Sign in to follow this  
_FTD_

Max target Acquisition range on the Iowa?

4 comments in this topic

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

So i just recently bought back my Iowa and decided to go full out on range as in going for the 27.1km max range.

I just have 1 problem and that is the 2m credit module slot... there is no way ( atleast i cant find it ) to see the max acquisition range on the Iowa so i have no clue if i need the 20% increased acquisition module or not.

Can any1 help me out with this?

Beta Tester
468 posts
4,875 battles

Right now what this module does is increase the draw distance you have. So unless you can currently fire further than enemy ships can be physically rendered at, it is useless to you.

[OMNI]
[OMNI]
Players
908 posts
10,097 battles

Right now what this module does is increase the draw distance you have. So unless you can currently fire further than enemy ships can be physically rendered at, it is useless to you.

Yeah i know thats why i consider the module but there seems to be no way to actually see what the "rendering" range on the Iowa is, so i cant say if i need it or not.

But i assume that targets that are further away than 25km wont be rendered... thats why i consider it but even then the -10% detectibility may be better :/

Its just bothering me that there're no stats shown of the max "rendering" range of a ship.

e/ thanks for your answer anyways m8 :(

Edited by _FTD_

Players
695 posts

Battleships have generally enough render range to make the upgrade rather pointless. The only ships which do benefit from it, are destroyers (particularly japanese ones) which have pitiful aquisition range. However on those generally concealment is better. All things considered id say the upgrade is just useless. 

Sign in to follow this