T0rad

Accuracy mode in Iowa

7 comments in this topic

[SAP]
Players
216 posts
2,054 battles

Hello, 

i just got my Iowa and wanted to ask you, fellow keyboard captains, if the main battery accuracy mode for Iowa is worth the 3 mil. As i dont have enough time to play, and you cannot buy 1 hour premium, im always thin on silvers. Is is, maybe, worth more than other upgrades of her? :child:

Thank you for your advice

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,640 battles

The RNG today beats any actually noticable benefit of needing an accuracy modification on a BB, the same goes for AA and secondary arnament mods.

thow my set up on Iowa is:

-main battery mod 1(-detonation chance);

-gun fire contor (accuracy)

-rudder shift time (or damage control 2);

-acquisition system;

-damage ontrol 1;

-last slot is totaly up to you (i have AA).

• Cool 1

[SAP]
Players
216 posts
2,054 battles

thank you. I also have majority of them, AA too, but the accuracy slot empty at the time and also im not sure about the aquisition mode (heard that it might get reworked to spot torps also). Ill stick with accuracy too 

[5D]
Weekend Tester
48 posts
8,612 battles

The RNG today beats any actually noticable benefit of needing an accuracy modification on a BB, the same goes for AA and secondary arnament mods.

thow my set up on Iowa is:

-main battery mod 1(-detonation chance);

-gun fire contor (accuracy)

-rudder shift time (or damage control 2);

-acquisition system;

-damage ontrol 1;

-last slot is totaly up to you (i have AA).

Seems a bit odd to take main battery mod 1, since the Iowa has good casemate armour it is unlikely to be penetrated and cause a detonation.

[SAP]
Players
216 posts
2,054 battles

and what would you take in that slot? because once main batterys lost (may happen if enemy crosses you) you cant do much more. but without some secondaries, or some AA, you still can fulfill your main role

Beta Tester
468 posts
4,875 battles

Seems a bit odd to take main battery mod 1, since the Iowa has good casemate armour it is unlikely to be penetrated and cause a detonation.

It is standard practice for all ships. Even if you don't care about your main guns it reduces the amount of detonations you get which is a big gain.

To re-iterate once more, the accuracy mod reduces your dispersion by about 7%. Enough to be unnoticeable on individual salvos, but noticeable over several.

• Cool 1

Players
104 posts
5,113 battles

It makes all the sense in the world, I've taken consistently the main batteries off of Yamatos with a Carolina.
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this