MrConway

Public Test General Feedback

90 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,142 posts
2,240 battles

Please leave any general feedback on the public test 0.5.2 in this thread.

If your feedback is concerning on of the following topics, please leave it in the thread linked below.

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

It might be a little in advance, but based on my experience with the former public-test, and with special regards to the one up ahead: when will it be possible to test premium ships? Especially the ones considered as "rare"?

They haven´t been available so far, and although there will be a focus on testing "permanent camouflage" for this one, i don´t expect the rare premium ships to be availabe again.

Not only will it provide valuable input and feedback up on the new permanent camos, they will aswell give players the opportunity to try out ships they otherwise will have to buy in premium shop with bundles.

Considering the recent discussions in these forums, testdriving those premium ships might be good opportunity to leave a positive impression on player willing to purchase them.

Just an idea.

Players
134 posts
12,831 battles

Not sure it's on my side, but i downloaded everything but launcher keeps giving an error? Can't log in for some reason :( 

Ahum my bad only up on 15 december.. sry

Edited by GaCommanderGice

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

I hope this is the right place for this, but I just wanted to ask, if when introducing this patch on the live server, to please NOT sell all items in the depot!

I have a 3 million credit item that I would NOT like to sell for 1.5 million, but keep until I have my Gearing and can install it on that.
That was the one thing that jumped out from the announcement:

"After the release of Update 0.5.2, the first launch of the game will automatically result in the sale of all modules stocked in the depot in accordance with these new rules. This will result in a significant credit compensation for many players."

Please just give us the option to sell or just hold on to the items in the depot, I would hate to lose 1.5 million credits..

• Cool 2

[PRAVD]
Beta Tester
302 posts
8,182 battles

I hope this is the right place for this, but I just wanted to ask, if when introducing this patch on the live server, to please NOT sell all items in the depot!

I have a 3 million credit item that I would NOT like to sell for 1.5 million, but keep until I have my Gearing and can install it on that.

"After the release of Update 0.5.2, the first launch of the game will automatically result in the sale of all modules stocked in the depot in accordance with these new rules. This will result in a significant credit compensation for many players."

Please just give us the option to sell or just hold on to the items in the depot, I would hate to lose 1.5 million credits..

if you mean equipment for extra 10% stealth, rest safe, forced sale is meant to modules from the tree, like guns, torps engines or planes...

[PORT]
Modder
1,493 posts
10,990 battles

Because the last time after some days there were only Yamatos and Midways driving around :trollface:

• Cool 1

[AMOK]
Players
89 posts
12,892 battles

1. Please add all Premium Ships for Testing - so the Players may buy it for the real server ;) (Tirpiz& other stuff)

2.  Clear Sky is no longer avaible? I had 38 Kills in my midway and didn't get it.

Clear Sky.jpg

Upload Skipped (Security Error)

What?! IS that

Players
39 posts
1,655 battles

thankyou wargaming for this wonderfull oppertunity , everything ,once again, sounds exciting and great !! I am so happy to see all this stuff in test and the upcoming updates with the new female anime commanders w/speech,,i am totally excited about all the ideas and updates and I am looking forward to seeing them appied in game :)

keep up the good work wargaming staff

faithfully

tatiyana (the fighting lady)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
103 posts
2,355 battles

***Finally got it sorted! So please ignore***

Is the test server down at the moment? (as of 18:27GMT) I can't seem to log on at all, even though I've followed the instructions, created an account and still can't get on... 

Edited by The_Duke_Of_Hammertime

Players
881 posts
12,650 battles

- Yorcks ap ammo ist still extremely slow flying

- Nürnbergs stern ist still above the waterline most of the time

Edited by 3murmeln
  • Cool 1

Players
1 post

***Finally got it sorted! So please ignore***

Is the test server down at the moment? (as of 18:27GMT) I can't seem to log on at all, even though I've followed the instructions, created an account and still can't get on... 

me too tried 3 accounts and reset passwords and all the time give me error incorrect email or password 

and iam logging in wows original correctly

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,475 battles

me too tried 3 accounts and reset passwords and all the time give me error incorrect email or password 

and iam logging in wows original correctly

You need a special PT Account.

Players
320 posts

Yes, sometimes i want to sell items. Sometimes i want to keep them. What i really need is some depot option where i can see what modules i have and be able to use, store, buy or sell them.

Not sure it's on my side, but i downloaded everything but launcher keeps giving an error? Can't log in for some reason :( 

Ahum my bad only up on 15 december.. sry

Well it's 16 december...

"unable to download updates via http"

I deleted my old test client and installed the new one. In the end of the installation i got this critical error saying it can't connect using http and doesn't update. I can load the game but with only 2 ships. The other ships are greyed out saying the ship will be available when download finishes... i used the link on top to resume download with same error. I did the usual stuff, start as admin, restart, enabled in firewall, etc but i always have this error.

I think these are the relevant lines in error log (there's more warnings but maybe the log file is too big to post) Someone else having this issue?

15/12/2015 23:54:54          Getting patch files via http...
15/12/2015 23:54:54          send http request(attempt: 1). file: "wows_52.136073_52.135444_sdcontent.patch", size: 61808399, url: "http://dl2.wargaming.net/wows_a/projects/PT/ru/patches/5.2_9234ndsaq/wows_52.136073_52.135444_sdcontent.patch"
15/12/2015 23:54:54  WARNING:    http request failed. what: http request error, msg: Invalid content length. full_size: 61808399.000000, requested_size: 0.000000, content_len: 61028430.000000

Edited by MS_Surface

[ASEET]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,040 battles

Makes me feel bad that I have to grind all over again from the start on pt. No reason to test because I can just play on regular servers to gain proper things on my main acc. I just want to test all the new maps, nerfs etc. and give my opinions, but I can't do that since progression is so slow.

EDIT: Just realized that there were new flags and things that add up to your exp gain. Hope that they will bring more free exp or better 1st day wins so I can get all the ships and test the ones that are buffed/nerfed.

Edited by Skiie

[1378]
Beta Tester
3 posts
11,949 battles

Hello

Happy with the test so far, but i am wondering where the surprise mission has gone!? End date was 22-12 if i recall correctly.

Will do some more testing next few days and leave feedback

Players
134 posts
12,831 battles

I may have found a bug, i was sailing with my Yamato and someone was next to me and we're killing whole team of bots.

We're the last two and recovering from batteling, only a enemy Yamato is left far away so i push my repairparty it showed like 60% recovery it went to repair damage, but almost nothing happend.

I tried another time coz i have a captain with 18 points so could repair the damage i newly got from Yamato, again nothing seemed to happen?

Normally i'll replay Wows, but ofc i forgot to put replays on on Public test server, so not sure if this is helping developers.

[ARS]
Players
340 posts
4,615 battles

Admiral Hipper still has no atlantic steven nor the new funnel - please fix

[ARS]
Players
340 posts
4,615 battles

The sounds, I doubt they are close to reality when a real Bismark Class was firing a salvo with the main battery.

Beta Tester
18 posts
4,027 battles

Suddenly the rewards have been added to the testaccount! So all is good now :)

Rly? I didn't get anything so far 

Players
744 posts
7,393 battles

Wondered if there were any plans to add a european port?

Seems like an oversight as we dont have an appropriate port setting for russian or german (or ultimately RN) ships.

Edited by ShuggieHamster

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
61 posts
5,974 battles

Rly? I didn't get anything so far 

I think you have first to get to lvl 5 or 6 before they are unlocked - 100.000.000cr and 1.000.000 exp or so.

*edit: Ah you meant especially the rewards, nm then.

Edited by XueLong