You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
rafparis

supertest patchnotes and new maps

71 comments in this topic

[DPRK]
Beta Tester
290 posts

For the Pensacola cruiser, the number of guns on Hull A was increased from 8 to 10.

We implemented a battle chat channel for Divisions.

Yay love that patch.

Edited by Niaro

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,548 battles

I must say it looks good overall.

Even my pet peeve seems to be not an issue (flags increasing Detonation). Now it is debuff, and while that is still bad, it is much less concerning than if it had been a buff.

Some of the new maps also look terribly interesting. Sure, they also look risky (a map long line of islands can be awesome for tactical advances, but can possibly also lead to total passivity), but I prefer taking a risk and then finding it doesn't work, than going by same-old same-old. If they suck, then hopefully they can be fixed. But if they work, then they will be awesome.

Oh and div chat will be great, even for people not in divs.

Edited by Unintentional_submarine

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

The only thing that stood out to me as negative was even more sirens and warnings. I hope in the future we'll get an option as to what we want to hear/see. This is especially regarding the  tinnitus/shell-shock effect/heart-beat effect.

Other than that, it appears to be a very good patch.

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,435 posts
7,140 battles

CONE DROP
O
N
E

D
R
O
P

Muh dïck. A new spring for IJN CVs may has come.

All awesome stuff except for 2 things: the Zao nerf and the battle exp flag not being as farmable anymore.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

I would post something regarding "a springtime for XY and Germany", but I don't think Vuk would look to kindly on that :teethhappy:

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,045 posts
7,548 battles

the battle exp flag not being as farmable anymore.

Arguably the most important part is still farmable. 50% XP for captains will still help a lot. Ship XP is generally speaking not that big an issue since we are throttled by credits (which thankfully will be less of an issue at T9-10).

The Clear Skies signal will perhaps be a bit too good though. Combine it with the IJN 3x preperation time for lost squadrons and it might not be conducive to dynamic play.

Beta Tester
872 posts
4,368 battles

one part really interest me:

We reworked the visual display of the aiming spread for fighters and torpedo carriers. Implemented a parallel, dispersing, converging and self-crossing aiming spread for torpedo carriers. These aiming spreads will be available to players once the relevant settings are enabled for the game units (ships and aircraft).

so, different torp patterns will be avaiable to research? The parallel ones really sucks, so having the possibility to have different ones, or even adjusting the spread angle with the mouse, would be a blast.

[DSW]
Players
3,787 posts
7,737 battles

ohhh yes this patch sounds very good to me! Can't see a single thing that I'm totally opposed to, most balance changes seem either justified (Russian DD guns, Yorck&Karlsruhe) or at least somewhat justifiable (Zao did have the best stats, although I do think bringing the other two up to her level instead of nerfing her down would've been better for T10 gameplay).

[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
12,943 battles

one part really interest me:

so, different torp patterns will be avaiable to research? The parallel ones really sucks, so having the possibility to have different ones, or even adjusting the spread angle with the mouse, would be a blast.

I thing you can open a tab for you Torp launcher/planes where you can choose the pattern

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Even my pet peeve seems to be not an issue (flags increasing Detonation). Now it is debuff, and while that is still bad, it is much less concerning than if it had been a buff.

That's huge relief. And actually a quite nice idea. Want to DoT the enemy more? Load more explosives on board. Just be careful not to join Beatty's ships.

"A new achievement – “Top Gun” – is now available. Granted for destroying 5 or more enemy ships in one battle. The reward will be the “Equal Speed Charlie London” signal (+50% XP per battle) previously granted for the “Confederate” achievement)." - that's a bit of boo. I liked those flags, you know? Very useful and not that hard to obtain. Well, they are now...

"The operation period for the “India Bravo Terrathree” signal has been extended twice: it now provides a -10% discount for repair costs (rather than -5% previously)." - Wow, much change, many silver :sceptic:

Arpeggio content looks good, but there are not enough ships out there, i hope more will be added later. Where is Takao?

New maps - always glad to see new maps. Rework of the old, while not so good, at least make if feel a little fresher.

"Reduced the maneuverability for ships with displacement exceeding 35,000 tons. The increase in values for a complete rudder shift time (in seconds):" - So that's not for all battleships, that's good. I wonder at the exact numbers

"The second type of ship consumables (“Premium consumables”) will receive one additional charge." - that's most borderline P2W in WoWs, i really hope that will be removed in final version

Buffs to Karlsruhe and Yorck - Yahoo.

"Ships’ screws no longer spin in the port." - Hallelujah! Gloria in Excelsis Deo! After only a year and so that is finally fixed. <- this is only partially sarcastic, it really bugged me since alpha, even if mildly

"The clock will be displayed on all tabs of the Port." - minor, but also good

And the most important part - Economics

"The reward in credits for capturing key areas in the Domination mode has been reduced by 20%." - it was kinda unbalanced, last nerf hit way too hard.

"In light of this, and in order to bring the amount of XP and credits earned to our planned values, we changed the reward ratios for the majority of researchable ships. We draw particular attention to a significant increase in the amount of XP and credits earned on ships of Tiers IX and X." - Numbers please. For me, this is most eagerly awaited change WG could possibly do ingame, but it will be completely wasted if it will be too minor. It needs to be decisive. once, just this once WG, don't fail. Not on this (yeah i'm sucker for still having hope).

[SCRUB]
Players
581 posts
3,759 battles

Muh dïck. A new spring for IJN CVs may has come.

I believe it's the opposite. Clear sky flag and 3x launch penalty will ground IJN CV planes even further, especially mid tiers where fighter setup USN CVs already dominate the skies and shred IJN planes as they please...

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,002 battles

It looks like an awesome patch, but let's wait and see how much of these changes will make it to the game in the end.

+1 OP for the posting (and also for your avatar :great:)

[HAERT]
Beta Tester
78 posts
3,903 battles

I almost feel daft for selling my Yorck now. Didn't hate the ship aside from the turret turning rate. 

Interested to see how much that income increase is worth for T9-10 not that happy about the reduction in income for capping in domination though.

Players
881 posts
12,650 battles

I hope the Yorck gets it's turret-turntime-buff with a researchable 2nd turret-set, like Pensacola.

No matter how - a new (finally playable) Tier 7 cruiser is always welcome...

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,556 posts
1,899 battles

Seems like a good patch. Not let's see how it is when it actually gets on the live server.

Supertester
3,124 posts
1,275 battles

Can you have a bit of patience people? I don't know who released all this info but everything during is subject to change until the information is officially released. I know you would like to see everything but ST exists and keeps its activities under NDA for a reason

• Cool 2

[DSW]
Players
3,787 posts
7,737 battles

Can you have a bit of patience people? I don't know who released all this info but everything during is subject to change until the information is officially released. I know you would like to see everything but ST exists and keeps its activities under NDA for a reason

umm... I don't see much complaining in here (for once... rare enough these days! :))

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,599 battles

Ships’ screws no longer spin in the port.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I can safely say WoWS has been saved, someone has finally managed to wrestle the engine to the ground and then count it to ten. A bright future is ahead of us, let us run on the beach towards the setting sun, like in all those old sport animes.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, it comes off more like "IT WASN'T ME! I DIDN'T LEAK IT!".

Edited by WhiskeyWolf
  • Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here, it comes off more like "IT WASN'T ME! I DIDN'T LEAK IT!".

What Deamon is saying is that these patch notes are not the final version and are subject to change. That is why the ST is under NDA. The reason is obvious.

[OILUP]
Beta Tester
1,411 posts
8,599 battles

What Deamon is saying is that these patch notes are not the final version and are subject to change. That is why the ST is under NDA. The reason is obvious.

I still don't get it, it is obvious, so why you two pointing it out again?

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

umm... I don't see much complaining in here (for once... rare enough these days! :))

And that's exactly what's the danger. People get excited with the changes they go "our prayers have been answered". But after (hopefully extensive) testing the designers decide that some changes actually make something OP / UP or bad business sense and change it, contrary to what to community wants. And then the backlash from the community will be even bigger. Because now most people perceive this as "this is deff coming 100% sure", and anything that detracts from that will cause some of them to rage.

This is also the reason why the NDA is in place. And leaking information that maybe their investors might not even know about would also be very bad, hence the NDA. Especially since it could cause the investors to pull back their funding over something that might not even make it to the customers.

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles

I still don't get it, it is obvious, so why you two pointing it out again?

Not enough sarcasm, make it more obvious. This is forum remember, people ask stupid questions all the time, so you can expect that people can take you seriously.