not worth trying.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,256 posts
11,689 battles

I've been stuck on rank 3 for past 3-4 days. Played almost 30 battles and I am at the same spot as if I just got to rank 3...

It's all about RNG and whether the MM will bless you with less braindead players :)

Exactly this - it's breathtaking to see how many bad players just die their way up to rank 5+. I sincerely hope that they change their system for the next season that actually incorporates the level of contribution and teamplay done by the players, not just the decision by the MM who you get to play with.

Players
790 posts
2,278 battles

I thought I would try my hand at ranked battles and flew through it to rank ten and now it's like I've hit a wall. It does not help that now I'm stuck as  BB captain with two ships I just hate (Colorado and North Carolina) I consider myself to be an average player with a KD ratio of 3.05, 58% victories and average damage per battle just shy of 70k but I just can't get past rank ten :( I win 3 stars and think here we go just one more and then lose two LOL :(

Has anyone else experienced this. I guess just keep plugging at it eh? Any tips?

In BB you have to do at least 90-100k dmg to keep your WR at 60%. In higher ranks DDs winnig games. Im stuck at rank 3 cause of that. Few days ago i played 30 games and won just 2 stars. Too many brainless players made it on higher ranks. The fastest way how to make Rank 1 is in the first few days of season. 

Beta Tester
13 posts
2,286 battles

Exactly this - it's breathtaking to see how many bad players just die their way up to rank 5+. I sincerely hope that they change their system for the next season that actually incorporates the level of contribution and teamplay done by the players, not just the decision by the MM who you get to play with.

What I find breathtaking is how many players think that you can somehow get carried to high tiers. And that ranked mm should favour them.

Players
790 posts
2,278 battles

Its naive just think about that. WG is known for their noob friendly attitude. At least they should put divison for 2 players in RB. I will never play RB solo again in my life. Its much more painful than playing solo random. 
Edited by skvido

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
2,328 posts
5,725 battles

I made it to rank 3 with my first battle of yesterday and then had 6 straight defeats and ended up back at 5.  I even quit after 3 losses and came back a few hours later to rack up the next 3 - not even a break could help me:(

To be honest I made a couple of small mistakes, but it seemed that my team was full of people making small mistakes that resulted in death.  But games with 9 DDs, 1 CA and 2 BBs are ridiculous.  In a BB there you don't dictate the outcome.  When your next game had 'only' 8 DDs in then you know it is time to sack it off.

Players
534 posts
6,411 battles

Don't feel BBs can influence a battle as much of DDs unfortunately so you are at the mercy of luck and getting a good team.  Having said that i play NC in ranked and am at R3 - don't listen to the people that tell you to angle+snipe.  The aim of the game is to ensure your DDs survive, the more you can do to help that the better, i try to get (fairly) close and kill cruisers and load the occasional HE if i get a chance at hitting a DD, any shots you can take at a DD - do it, even if only AP loaded, as they cannot heal so any damage you do to them is constant.

Stay away from terrain that DDs can torp you from, angle as best you can while trying to perform the above objectives, don't worry about having to take a citadel or 2 if it will get you a god shot in at killing a cruiser or DD.

Ah ok. I do try to go right at them in battle as of course my accuracy increases a lot but I often then find myself out on my own with no support.

So do you think I should just switch my focus and stick close to my DD's and kill all the cruisers first and then start targeting BB's while my DDs snipe at them them? I do fire at all DD's when I get the chance.

To the guy that said my stats are Good. Ive not compared them so have no reference and to be honest I thought I was an average to crapplayer ROFL and this was why I can't get past rank ten.

[FKD-O]
Players
245 posts
8,711 battles

I'm at Rank 10 too, but for some reason when I click on "Battle" Nothing happens?

[5D]
Weekend Tester
48 posts
8,631 battles

Ah ok. I do try to go right at them in battle as of course my accuracy increases a lot but I often then find myself out on my own with no support.

So do you think I should just switch my focus and stick close to my DD's and kill all the cruisers first and then start targeting BB's while my DDs snipe at them them? I do fire at all DD's when I get the chance.

To the guy that said my stats are Good. Ive not compared them so have no reference and to be honest I thought I was an average to crapplayer ROFL and this was why I can't get past rank ten.

Pretty much, don't go too close though, personally i equipped all secondary mods too 6.8km range secondaries is nice against DDs.

[FKD-O]
Players
245 posts
8,711 battles

I'm so low on the scale, due to *Lags/disconnections AND the worst of the worst thing BAD PLAYERS, Team killed/ers, it almost makes the game a joke OR shows how bad the world/ppl are/is turning out to be. Wish they'd sort the turning my ship when I'm turning my guns bug out ...

Sign in to follow this