Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TheDarkUnicorn

What will u do with [edited] mix tier division

16 comments in this topic

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,888 battles

Personally I would only permit a +1/-1 tier difference in the make up of Divisions. 

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
78 posts
4,165 battles

Depends on what the join up with certain ships can do reasonably well even outside of their own MM range.

[UBOTS]
Beta Tester
57 posts
979 battles

Depends on what the join up with certain ships can do reasonably well even outside of their own MM range.

That's pretty much only true for certain DDs (primarily IJN Tier 4-6) everything else is mostly useless when there is more than a 2 Tier difference. And having someone in a division 2 Tiers lower should mean they can meet ships 4 Tiers higher than them. Good luck with that.

I agree that 1 Tier difference might be acceptable but more than that is frankly stupid and should be forbidden.

Edited by Avallarion

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,437 posts
5,382 battles

no point in report... i am sure that thing is so players have a way to vent there anger but thats about it.... so do nothing and play on.

[TTP]
Beta Tester
117 posts
8,089 battles

Had one in a game on my team last night .... a pink Fuso with tier 3 cruiser and tier 2 destroyer................... we won, go figure.

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,307 posts
8,603 battles

It was 5 years now since release of wot and you can still make a platoon with IS-7 and 2x Loltractor. So if wg doesn't care to implement +-1 division tier you cannot totally blame casual players for doing that. 

Edited by Geralt_z_Rivii365
  • Cool 2

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

MONEY

wargaming never focused much on fixing balance. Not seriously. I mean, they try to find the balance between players beeing happy in all vehicles at all tiers, and having them desperatly trying to get better crew or vehicle (aka have premium to grind faster, prem vehicles to ease training and income, or consumables to perform better.

I think they are afraid of losing paying customers. They live on making players buy stuff, either its prem accounts or stuff. If they gain on letting new players join platoons/divisions they want to grind really fast, as community sort of discourage that (you know, other players may say: "fekkin idi0ts have a tier 2 in a tier 5 division" to sort of telling players not to do that...). So maybe they let low tiers join high tiers in divisions because it pays. Who dont want to play with friends without beeing spammed with death threats.

Rankeds are better, since its only 2 tiers playing, and teams are not ruined by divisions that are either very good or very bad. Still they are crippled when too many 45% winrate players are on one team. (same as divisions, why do wargaming let utter noobs join ranked games)

Point is, if they may earn some euros on it, they wont fix it.

Just my thought on the subject.

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
20,462 battles

MONEY

wargaming never focused much on fixing balance. Not seriously. I mean, they try to find the balance between players beeing happy in all vehicles at all tiers, and having them desperatly trying to get better crew or vehicle (aka have premium to grind faster, prem vehicles to ease training and income, or consumables to perform better.

I think they are afraid of losing paying customers. They live on making players buy stuff, either its prem accounts or stuff. If they gain on letting new players join platoons/divisions they want to grind really fast, as community sort of discourage that (you know, other players may say: "fekkin idi0ts have a tier 2 in a tier 5 division" to sort of telling players not to do that...). So maybe they let low tiers join high tiers in divisions because it pays. Who dont want to play with friends without beeing spammed with death threats.

Rankeds are better, since its only 2 tiers playing, and teams are not ruined by divisions that are either very good or very bad. Still they are crippled when too many 45% winrate players are on one team. (same as divisions, why do wargaming let utter noobs join ranked games)

Point is, if they may earn some euros on it, they wont fix it.

Just my thought on the subject.

You have a valid point, WG want friends to play together if they want, fine. But, how many are being upset with these unbalanced divisions in the game? More are being upset than those that are creating these stilted divisions, so more money is likely to be lost from players not happy with this.

Divisions should only be based on a +1/-1 rule, not unlimited as it is. 

Players
19 posts
10,630 battles

This is a matter for WG to sort out. Cannot blaim players for making stupid divisions when the game accept those divisions. Only legal with 1 carrier thought. So its not as WG is unable to restrict divisions if they want to. Thats why I dont view it as a player issue.

Beta Tester
260 posts
2,557 battles

Do nothing, just let it go. Sometimes it's a mistake, sometimes it isn't. In first case most of the times they will explain themselves and apologize, in the second case they might be trolling and giving them a voice will help them.

Players
569 posts
5,948 battles

True enough, but this is the exception rather then the rule. On the top of my head I have seen people perform decently or even well in the Umikaze and Gremy, but the majority of the "troll" divisions feature ships with no redeeming qualities. Recently I have for example seen, in a T7+ match, such luminary ships such as the Hashidate, the Albany and the St.Louis. It is cringeworthy, regardless on which side they play.

Cheers, M

• Cool 1

[SKIDZ]
Players
869 posts
[edited]
Edited by BigBadVuk
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content.