Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wavecave

"Premium battles"?

13 comments in this topic

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles

it would be nice if we could purchase premium for a specific amount of battles in case we need to take a break, if an emergency pops up or sometimes you don't want to play because the recent patch introduced a bug and you'd prefer to wait until it's fixed (think of the AP bug with battleships last month). there are more examples i can bring up but you get the point hopefully.

or how about premium time being for in-game hours only? so if you're in a match and you finish it in 14 minutes, you lose 14 minutes from your premium time?

edit: they should offer both this and premium time.

premium time can be bought by enthusiasts while "premium battles" can' be bought by casuals like me

Edited by Wavecave
  • Cool 2

Players
2,279 posts
6,034 battles

Maybe youre right... But I think that it is highly unlikely that WG will change the way their Premium time works as it is a very succesful way of income. 

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,594 battles

That is practically what some of the flags do right? But i ve never bought flags so i dont know if thats a viable strategy.

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,233 posts
7,096 battles

wot personal reserves....

imho its just a matter of time when it reaches wows also

tho its not exactly what you want, but its close

Personal Reserves

We have also worked to implement a “Booster System” of Personal Reserves!

If you want to train Crew faster or grind down a line quickly with additional experience from each fight, you can now earn and activate specific reserve “boosters" which give you the opportunity to gain more rewards or lower repair costs for any tank you play with in Random Battles while the reserve is active!

The following three types of Personal Reserves will be available to players: Increased Crew Experience, Increased Combat Experience, and Additional Free Experience.

How Do I Earn a Personal Reserve?

Personal Reserves are earned when a player completes specific missions, which will become visible in the Missions tab once they are activated, and can be completed only in Random Battles. Once a mission is completed, the Personal Reserves that you earn are available for a limited time.

How Do I Activate a Personal Reserve?

Click on your nickname in the Garage heading and select available Personal Reserves.

Personal Reserves vary in type depending on the scale of the booster. The more difficult the mission, the larger the boost will be!

1. Small (0-7.5%)
  2. Medium (7.5-12.5%)
  3. Large (over 12.5%)

It is important to note that Personal Reserves are only effective in Random Battles and last for a limited time after activation. Up to three Personal Reserves can be active at a time, and if a Reserve expires during battle, the player will not receive the boost.

Also, reserves of the same type do not stack. For example, if you activate two Personal Reserves for an experience boost, only the smaller boost will apply. If a 5% boost and a 12% are activated at the same time, only the 5% boost will apply. Additional gain from Personal Reserves is displayed in a separate line within post-battle statistics.

edit : first , you were able to get those by missions only, but later they put it in shop for limited time

Edited by von_chom

Players
720 posts
8,665 battles

This has been suggested/requested regularly on the WoT forum for the last 4 years. So, even though it's a good idea that many would appreciate. I wouldn't build your hopes up.

Alpha Tester
2,502 posts

That is practically what some of the flags do right? But i ve never bought flags so i dont know if thats a viable strategy.

yes or the halloween or christmas camo, which is sooo expensive :/
Edited by OttoKretschmer

Alpha Tester
1,102 posts
2,442 battles

In "the other game from China", there is a similar mechanic. You either purchase premium time, like in WG titles, or you buy "premium battles". Like with premium time, they offer different bundles for premium battles. The interesting feature with those battles, compared to the premium time, is the fact that premium time gives a 50% bonus to xp and income, while the premium battle gives a 100% bonus to both. This is however kind of balanced by the fact, that premium battles are reasonable more expensive, compared to premium time. The system, however, seems to work.

Many of my former WoWs comerades, all of them alpha and beta veterans, now throw their money like lunatics at that game. They created a clan/fleet and purchased several packs and high tier premium ships and invest their ingame money on these premium battles, because they consider this more efficient/valuable compared to just buying a day/week/month of premium. Okay, some already purchased 180 days of premium aswell, but... yeah...

From my point of view, WG should react quickly with enhancing their own product. WG cannot afford to say "hey, we are number one" with a product flawed with this infamous pricing policy and broken ingame mechanics.

Premium battles will only be a very, very, very small step into the right direction. However, any small step into the right direction as a good one...

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles

wargaming will definitely receive more money if they offer both of these options

i guess they're too busy with bundles until there's no turning back

[SCRUB]
Players
7,556 posts
9,775 battles

Premium time should just be ingame hours. 4hrs of ingame time instead of a 24hrs regardless of time spend ingame. 24hrs ingame time instead of 7 days.

4hrs is plenty enough for a lot matches, ~11 games if they go slow, more if they don't. And 24hrs of pure gametime (think ~50 games) is a lot more attractive service than a week that goes by regardless of you playing. Things happen, gotta go substitute for a colleague at work for a day or two, have friends drag you outside to party, etc. pp. a.k.a. time not spend playing during the time window you paid for.

Convenience is a service too, one whose value is not to underestimated.

So even if I could theoretically play a lot more than ~50 matches during a week if I had nothing else to do and would thus profit from a week-long subscription, the certainty of having 24hrs worth of gametime has its own worth.

I wouldn't pay for a week of premium as I'm studying and working a little job aside to finance all that, so my schedule isn't exactly always predictable and I spent more time away from the PC in the week than in front of it (and the time that I do spend on my PC isn't only for gaming), but 24hrs pure gametime to be segmented/used up as I please and can? That'd be a sale. WG could ask me on the spot and I'd pay the ~5€ (equivalent to the single week premium deal) just like that from my pocket.

[RNF]
Beta Tester
2 posts
7,345 battles

How about this (will nether happen).  You buy say 30 days Premium, on the days you log into the game, if it be 30 seconds or the whole day that is 1 days premuim used.  If you dont log in for 30 days you still have those 30 days you paid for.   However this is wargaming whos micro transactions are the same as a AAA tittle.  At the end of the day the players online are dropping drastically, guess this is why they have upped the price of Premium ships (in case no one noticed).  

[TTT]
Supertester
3,653 posts
13,765 battles

[...]  At the end of the day the players online are dropping drastically, [...]

Yeah this is why we've had 20k+ users during prime time any day consistenly for the last few weeks etc...

Premium account for one year costs 80,39€, that is roughly 6,70€ per month. And it's optional, you can play everything without premium account.

Edited by Takru
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this