MrConway

Permanent Camouflage

19 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,159 posts
2,248 battles

Please leave your feedback regarding the new permanent camouflage here.

[PORT]
Modder
1,493 posts
11,001 battles

+ I really like the idea of making your favorites ship "premium"

- more Money instead of XP would be even cooler

- it looks ugly as fog :hiding:

edit: ok, just on the cleve. Atlanta and the russians look way better.

Camo1.jpg

Edited by Smeggo

Players
164 posts
2,835 battles

could anyone post a screenshot of rare premium ships camo, if they can? i, for some reason, have the Tirpitz, Warspite, and Fujin, but when i log in to the test server i don't have them there (as well as any other premium ship i own).don't know why. i'd really want to see how the Warspite looks like. so far i love the Atlanta and Aurora camo, Murmansk looks... weird, if not utterly silly. my only hope is that Fujin will have a choice of different camo, not the idiotic Halloween one (but judging from the Cleveland one i think i should prepare myself for the worst)..

Modder, Supertester
1,235 posts
8,142 battles

could anyone post a screenshot of rare premium ships camo, if they can? i, for some reason, have the Tirpitz, Warspite, and Fujin, but when i log in to the test server i don't have them there (as well as any other premium ship i own).don't know why. i'd really want to see how the Warspite looks like. so far i love the Atlanta and Aurora camo, Murmansk looks... weird, if not utterly silly. my only hope is that Fujin will have a choice of different camo, not the idiotic Halloween one (but judging from the Cleveland one i think i should prepare myself for the worst)..

You can't acces ships like tirpitz or Warspite. Thats normal because you have to create a seperate account for the public test server.

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

Permacamo for premium ships is very nice, and the +50%xp is like "crew accelerated training" plus more xp to convert, so it's a win/win :)

• Cool 1

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,561 battles

It's the same pattern for all non-premiums. In other words, ugly as sin.

I wonder why they picked this pattern, right on the heels of people gouging their eyes out at the New Years camo... All this talk of historical camos, and we get this. Technically speaking this might be WGs problem though, as I really think it will impact the amount of people that want to fork over 1500 dubloons. Do you really want to pay that much for something that is quite simply ugly? Some will, as always, but I think there are a fairly big group that would have otherwise but won't with this.

As a consequence of the repeated historical camo comments we have been getting, my hope is that it will be a free optional camo (maybe as a regular silver camo like Type 1 and 2).

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,561 battles

Maybe this is just a camo-placeholder.

One can hope, and I do... Though it is reasonably complex as is. Seems like someone went to some work to create it.

But change the colours a bit and it might not be half bad. I mean the pattern will still be reasonably poor, however if it was blue, white and black/grey it might work. In fact there are several options that would make it better than what we see now.

Quality Poster
3,368 posts
8,384 battles

Perma Camo for premium ships:

Design: Up to now, I've seen the camos of Ishizuchi (+), Murmansk (++), Atlanta (+) and Mikhail (+) and would rate them good (+) to very good (++). But, taste is debatable.

Features: The +30% XP for lower and +50% XP for higher tiers are good. As for the reduction values, it should be players choice if he wants -3% detection range or -4% chance of getting hit, independent of the ships class.

Perma Camo for non-premium ships:

Design: Well, as mentioned above, please let that be a place holder! 

Features: see premium ships

Cost: 1500 is too much for what you get. 1/3 is acceptable.

Overall: A proposal would be, that a player just buys the slot "Permanent Camo" for a ship. He then gets to decide 1) which reduction he wants and 2a) can select the design of the ships camo from a predefined pool of designs. Additionally the player could 2b) change the design of the camo whenever he wants (maybe more designs will be added later on).

The idea of perma camo in general is good.

Greetings

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
2,835 battles

well, saw the perma camo on a non-premium ship yesterday. ugh. i will not buy that for any of my regular ships. never. ever. no chance. at all. i mean, it looks like a 3 year old designed it, which may be great for the 3 year old fella, but why in the hell we can not get something that would at least slightly resemble the historical WW2 camo patterns? this game is, after all, supposed to be about WW2 ships. and i sincerely doubt that any captain in WW2 would be so stupid to put something like that on his ship..

• Cool 2

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,230 posts
7,055 battles

i second this, in wot i have perma camo on all tanks (quite a significant number of them) however here i will skip it for now, since it seems so ugly

also it would be nice to have option to choose both accuracy or visibility camo, since I want ninja Atago; and i am not alone

Edited by von_chom

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

Simply hideous.. *hiss*

It looks, if possible, even worse than the 'holiday season' camo.

If anyone can post a few more screenshots, I'd really appreciate it as well, or can we get a quote from a dev if other camo patterns will be available as permanent as well?

Because I have to say, this looks really bad and afaik, is not historical, it is more reminiscent of WW1 camo.

I am very excited about this update, in part because of the permanent camo.

I've suggested elsewhere, to just keep the default camo at least for premiums and just change the stats on the ships to what they would be with camo.

Lower detectability for carriers and destroyers, less accuracy for cruisers and battleships, as I think most people would choose those options.
They are, afaik, historical, certainly for Tirpitz and the camo on Atago is simply beautiful and it is a waste (of money and of the time the graphics artists spent working on it) to paint them over.

You could even give us the option of turning on the other camouflage patterns, with the appropriate buffs, as long as it debuffs the standard pattern, so those players that want their BB spotted a second later than usual can still have that.

Premiums are expensive enough as they are and are one of the ways this game is funded, so it would be a nice gesture to those of us supporting the game.

Being able to buy permanent camo sounds like an acceptable alternative, as long as it is not too expensive.

If the price is going to be 1500 gold, that is ridiculously steep and then I won't be using it as I can at simply grind for credits to buy the normal camo.

And if the permanent camo will make my eyes bleed, then no, I won't be spending any money on it, even if the price is acceptable.

I would be very disappointed if this feature, that I was very excited about when I read it was going to be added, was implemented in such a way that it would be very expensive, hideous, or both.

I like Allied_Winter's idea as well:

"Overall: A proposal would be, that a player just buys the slot "Permanent Camo" for a ship. He then gets to decide 1) which reduction he wants and 2a) can select the design of the ships camo from a predefined pool of designs. Additionally the player could 2b) change the design of the camo whenever he wants (maybe more designs will be added later on)."

Conclusion: something that combines maximum flexibility for the player would certainly be ideal, tastes and play styles may differ widely among such a large player base and the price should certainly not be too steep.

• Cool 2

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,015 battles

Video with all camo for premium ships:

Here is some feedback from what I've seen so far.

Firstly, i know that Destroyers and Iwaki Alpha will get the Type1 effect and all the rest of the ships get the Type2 effect.

I think that many players prefer to use Type1 camo on cruisers, especially IJN ones.
I believe that we should have the option to choose for ourselves what type is best for us and not be predetermined for each class.

Secondly, the Xmas permanent camo is very very ugly! I can't believe anyone would choose to pay hundreds of Doubloons to see their ship painted like that.
Why can't we use the new type4 that was given as reward for rank 1? That pattern and colors are good. Especially for something permanent.

Thirdly, premium ship camos look very nice and they are a very good addition the game. I would prefer if it though if each premium ship had a completely unique one.
Now, Tone with Yubari, Kamikaze with Kitakami and Murmansk with Kutuzov are extremely similar.

One notable exception to this are Aurora and Imperator Nikolai I. I think their camo pattern is very bad and greatly un-appealing.

Please consider changing this camo. Aurora could have the light grey we usually see on her and Imperator a darker one.
Isizuchi could use a rework too.

That was my 2cents, I hope i helped and maybe some developer sees this. Cheers!

• Cool 2

Players
2,743 posts
15,621 battles

regarding the permanent cammos on the premium ships

players should be able to decide if they want type 1 or type 2 effect wouldnt be so hard to just have 2x camos to chose frome ingame ....

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

Sonic, thank you for posting this!

If the price is going to be as high as 1500, I wouldn't be interested except maybe on a tier X or two, but at least they don't look hideous, but as far as I can tell are historical patterns.

The pattern on Warspite looks interesting.

Gojuadorai, I like your suggestion, adding two versions of the same camo, with different stats, that would be easy to implement and satisfy most people.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Quality Poster
1,666 posts
8,514 battles

Well, I unlocked camouflage on the test server and noticed the permanent camouflage is the default pattern on premiums, is used by default and replenished for free.

So if that is the way it will be implemented, that would be great, that would basically be exactly what I asked for myself. :)

There will be some people who would like a different stat boost, so having two versions of it would cater to them as well.

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,956 battles

The pattern on Warspite looks interesting.

btw the pattern is the historical one Warspite had in her serving time

[FALCO]
[FALCO]
Players
56 posts

Video with all camo for premium ships:

Secondly, the Xmas permanent camo is very very ugly! I can't believe anyone would choose to pay hundreds of Doubloons to see their ship painted like that.

Why can't we use the new type4 that was given as reward for rank 1? That pattern and colors are good. Especially for something permanent.

1000000000000% True UGLY look