Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wavecave

New patch will sell all of your modules in depot whether you like it or not

69 comments in this topic

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles

Selling modules when selling ships; compensation

The first time the game is launched, following the release of this version, modules currently available in the depot will be sold automatically. Only one unit of each module will remain in the depot for ships that a player already has in the Port.

Attention! As part of this version’s release, the majority of players will receive a large one-time compensation in credits as a result of such sales.

http://thearmoredpatrol.com/2015/12/13/wows-supertest-patchnotes/

We're going to lose our modules in the depot and they're giving us a bunch of credits which means you're getting back 50% of the module you paid for.

edit: I guess people don't realize what a depot is (WoT and WoWp got it) but if you want all of your modules automatically sold for half of its price, be my guest.. just don't come back and whine when you want to play a certain tier due to ranked or for a specific mission and you notice you have to purchase modules again:D

Edited by Wavecave

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

It's stuff like the hull, improved guns, improved fire control, etc. People complained you couldn't sell those afaik.

So now when you buy a ship you owned at a given moment it will be 100% stock and you'll have to buy all the stuff again to make it elite.

At least that is what I understood from that part.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,482 posts
7,994 battles

why would they do something so unnecessary though

To make modules that you don't use have a use again, as credits.

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles

obviously i put modules in depot to later use it whenever i feel like it

whats the point of removing features?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,482 posts
7,994 battles

obviously i put modules in depot to later use it whenever i feel like it

whats the point of removing features?

When would you ever use modules that doesn't fit on a ship you currently own, except for when you're re-buying a ship you sold before?

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles

that is precisely the reason for buying it

i don't spend money on port slots so i'd like to have the modules ready for the ship whenever i need it (in case they change the requirements for ranked or other things)

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,482 posts
7,994 battles

i don't spend money on port slots so i'd like to have the modules ready for the ship whenever i need it (in case they change the requirements for ranked or other things)

That sounds frightfully expensive even without having to buy the modules again.

But at that point it comes down to personal preference. If you don't re-buy ships then you would rather get credits for the modules you'll never use again.

You can't make everybody happy.

• Cool 1

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

I don't mind it at all.

There's plenty of ships I won't bother using another time and it's great that their upgrades will be turned into credits.

I'm curious how many credits I will gain. I'm in dire need of some.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,482 posts
7,994 battles

I don't mind it at all.

There's plenty of ships I won't bother using another time and it's great that their upgrades will be turned into credits.

I'm curious how many credits I will gain. I'm in dire need of some.

The more ships you've sold and the more modules you've unlocked on your current ships, the more credits you'll get.

So you'll get the most if you have few port slots but have unlocked a lot of ships.

If you tend to keep most of your ships then you'll not get much credits.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,101 battles

Flawed logic. You will be recompensed for the modules taken off sold ships, you then have the cash. If indeed you want to re-purchase a particular ship, you only have to purchase those modules with the cash you received initially.

I can assure you more players will be happier with this than you (who appears to only ever see negativity in everything). It is a step forwards.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

Flawed logic. You will be recompensed for the modules taken off sold ships, you then have the cash. If indeed you want to re-purchase a particular ship, you only have to purchase those modules with the cash you received initially.

I can assure you more players will be happier with this than you (who appears to only ever see negativity in everything). It is a step forwards.

But he is right. As far as I know, you can sell a ship for 50% of its value, also, it s the same 50% for tanks and modules in WoT, so I think it will also be 50% for modules in WoWs.

This feature is of course an improvement and a step forward, but it s automatic, it was not implemented the way players asked and it is already used in WoT. It s not like they had to invent something new, just to copy it which I think it would have been easier..

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

:D

This Thread is actually funny. Spilled my coffee while shaking my head and laughing at the same time.

Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,404 battles

The one ship I can think of off the top of my head where I would want to keep a module in store is Mogami. I've switched between 155mm and 203mm more than once while skilling it, and without a proper depot it would mean to actually use money every time I would do that. 

I would definitely prefer a proper depot where I myself can choose what to sell and what to keep. This would also mean, that WG could put modules and equipment on sale here and there an we could buy them in bulk, if we properly plan ahead and keep the money here (or in case of some people buy credit/gold packages from WG for that). Sounds like a win/win for players and for WG

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

The one ship I can think of off the top of my head where I would want to keep a module in store is Mogami. I've switched between 155mm and 203mm more than once while skilling it, and without a proper depot it would mean to actually use money every time I would do that. 

I would definitely prefer a proper depot where I myself can choose what to sell and what to keep. This would also mean, that WG could put modules and equipment on sale here and there an we could buy them in bulk, if we properly plan ahead and keep the money here (or in case of some people buy credit/gold packages from WG for that). Sounds like a win/win for players and for WG

Another example may be the modules shared between different ships.

Players
516 posts
2,518 battles

same here but it seems a lot of people want to have their modules sold instead of having the option to keep or sell it.

[X-MAS]
Players
14 posts
11,509 battles

And where would the loans repaidI stand with all ships without modules and credits before. :red_button:

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,404 battles

same here but it seems a lot of people want to have their modules sold instead of having the option to keep or sell it.

Well, many want to sell their stuff, but I don't think anyone is really opposed to a proper depot, where the player can pick and choose. All the modules laying around means lots of cash wasted and inaccessible. The only ones that want just a sale is WG, read somewhere about the topic that they find a proper depot too much work for the very little time players spend on that part of the UI.

Edit: @22cm: read somewhere, that either now or after this change modules aren't shared between ships anymore, all modules are unique to their respective ship. Not sure how accurate that information is though, so don't hold me to it.

Edited by Crooq_Lionfang

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

US DD's also have parallel hulls, although i'm not playing them so i don't know if they are useful.

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

Well, in my case as well as probably a lot of people it comes as a big meh. Most of the ships I want are already in my port and I could certainly use the credits since I've grinded all ship lines in this game except american cruisers.

Beta Tester
1,989 posts
4,404 battles

US DD's also have parallel hulls, although i'm not playing them so i don't know if they are useful.

True, switching back and forth between more main guns and more AA might make sense when playing divisions for example

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,101 battles

But he is right. As far as I know, you can sell a ship for 50% of its value, also, it s the same 50% for tanks and modules in WoT, so I think it will also be 50% for modules in WoWs.

This feature is of course an improvement and a step forward, but it s automatic, it was not implemented the way players asked and it is already used in WoT. It s not like they had to invent something new, just to copy it which I think it would have been easier..

Yes but only partially.

As for your point, I agree that it should not be automatic but manually so we have our own 'depot' in port to either sell or keep modules that suit us. 

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,070 posts
17,316 battles

True, switching back and forth between more main guns and more AA might make sense when playing divisions for example

Crap, I totally forget about Sims, and his changeable torps, I use to switch between them because both some have high spped but poor range, some have long range but poor speed. This patch may have competely foched up poor Sims, you have to pay credits to use a premium ship if you switch between torps lol.
Edited by 22cm

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

The modules automatically sold will be those of ships you have grinded and then sold, not those in port.

Can't you guys read?

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this