You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rafparis

supertest patchnotes and new maps

71 comments in this topic

Players
341 posts
8,322 battles

So if those Kiev changes go through, it looks like a massive overnerf. HP on par or lower than tier V, and weaker guns. Meh.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,404 posts
21,249 battles

So if those Kiev changes go through, it looks like a massive overnerf. HP on par or lower than tier V, and weaker guns. Meh.

Quick, get the grinding in now while you can! In all honesty Kiev in the right hands is a monster (as you are good it will be in yours). As it is only a HP nref, I do not think you need to worry too much, it is the weakness of the turrets (as you must know in the Ognivoi) that is its Achilles heel.

[HNS]
Players
727 posts
12,081 battles

We implemented the Karma feature for players, which will be displayed near a player’s nickname in the profile.

Karma is calculated as the difference between the number of complements and reports received, and may not be less than zero.

It is prohibited to complement and report players in your division.

If a player is complemented or reported, a system message appears after a battle. The system message for reports will be displayed only if a player has been reported by at least two players.

The system message for complements will show the specific number of people who complemented you (without specifying their nicknames, however).

The system message for reports will contain the following words: “At least two players reported you.”

Just noticed this! Great little addition to the game at last.

I always wondered what the "compliment" option did for the players.

I tend to use my daily limit on compliments quite a lot for good/supporting teammates or opponents.

[THROW]
Beta Tester
69 posts
18,896 battles

Well having just finished grinding to the Zao ,I can't say I'm overly thrilled with the idea of a 4k nerf in hitpoints to her espeically as that leaves a massive 10k gap between her rivals the Hindenburg & Des Moines. This is not  good when you consider that the changes in the repair party consumable apply to all of them.10k is a large gap in difference at tier 10 for  a cruiser.Not happy with the change to the depot either meaning if you have all the modules on a t7 ship & than sell it to purchase a t8 ship you have to buy all the modules again or demount them for doubloons.This whole patch if implemented reeks of WG forcing players to spend more on ingame silver & doubloons .Not a very happy camper here.:(

Players
341 posts
8,322 battles

Quick, get the grinding in now while you can! In all honesty Kiev in the right hands is a monster (as you are good it will be in yours). As it is only a HP nref, I do not think you need to worry too much, it is the weakness of the turrets (as you must know in the Ognivoi) that is its Achilles heel.

Well, if the link in OP is anything to go by, then the guns on tier V-IX Russian DDs also get a nerf: "Damage from the HE shells of B2LM guns was reduced from 1,900 to 1,600; the chances of causing fire were reduced from 9% to 7%. These changes were made in respect of the following ships: Gnevny, Ognevoi, Kiev, Tashkent and Udaloi." Don't care too much about fire chance, as fires are cancer anyway, but the raw HE damage together with HP reduction will make it weaker against other DDs. I know that currently it pretty much erases any non-soviet DD, but given that to launch the torps you have to be within boarding distance, it kinda needs its advantages in gunnery duels. Well, maybe the changes will be adjusted to be less extreme.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,309 posts
6,837 battles

Not happy with the change to the depot either meaning if you have all the modules on a t7 ship & than sell it to purchase a t8 ship you have to buy all the modules again or demount them for doubloons

This doesn't make any sense:

The modules being sold are things like the stock hull. You can't demount them anyway, and even if you could they're no use to you (can't use stock nagato hull on amagi etc).

The upgrades (like gun modification 2) AREN'T being changed. As it stands when you sell a ship you can either sell them or demountable them for gold. You didn't get to freely keep them before, and you won't afterwards

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,524 battles

Who's that babe anyway?

Ernesta Kuhne from Gakusen Toshi Asterisk

Anyway, regarding the changes, first I doubt that Karma system would work. Who uses the compliment system?

And I also doubt that the changes to CVs will really bring back CV players. Even with the worse rudder shift for T5+ BBs.

Edited by Kirasa

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

Anyway, regarding the changes, first I doubt that Karma system would work. Who uses the compliment system?

And I also doubt that the changes to CVs will really bring back CV players. Even with the worse rudder shift for T5+ BBs.

Why, well you will off course, if/when it's implemented as described :amazed:

No seriously, asking who would use it is not a question I expected in relation to the karma system. There are others which would make more sense to me :)

[HNS]
Players
727 posts
12,081 battles

Me... :hiding:

I guess very few players really bother about it.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,309 posts
6,837 battles

Equally wonder what value it will start at. Since it can't go below zero, then if it starts at zero then someone who simply never receives anything (good or bad) will have the same rating as someone who gets 20 reports a game.

Alpha Tester
2,303 posts
1,085 battles

When Honor/Karma was introduced in LoL couple of things happen.

Initially everyone was using it. There were boarders for honor and people loved that stuff.

After some time Riot released information that toxicity in game lowered significantly.

Right now I don't think anyone is using this system as often, but I do think it had overall positive impact on game. Personally I almost never use stuff like that, but option to do that is useful. 

As for carriers, I don't think they are in as bad spot as some make it to believe, even right now. The landing bug killed IJN, but after it was fixed I would say they still perform well. Essex and Midway are just slightly over the top, but that's other thing. There is ofc issue of perception and how satisfying gameplay is, but considering the patchnotes posted here and the NA Q&A the quality of life seems to be focus right now for carriers. So I would be optimistic.

Ernesta is the genkies and cutest, too bad she is attatched to such a bad and generic show.

Beta Tester
1,520 posts
1,524 battles

When Honor/Karma was introduced in LoL couple of things happen.

Initially everyone was using it. There were boarders for honor and people loved that stuff.

After some time Riot released information that toxicity in game lowered significantly.

Right now I don't think anyone is using this system as often, but I do think it had overall positive impact on game. Personally I almost never use stuff like that, but option to do that is useful. 

As for carriers, I don't think they are in as bad spot as some make it to believe, even right now. The landing bug killed IJN, but after it was fixed I would say they still perform well. Essex and Midway are just slightly over the top, but that's other thing. There is ofc issue of perception and how satisfying gameplay is, but considering the patchnotes posted here and the NA Q&A the quality of life seems to be focus right now for carriers. So I would be optimistic.

Ernesta is the genkies and cutest, too bad she is attatched to such a bad and generic show.

Tell that to the statistics of last week, where BB do 25% more damage than CV. They also get more xp and kill more.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20151212/eu_week/average_class.html

I'm still for undoing all CV changes since 0.3.1.1 and start the balancing again from 0, but I'm willing to at least give the inverse spread, which was promised since back then, a try. If the damage doesn't go up to an acceptable value again, then I'm still for undoing all changes.

[THROW]
Beta Tester
69 posts
18,896 battles

This doesn't make any sense:

The modules being sold are things like the stock hull. You can't demount them anyway, and even if you could they're no use to you (can't use stock nagato hull on amagi etc).

The upgrades (like gun modification 2) AREN'T being changed. As it stands when you sell a ship you can either sell them or demountable them for gold. You didn't get to freely keep them before, and you won't afterwards

Sorry my bad meant to say upgrades rather than modules but yes you are right.:P

Alpha Tester
2,303 posts
1,085 battles

Tell that to the statistics of last week, where BB do 25% more damage than CV. They also get more xp and kill more.

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20151212/eu_week/average_class.html

I'm still for undoing all CV changes since 0.3.1.1 and start the balancing again from 0, but I'm willing to at least give the inverse spread, which was promised since back then, a try. If the damage doesn't go up to an acceptable value again, then I'm still for undoing all changes.

I have played on tiers VI - VIII in recent weeks and I will tell you that in Random games I have seen one of the worst CV skippers ever. To the point that I was screaming at the screen and I had flashback from my time in LoL when as ADC I got support which was so bad he was playing against me. I am super calm and focused gamer, so getting me rilled up is quite a feat. CVs are hard to do damage right now, so I think WG will try to make class a bit easier to perform avg, while trying not to get the dmg out of hand like it was at the start of the OBT. I mean I had 130k avg in tier VI, 140k in tier VII and I have seen 150k in tier VIII. It was over the top.

As for going back, while I do agree there are issues and loooong list of direct and indirect nerfs is quite depressing and you start thinking, why would I even bother. There were some good changes.

- fighter skill and reduced scalling with tier for fighters

- new dive bomber manual drop for IJN is amazing

- turning on a dime was a big problem and it was unfair to others. It had to go

- getting rid off full strike setups was good idea

- float planes while annoying, do provide a lot of gameplay opportunities and are fun (though I would say the panic CA skill needs further adjustments considering number of threats for air)

- empty bombers have 25% speed buff (at the start of 0.3.1 we did not have it and it's great)

So you know.. there was some stuff worth keeping.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,198 posts
5,564 battles

Sounds nice:

"We draw particular attention to a significant increase in the amount of XP and credits earned on ships of Tiers IX and X."

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,480 posts
10,064 battles

Ow stuff it you, crawl under a rock or something ffs I can't even open the forums without seeing you bash on someone from ST blaming us for all which is wrong in the world :D

edit: even before I finished my coffee :aqua:

What can I say, I had a night-shift and you people (STs) are gullible as all hell. Case in point.
Edited by WhiskeyWolf

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,087 battles

What can I say, I had a night-shift and you people (STs) are gullible as all hell. Case in point.

In that thread, I would pay more attention to Hans's post which states: 'What do YOU think?'

That would be my answer as well.

As to Leluk's statement about how ST works, I would hope ST is listened to for feedback regarding current game's state overall and not just about whatever it is we're currently testing/reviewing for new additions/fixes. I know I'm not shy with my opinion at least, I'm a LOT more literate in skype then on forums ;)

Then, the question is: what should they do with that feedback. I think this is what Leluk meant to say; my feedback is still from one person, so it's not supposed to count for more than anything written on the forums by anyone else with one exception: I try to make sure I have valid reasoning attached, I try to explain why I think it would be better then current situation, and I present it is as a proposal/question not as a fact. But I don't expect my opinions to weigh heavier than any single other person just because I have some forum tag, it doesn't work that way.

Everyone's feedback and suggestions are as important, we're all players and WG needs to 'make us happy' all equally.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

another thing i noticed:

Reduced the maneuverability for ships with displacement exceeding 35,000 tons. The increase in values for a complete rudder shift time (in seconds)

with this not all BBs will be nerfed, for example it will not concern Myogi, wyoming, NY and the low tier premium ones.

It will also affect IJN CV tier 9+ and USN CV tier 8+

Modder, Supertester
1,258 posts
9,386 battles

most of changes confirmed for supertest, who will start tomorrow: http://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/cbt/dev-bulletin-052/

yay! :)

and some new things: friendly torp hits will do only 50%dmg, good for TKs :)

well there is also a confirmination that the aspreggio stuff is included in 0.5.2 (they didn't mention it in the dev bulletin)

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/39202-public-test-general-feedback/page__p__732276#entry732276

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
70 posts
7,511 battles

The Asian Bulletin does mention the Arpeggio harbor and additional missions:

http://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/announcement-public-test-052/

Of more importance is that they revealed much more info compared with the EU Bulletin,

especially this part should be very interesting for every WoWS player, considering it deals

with the credits and exp gain economy:

Economy

After adding the rewards for capturing, defending, and blocking the capture of key areas in the Domination mode, we deeply analyzed the in-game economy and made some changes. The credit award for key areas has been reduced by 20%, but, according to our plan, ship economy changes will lead to slight profitability growth. We also agree with many players’ suggestions and have increased the profitability of most Tier IX and X ships to make playing them more comfortable. We plan to share the exact numbers with you in the version release notes, but for now you can have a look at the preliminary data:

Significant increase in experience ratios:

• American battleships: Iowa, Montana
  • American cruisers: Erie, Chester, Baltimore, Des Moines
  • German cruisers: Hermelin, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, Yorck, Hindenburg
  • Japanese aircraft carriers: Hakuryu
  • Japanese cruisers: Ibuki, Zao
  • Japanese destroyers: Shimakaze
  • Soviet destroyers: Storozhevoi, Derzky, Izyaslav, Khabarovsk

Slight increase in experience ratios:

• American aircraft carriers: Langley, Bogue, Independence, Lexington, Essex, Midway
  • American battle ships: South Carolina, New York, Colorado
  • American cruisers: Omaha, Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans
  • American destroyers: Sampson, Wickes, Nicholas, Farragut, Mahan, Fletcher
  • German cruisers: Drezden, Königsberg, Nurnberg, Hipper, Roon
  • Japanese aircraft carriers: Zuiho, Ryujo, Hiryu, Zuikaku, Taiho
  • Japanese battle ships: Izumo, Yamato
  • Japanese cruisers: Hashidate, Chikuma, Tenryu, Furutaka, Aoba
  • Japanese destroyers: Umikaze, Wakatake, Minekaze, Mutsuki, Fubuki, Kagero
  • Soviet cruisers: Orlan
  • Soviet destroyers: Gnevny, Ognevoi

Slight decrease in experience ratios:

• American aircraft carriers: Ranger
  • American battle ships: Wyoming, North Carolina
  • American cruisers: St Louis, Phoenix
  • American destroyers: Benson
  • Japanese aircraft carriers: Hosho
  • Japanese battle ships: Kawachi, Myogi, Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, Amagi
  • Japanese cruisers: Kuma, Mogami
  • Japanese destroyers: Isokaze, Hatsuharu

Significant increase in credit ratio:

• American battle ships: Montana
  • American cruisers: Chester
  • American destroyers: Sampson, Wickes, Clemson, Nicholas, Farragut
  • German cruisers: Hermelin, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, Nurnberg, Yorck, Hindenburg
  • Japanese aircraft carriers: Hosho, Zuiho
  • Japanese cruisers: Ibuki
  • Japanese destroyers: Mutsuki, Fubuki, Shimakaze
  • Soviet destroyers: Storozhevoi, Derzky, Izyaslav, Gnevny

Slight increase in credit ratio:

• American aircraft carriers: Langley, Bogue, Independence, Essex
  • American battle ships: South Carolina, New York, New Mexico, Colorado, North Carolina, Iowa
  • American cruisers: Erie, St Louis, Phoenix, Omaha, Cleveland, Pensacola, New Orleans, Baltimore, Des Moines
  • American destroyers: Mahan, Fletcher, Gearing
  • German cruisers: Drezden, Königsberg, Hipper, Roon
  • Japanese aircraft carriers: Ryujo, Hiryu, Hakuryu
  • Japanese battle ships: Kawachi, Kongo, Nagato, Izumo, Yamato
  • Japanese cruisers: Hashidate, Chikuma, Tenryu, Kuma, Furutaka, Aoba, Myoko, Mogami
  • Japanese destroyers: Umikaze, Wakatake, Isokaze, Minekaze, Hatsuharu, Kagero
  • Soviet cruisers: Orlan
  • Soviet destroyers: Ognevoi

Slight decrease in credit ratio:

• American aircraft carriers: Ranger, Lexington, Midway
  • American battle ships: Wyoming
  • American destroyers: Benson
  • Japanese aircraft carriers: Zuikaku, Taiho
  • Japanese battle ships: Fuso, Amagi
  • Japanese cruisers: Zao
Edited by XueLong
  • Cool 1