Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Drigtol

True Story ...

12 comments in this topic

[FKD-O]
Players
245 posts
8,844 battles

The battle started, I moved to cap the East most base out of the four, but as I got near, I was spotted. So took evading action as Cruisers popped up and I was well within their range. Hit and set on fire, but my DD was lucky and no serious damage was done. After dropping out of sight, I turned my DD around and headed back to take on thoughs who would dare, scratch my paintwork. Letting my first salvo off of torps early, as I had anticipated/calculated my targets path, only for my torps to decide to hit an island? Ohhh well, I'll have to have a word with my torps virtual officer, I thought. Just as I was about to send a second wave, again I was spotted by the red teams DD and was hit by several Cruisers, as this time the damage was severe, I decided to pop smoke and send some torpedoes in their direction, but again no hits. Knowing a red must be near or right by my side, I went to go to engines full, with supercharge, when the notification that I was spotted showed. Ahhh, a red is ... HANG ON  ... How the Hell can he see me, if I can't see him? My DD is being hit, Guns Destroyed, 2 out of my 3 Tubes Destroyed (While still waiting on the cool down) Engine ripped to shreds, I'm on fire, yet ... I CAN'T SEE HIM ... My DD, in a second, will be finished. There he is ... 2 km away? I press the 3 key, green on my torps, and they are on their way. My ship sinks (but I know it will be back soon) BANG, the red Cruiser is no longer in this battle :)

I'm getting real sick of NOT being able to see thoughs who are able to see? and shoot at me ...

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

This is why you don't rush into a danger zone without a second set of eyes who can spot for you while you're in the smoke.

Players
1,438 posts

The battle started, I moved to cap the East most base out of the four, but as I got near, I was spotted. So took evading action as Cruisers popped up and I was well within their range. Hit and set on fire, but my DD was lucky and no serious damage was done. After dropping out of sight, I turned my DD around and headed back to take on thoughs who would dare, scratch my paintwork. Letting my first salvo off of torps early, as I had anticipated/calculated my targets path, only for my torps to decide to hit an island? Ohhh well, I'll have to have a word with my torps virtual officer, I thought. Just as I was about to send a second wave, again I was spotted by the red teams DD and was hit by several Cruisers, as this time the damage was severe, I decided to pop smoke and send some torpedoes in their direction, but again no hits. Knowing a red must be near or right by my side, I went to go to engines full, with supercharge, when the notification that I was spotted showed. Ahhh, a red is ... HANG ON  ... How the Hell can he see me, if I can't see him? My DD is being hit, Guns Destroyed, 2 out of my 3 Tubes Destroyed (While still waiting on the cool down) Engine ripped to shreds, I'm on fire, yet ... I CAN'T SEE HIM ... My DD, in a second, will be finished. There he is ... 2 km away? I press the 3 key, green on my torps, and they are on their way. My ship sinks (but I know it will be back soon) BANG, the red Cruiser is no longer in this battle :)

I'm getting real sick of NOT being able to see thoughs who are able to see? and shoot at me ...

He may have been able to see you as when you go full speed apparently you are easier to see(even in smoke(?)) also, and more likely, he had a shorter detect range than you meaning he could see you but not you him. If he was coming at you full blast and his salvos were quick enough you would have only seen him when he was on top of you and game was over! :honoring:

[OMNI]
Players
341 posts
7,642 battles

He probably used hydroacoustic search, which gave him extra range at which he spotted you (yes even in smoke).

Players
892 posts
12,815 battles

He probably used hydroacoustic search, which gave him extra range at which he spotted you (yes even in smoke).

This thing is so useless - but in 1 out of 10 times you manage to come close enough to use it.

The other 9 times you eat torps or get killed by other cruisers or battleships before you even can think about using it...

Edited by 3murmeln

[OMNI]
Players
341 posts
7,642 battles

This thing is so useless - but in 1 out of 10 times you manage to come close enough to use it.

The other 9 times you eat torps or get killed by other cruisers or battleships before you even can think about using it...

The point of it is kinda to not eat torps. It is very useful at the right time. Also, if you're German, you get even better detection ranges.

Players
1,542 posts
10,797 battles

today is was capping A in ranked game while the rest of my team was fighting the reds at B.

5 mins later, the reds are pushing me off A and my team are not following.

another 5 mins and i have killed one Pensacola and have 3 other ships hot on my heels as i rush towards the friendlies. Reds have capped A.

Meanwhile, My team is still sitting in the same place and not pushing B, despite my urging them to do so in chat (6 ships vs reds remaining 3)
5 mins later I'm still running, team still hasnt moved.

1 min later i get sick of it, turn, kill another DD while getting killed and ofc we lose horribly.

*sigh*

[NED]
Players
4,289 posts
11,774 battles

Hahaha! I've made this mistake once in the NC: team pushed North over East around an island. And I thought it clever to take the west route so I could pinch the reds. Only I didn't think about the DD's.... I was, deservedly, the laughing stock! And I laughed as hard about my own stupidity! I never went down so quickly! A lesson to ever be remembered!

Beta Tester
186 posts
2,087 battles

yeah WG games, but then more people can play them cause the HW can be less powerfull.. 

I would too love a game where you would actually have the distances and details just right but then everyone would have to have an hmm PS4:ddd

Sign in to follow this