bazzarac

Inconsistant loadingtimes

4 comments in this topic

[CXFDK]
Players
71 posts
3,751 battles

This one has me confused.

Sometimes i load in a battle quick, have 15-20 secs of setting up, looking around etc.

Sometimes i don't load in till maybe 20-30 seconds into the game.

This confuses me to no end, i could understand if i was consistently slow/fast, but why the huge difference?

I have a decent gameing rig, nothing fancy, but it runs fallout 4 in highest setting, and same for other newish games, like FFXIV on ultra setting etc, certainly it shouldn't have a problem with wows.

Once in game all is good, but the loading is always inconsistent.

Bazz

Masta Slacka

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,400 battles

First battles in any session will take longer because all level assets have to be decompressed and loaded for the first time. Decompressed assets are kept in cache during a session, so subsequent loading times will be shorter proportional to the amount of assets already cached. 

Players
883 posts
12,668 battles

First battles in any session will take longer because all level assets have to be decompressed and loaded for the first time. Decompressed assets are kept in cache during a session, so subsequent loading times will be shorter proportional to the amount of assets already cached. 

Compressed? You're kidding!

If things were compressed the game wouldn't need 16.7 Gig on the harddrive and take forever to load...

[SCRUB]
Players
7,307 posts
9,577 battles

Compressed? You're kidding!

If things were compressed the game wouldn't need 16.7 Gig on the harddrive and take forever to load...

There's compression and then there's compression.

Either way game assets have to be loaded into memory upon first call, but are readily available thereafter for subsequent matches.

Sign in to follow this