Sign in to follow this  
MrConway

Karma System

13 comments in this topic

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,791 posts
13,443 battles

The system is quite useful. But I had to look way too long to find my score (as GaCommanderGice said: it can be found on the profile summery screen, but only as a tiny, tiny superscript number after your profile name). The score definitely has to be more visible and more accessible, maybe similar to the current rank of this season (upper left, port screen). Otherwise noone will care and a lot of people won't know about it.

Beta Tester
11 posts
3,252 battles

Really, negative Karma should drop you to PvE games with no ability to choose between any other mode unless you complete all those PvE missions with understanding what your class is capable off.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Really, negative Karma should drop you to PvE games with no ability to choose between any other mode unless you complete all those PvE missions with understanding what your class is capable off.

No. People will give much more negative than positive votes and lot of them would be "you didn't do what i wanted you to do, REPORT YOU!!!". Not being able to go to negative is one saving grace of the system, which frankly shouldn't be implemented at all (maybe except info about being reported or praised).
  • Cool 6

[POP]
Players
167 posts
3,199 battles

No. People will give much more negative than positive votes and lot of them would be "you didn't do what i wanted you to do, REPORT YOU!!!". Not being able to go to negative is one saving grace of the system, which frankly shouldn't be implemented at all (maybe except info about being reported or praised).

I wouldn't be so sure. If some rewards from positive karma get implemented, I would expect that players will eventually start giving also positive feedback. Also it is unlikely that you get negative feedback, unless you often draw attention to yourself by complaining/bad mouthing in the chat.

Certainly there are plenty of corner cases in karma system; giving feedback UI needs to be redesigned, some players will give random negative feedback, friends would give positive feedback to each other etc. So for sure karma system can go wrong multiple ways, but deep down I believe it has potential.

In a utopian WoWS bad karma players would be more often matched to play together to enjoy their common preference of raging and crying. Good karma players would more often be matched together to encourage team play, communication and honest compliments of good performance.

Edited by makhot

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Also it is unlikely that you get negative feedback, unless you often draw attention to yourself by complaining/bad mouthing in the chat.

Unfortunately, it isn't true. Having as much battles as yourself you should see already how many players are bashed verbally with not enough reason or without the reason at all. And it's so much simpler to just push the button.

No, when implementing something as karma system in such game, adding some penalties that would be solely dependant on subjective feelings of other players would be a bad move.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Players
167 posts
3,199 battles

Unfortunately, it isn't true. Having as much battles as yourself you should see already how many players are bashed verbally with not enough reason or without the reason at all. And it's so much simpler to just push the button.

No, when implementing something as karma system in such game, adding some penalties that would be solely dependant on subjective feelings of other players would be a bad move.

So far I have seen targeted personal bashing without prior intimidation only very rarely, I believe only a few times. The common is "noob team no support" from the dead players, but nothing personal towards anyone. Nevertheless penalties shouldn't be included, as I mentioned it would be great only in utopia. However some minor rewards from positive karma should be included to encourage positive behavior.

[FALCO]
[FALCO]
Players
56 posts

90% players don`t know how to use karma system of find it,  10% know it.

DO and make easy way to points karma to each match round .

Simpel ather round win/lose stats on name  button give karma  Easy for to see and use.

Old way 90% don`t know it.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,678 posts
5,569 battles

In addition to the usual "noob team no support" reports from dead players that thought their BB was a perfect choice to sail straight into an obvious trap, you also have to deal with "aim bot hax!" from enemy players that think it's impossible to shoot a ship that's sat still.

Woe betide you if you kill anyone ("kill stealer!"), if you kill more than 2 ships you're clearly cheating.

If you do all the capping and spotting but don't actually have a kill to your name you're useless, and similarly if you end up as the last player because your team evaporated then you're useless too if you didn't manage to kill 5 people single handedly.

Let's not forget that capping a Base at all will earn you the ire of the "no cap kill all!" Crowd, and that's before you get randomly reported for being polish/british/a known streamer.

In wot arty players suffer from being mass reported simply for using arty, and people who are purple on xvm regularly suffer being reported from people who do it because "obviously they must be cheating"

• Cool 4

Players
120 posts
4,154 battles

In addition to the usual "noob team no support" reports from dead players that thought their BB was a perfect choice to sail straight into an obvious trap, you also have to deal with "aim bot hax!" from enemy players that think it's impossible to shoot a ship that's sat still.

Woe betide you if you kill anyone ("kill stealer!"), if you kill more than 2 ships you're clearly cheating.

If you do all the capping and spotting but don't actually have a kill to your name you're useless, and similarly if you end up as the last player because your team evaporated then you're useless too if you didn't manage to kill 5 people single handedly.

Let's not forget that capping a Base at all will earn you the ire of the "no cap kill all!" Crowd, and that's before you get randomly reported for being polish/british/a known streamer.

In wot arty players are correctly being mass reported simply for being arty scumbags, and people who are purple on xvm regularly suffer being reported from people who do it because they are totally jealous and couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

[KEBAB]
[KEBAB]
Players
20 posts

Good Karma should get you at the end of the year a better chance for special gifts from Secret Santa. Premium Ships and such.

Also "if" the Karma system works, it should offer better accuracy max 2% for the Players (with good karma standing) ships Guns and such.

And for those with low social behaviors exactly the same spread shoots as their loudmouths are.

• Cool 1