Sign in to follow this  
chib1977

lighthouse map

8 comments in this topic

[CCUK]
Beta Tester
128 posts
4,348 battles

Anyone who has played in tier 6+ on WoWp should know this map ,an i think it would work really well here too ,add in a rolling mist from the ocean side an you would have a nice stormy sea map ,two brothers which is englishy based is missing the awful weather ,needs rain an that grim halflight we uk residents love so much.....

Players
207 posts
2,514 battles

Can't really comment on that specific map as I've never played WoWP, but just as a general observation, yeah, I think a bit more in the way of weather effects would add a lot of atmosphere to the game.

Edited by Jagdpants_666

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

Can't really comment on that specific map as I've never played WoWP, but just as a general observation, yeah, I think a bit more in the way of weather effects would add a lot of atmosphere to the game.

There have been edited configurations posted for some maps adding fog and waves but it's a hard balance because the fog makes seeing ships a lot harder. Since environmental settings have so much influence, I'm a bit scared that if added to vanilla game some players will mod the levels to remove the fog and gain noticeable advantages over others.

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/13940-shepburs-not-list-emporium/page__pid__250640#entry250640

Players
207 posts
2,514 battles

Yeah, I was thinking from a purely aestethic point of view, I mean implementing it is not without its problems - the most obvious one being that low visibility such as from fog or heavy rain(or just darkness) would hurt some ships a lot more than others, throwing off the game balance. Also, rough seas would obviously make aiming a hassle, but that at least would affect everyone more equally. But yes, if you could mod away the effects, that'd be an obvious and tempting cheat for many.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

No increased wave size is purely cosmetical and has no effect on gameplay/aiming. The engine is not configured that way, even with the small waves we have in game now we should notice pitching and rolling and well we don't ;)

Players
207 posts
2,514 battles

No increased wave size is purely cosmetical and has no effect on gameplay/aiming. The engine is not configured that way, even with the small waves we have in game now we should notice pitching and rolling and well we don't ;)

Ah yeah, to clarify I was talking hypothetically about if actual wave motion and its effects were implemented in the game. I'm aware they're not, and likely never will be.

Still, how cool would it be if you could have a battle in a full North Atlantic winter storm?

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,084 battles

Ah yeah, to clarify I was talking hypothetically about if actual wave motion and its effects were implemented in the game. I'm aware they're not, and likely never will be.

Still, how cool would it be if you could have a battle in a full North Atlantic winter storm?

Basically it would not be fun at all, remember we now have +-30% hit ratio ( lower on BB's ) and that would drop so much if this was implemented the game would turn into frustration rather than fun. 

Weather effects would be cool and add immersion but they have to be added in a way which isn't going to be abused and also they put a far heavier strain on pc's and RU region has many players with less then current hardware so they don't want to exclude those players. 

Players
749 posts
9,254 battles

would like to see bigger waves even if just cosmetic. didnt want to use aslains mod for that though.

weather ie a squall could be defining feature on a map and played accordingly. probably need playtested a lot to see how it affects the game... ie dd's hiding in heavy rain/low vis, planes have reduced effectiveness. might just turn into an area denial feature but it would be interesting to see what the dynamic on the game would be. also might be a sod on the graphics

Edited by ShuggieHamster

Sign in to follow this