Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pincopallino945

How to use Commanders bonus

12 comments in this topic

Players
105 posts
15,722 battles

Hello, i own a Wyoming battleship and my commander has already reached 5 points bonus that i used to increse the first level (level 1) of performances of my ship. Now the commander has obtained further 4 points bonus but all the new performances are in gray and not in whyte colour, so i'm not able to gain better performances for the ship.

How can ì manage the problem?

Ty for your help

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,913 battles

You have to spend points on a tier 2 perk in order to advance to the next level of perks (and so on). In your case, you need to use two points (at a tier 2 perk) and grind another one to use a total of three points on a tier 3 perk. Hope this helps (unless I misunderstod the issue).

[-TXG-]
Players
2,360 posts

You have to spend points on a tier 2 perk in order to advance to the next level of perks (and so on). In your case, you need to use two points (at a tier 2 perk) and grind another one to use a total of three points on a tier 3 perk. Hope this helps (unless I misunderstod the issue).

My mistake when first starting was not realizing how the skills worked and just filled up the first rank before starting on the second. T thought you had to do that before doing second. I was eventually told by someone on TS that you need only one skill in each rank to unlock the next. :)

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,913 battles

My mistake when first starting was not realizing how the skills worked and just filled up the first rank before starting on the second. T thought you had to do that before doing second. I was eventually told by someone on TS that you need only one skill in each rank to unlock the next. :)

Good thing that we have a credit-based "release points" function then... :trollface:

Personally, I picked a wrong tier 4 perk in a moment of inattention and had to purchase doubloons to rectify my mistake.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,360 posts

Good thing that we have a credit-based "release points" function then... :trollface:

Personally, I picked a wrong tier 4 perk in a moment of inattention and had to purchase doubloons to rectify my mistake.

True, had to use it once or twice but try to plan ahead now. 

Players
105 posts
15,722 battles

I have already spent enough points at tier 1 (all perks at level 1 are set) and i have 4 points more but all the perks at level 2 are not available. Why?

Beta Tester
265 posts
17,486 battles

About captain skills... things that are usefull to know...

- captains can get a max of 19 points (so you cant unlock all skills. you need to think ahead and plan what skills you want to get, or waste gold later on to reset the skills)

- the XP needed to unlock the next point grows exponentially... (so while its easy to gain the first points it takes a hell of lot of games to get a single point later on... for example to go from 18 points to 19 points you need 10 million XP just for that 1 extra point)

- there are 5 levels of the captain skills. To unlock the abilities on level 2 you need to unlock one of the level 1 skills. for level 3 you need to unlock a level 2 and so on. (you dont need to unlock all skills of a level to unlock the next, but to unlock level 5 for example you'll need to have one skill on level 1, 2, 3 and 4.

- each level uses that same points to unlock (for example level 1 skills you only need 1 point... but a level 4 skill uses 4 points).

This means a maxed captain at 19 points could have a skill of each level (1-5) plus one extra level 4 (or a level 3 + level 1) for example.

Edited by SunSkaRe

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,913 battles

I have already spent enough points at tier 1 (all perks at level 1 are set) and i have 4 points more but all the perks at level 2 are not available. Why?

I'm a bit confused. Did you use 5 points on tier 1 perks and the game doesn't allow you to add a tier 2 perk? If so, your best bet is to contact support and see if they can help you since this sounds like a bug.

Not that it's any of my business, but you do not need every tier 1 perk, just the ones that benefit your ship. By choosing all, you will not be able to pick more important perks later since the limit is effectively 18 points.

Beta Tester
265 posts
17,486 battles

Hello, i own a Wyoming battleship and my commander has already reached 5 points bonus that i used to increse the first level (level 1) of performances of my ship. Now the commander has obtained further 4 points bonus but all the new performances are in gray and not in whyte colour, so i'm not able to gain better performances for the ship.

How can ì manage the problem?

Ty for your help

A print screen of that would help but skills only turn white when you use points to activate them... until you choose them they are all gray (doesnt mean they are blocked).

Players
105 posts
15,722 battles

I'm a bit confused. Did you use 5 points on tier 1 perks and the game doesn't allow you to add a tier 2 perk? If so, your best bet is to contact support and see if they can help you since this sounds like a bug.

Not that it's any of my business, but you do not need every tier 1 perk, just the ones that benefit your ship. By choosing all, you will not be able to pick more important perks later since the limit is effectively 18 points.

TY for your suggestion, now all is clarified, for sure i have lost some points on Wyoming battleship (and may be for a system bug) but this is not important for me because that ship should not be the last one for me in its cathegory

Sign in to follow this