You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrFingers

Poll about bundles, player spending and the reputation of Wargaming EU.

389 members have voted

1. 1. Are you currently spending any money in WoWS, with the current state of the game in mind?

• No, I only play for free, and I will never spend any money in the (near) future.
    • No, and it's unlikely I'll spend money in the (near) future.
    • No, but it's likely I'll spend money in the (near) future.
    • Yes, I currently spend money in WOWS, and for sure I am going to do that in the (near) future.
    • Yes, I currently spend money in WOWS, but it's unlikely I'll do that in the (near) future.
    • Yes, I currently spend money in WOWS, and it's likely I'll do that in the (near) future.
    • I find it too early to decide, and wish to see what the future brings to make a decision whether I'll spend or not.
    • I don't have an opinion on this.
  2. 2. If you are spending nowadays, or willing to spend in the future, what do (want) you spend your money on?

• Premium Currency.
    • Premium Time.
    • Premium Consumables (incl. camouflages).
    • Premium Ships in their respective bundles.
    • Signal Flags.
    • Special Packages who combine doubloons with credits.
    • I don't spend money in WoWS.
    • I don't have an opinion about this.
  3. 3. If you are not currently spending money in the game, what is the reason you don't?

• I just don't want to spend any money on this game, for whatever reason.
    • I can't afford the items that are offered in the premium shop.
    • While I can afford the items that are offered in the premium shop, I find them too expensive for my liking.
    • I don't find the items that are offered interesting / not suitable for my playstyle.
    • I felt cheated in the past by Wargaming, and am therefor refraining from spending any money with them.
    • The delay in total account unification, eventually combined with waiting funds in WoWP/WoT.
    • Other (please elaborate in the comments).
  4. 4. What is your stance regarding to the current policy of bundling new premium ships?

• I have nothing against the bundles in their current state.
    • I have nothing against bundles, as long as it is also possible to buy the ship+slot alone for money (premium shop).
    • I have nothing against bundles, as long as it is also possible to buy the ship+slot alone for Premium Currency (in-game techtree).
    • I have something against bundles, because they are combined with items I don't wish to purchase.
    • I have something against bundles, because it is a way to inflate the price.
    • I have something against bundles, because the value of the added goods often exceeds the value of the ship+slot.
    • I have something against bundles, because it's currently the only way to obtain a certain Premium Ship.
    • I don't have an opinion about bundles.
  5. 5. In the case the bundles are here to stay, which appeals to you the most?

• The ability to fill the bundles with extra items you want (ex: fixed price 30€: 15€ ship, 15€ stuff of your choice).
    • A wider variety of bundles, some are smaller, some are larger (WG decides what is part of the bundles).
    • I wish to build my own bundles totally from scratch, with bigger discounts the larger my bundle gets.
    • As long as the bundles are not bypassable, I refuse to spend money on them until I can purchase a ship+slot alone.
    • As long as the bundles are not bypassable, I refuse to spend money on them even if I can purchase a ship+slot alone.
    • Other (please elaborate in the comments.)
    • I don't have an opinion about the future of bundles.
  6. 6. What is your current stance to the "limited in time" availability of Premium Ships/Deals.

• I'm not opposed to it, since it limits the amount of premium ships in-game (higher tier matchmaking issues + quality of HT gameplay).
    • I'm not opposed to it, because... (please elaborate in the comments).
    • I'm opposed to it, since it forces me to spend money at a certain time which might not be favourable at that current moment.
    • I'm opposed to it, because I don't check the game that often, and it can happen that I missed a deal because of the limited time frame.
    • I'm opposed to it, because it creates an "artificial scarcity" which inflates the price.
    • I'm opposed to it, because... (please elaborate in the comments).
    • I don't have an opinion about the limited timeframe.
  7. 7. Have you ever bought ONE bundle containing a Premium Ship?

• Yes, I have bought it, because it contained all the items I needed at that time.
    • Yes, I have bought it, because it was the only way to get my hands on a certain ship, despite having additional items I didn't want.
    • Yes, I have bought it, despite it being too espensive to afford/above my moral limits.
    • No, I have never bought one, because I could not afford the bundle.
    • No, I have never bought one, because I refuse to pay for a bundle with items I don't need and want.
    • No, I have never bought one, because I refuse to pay for a bundle, purely because of the principle (boycot).
    • No, I have never bought one, because I missed the timeframe in which the bundle was available.
    • No, I have never bought one, because I didn't find the ships of any interest to me.
    • No, I have never bought one, because I don't want to spend money in the game.
    • No, I have not bought a bundle, but have bought items in the store
    • No, I have not bought a bundle, but are willing to buy non-bundled content
  8. 8. Have you ever bought MORE THAN ONE bundle containing a Premium Ship?

• Yes, I have bought multiple, because it also replenished my spent items from previous bundle.
    • Yes, I have bought multiple, because it was the only way to get my hands on certain ships, eventhough I still have the extra items from previous bundle.
    • Yes, I have bought multiple, despite it being too espensive to afford/above my moral limits.
    • No, I just bought one, because I could not afford multiple bundles.
    • No, I just bought one, because while I liked the ship, the forced extras put me off.
    • No, I just bought one, because the other ships weren't of interest to me.
    • No, I just bought one, because I am new to this, and there has only been one sale, I would however be inclined to buy a second bundle.
    • No, I just bought one, because I am new to this, and there has only been one sale, I would however be declined to buy a second bundle.
    • No, I have never bought any, because I don't want to spend money in the game.
  9. 9. Has the current policy of bundling (limited in time, forced extra's, pricing and non-availability for doubloons) shaped your thinking and general idea of Wargaming (EU)?

• No, my opinion about it was not influenced by the bundle policy.
    • Yes, my opinion was influenced by it for a rather small degree, in a negative way.
    • Yes, my opinion was influenced by it for a rather small degree, in a positive way.
    • Yes, my opinion was influenced by it for a rather large degree, in a negative way.
    • Yes, my opinion was influenced by it for a rather large degree, in a positive way.
    • Yes, my opinion was influenced by it in total, in a negative way.
    • Yes, my opinion was influenced by it in total, in a positive way.
  10. 10. Do you think that WoWS is hurting itself with the current bundle policy and their prices (reputation and number of active players)?

• No, their reputation and the current number of active players are currently fine.
    • No, their reputation and the current number of active players are not related with the bundle policy, but are hurt by other reasons (matchmaker, bugs,...).
    • Yes, their reputation and the current number of active players are being damaged by the bundle policy in a small degree, but are hurt more by other reasons (matchmaker, bugs, balance issues...).
    • Yes, their reputation and the current number of active players are being damaged by the bundle policy in a large degree, and are hurt less by other reasons (matchmaker, bugs, balance issues...).
    • Yes, their reputation and the current number of active players are being damaged mainly by the bundle policy, other reasons (matchmaker, bugs, balance issues...) are negligible compared to the policy.
    • I don't care about the reputation nor number of players, I play for my sole enjoyment.
  11. 11. Had the general reputation of Wargaming (EU) influenced you prior to your first spending on them?

• I don't spend money on WoWS, no matter the reputation.
    • No, their reputation had no influence on my willingness to spend.
    • Yes, their reputation had a small influence on my willingness to spend, in a negative way.
    • Yes, their reputation had a small influence on my willingness to spend, in a positive way.
    • Yes, their reputation had a large influence on my willingness to spend, in a negative way.
    • Yes, their reputation had a large influence on my willingness to spend, in a positive way.
    • I was unaware of their reputation, but I don't regret spending money on them
    • I was unaware of their reputation, but now I regret spending money on them
    • I am still unaware of their reputation (or I don't care about it), and therefor it did not have an influence.
    • I have no opinion on this.

139 comments in this topic

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

in the 

"Has the current policy of bundling (limited in time, forced extra's, pricing and non-availability for doubloons) shaped your thinking and general idea of Wargaming (EU)?" question you wrote

"Yes, my opinion was influenced by it in total, in a negative way." twice

but otherwice i think the poll was good and not to biased so +1 for taking the time to make it

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,995 posts

in the 

"Has the current policy of bundling (limited in time, forced extra's, pricing and non-availability for doubloons) shaped your thinking and general idea of Wargaming (EU)?" question you wrote

"Yes, my opinion was influenced by it in total, in a negative way." twice

but otherwice i think the poll was good and not to biased so +1 for taking the time to make it

I fixed it already, but thanks for noticing :). Some stuff is only visible once you've pressed the "submit-button". All flaws should be gone now.

[UTW]
Alpha Tester
1,947 posts
6,872 battles

Please take some time to respond, it's an interesting poll. 

I'm really afraid that guys might want to make their own bundles. It's like asking for the torturer's whip to whip yourself. And that won't make them put the ship alone+ port slot only in the shop. 

Edited by Okitank

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
10,005 battles

The poll mechanism forces you to answer all questions before voting, so i.e. if you answered yes in the question about buying one bundle you must also answer the next question about more bundles.
I believe you weren't aiming for this. Try adding an extra option to these elimination questions.

Edited by Sonic_157

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Did we really need another thread about bundles ? :hiding:

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,947 battles

You forgot to add "premium ships without bundled content", as that is the main thing I have spent any money on :<.

Will vote to the best of my ability.

Did we really need another thread about bundles ? :hiding:

Isn't it better to ask: why are there a lot of threads about bundles? Yes, the answer is obvious, but if one have learned anything from WoT, it's that only excessive whining leads to changes (there are no bots, arty is fine, KV-1S is balanced, etc.). Not that I'm particularly fond of the method, but sadly it seems to be the most effective.

In any case, without any numbers from WG in relation to the sale/profit of bundles, we have no idea whether or not it is supported by the masses (Tirpitz and Warspite being excluded, because those two would probably sell even with twice the bundled price due to their iconic statuses). 

Edited by Kartoffelmos
  • Cool 3

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,424 battles

So a poll of the minuscule % of players who actually attend the forums, a large proportion of whom, are negative in general about WG products will surely be an accurate description of the overall attitudes of all players of the game.... Bit like going into the Kremlin in the 1930's and asking if maybe it would be time to embrace a corporate outlook on society...

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
1,995 posts

If you answered yes in the question about buying one bundle you must also answer the next question about more bundles.

I believe you weren't aiming for this. Try adding an extra option to these elimination questions.

"The forcing" was somewhat unintentional, however, I wanted to know why you just bought a single bundle, and not a second (or third, or...) one.

@Kartoffelmos: there is this option: "I have nothing against bundles, as long as it is also possible to buy the ship+slot alone" (whether for money or doubloons),so in my understanding your vote goes there.

Players
1,497 posts
2,586 battles

So a poll of the minuscule % of players who actually attend the forums, a large proportion of whom, are negative in general about WG products will surely be an accurate description of the overall attitudes of all players of the game.... Bit like going into the Kremlin in the 1930's and asking if maybe it would be time to embrace a corporate outlook on society...

he did say how and average WOWS forum user think, not and average WOWS user. So i dont think that was the intention of this poll

Players
812 posts
3,454 battles

To be honest, I would buy bundles, if I see effort, dedication and communication by the developers.

Here's an example:

I buyed the 40€ package for Star Citizen and a lot of people put much more money in that (barely finished) game.

Why? Because they have the feeling to be part of something. There is non-stop communication between devs and playerbase and they listen and answer to them.

In most of the WG-forums (maybe Ru is more lucky) the devs and staff are shielded by the community-managers, so they don't have to put up with us.

Sure, there are a lot of trolls and raged kids, but also people with honest criticism and really good suggestions to make this game great.

If I can see Wargaming (and the companies working for them) loving this game as much as we do (and it has soo much potential), I would be happy to support them.

But if i buy a bundle now, I support bad communication, halfhearted events and fixes/improvements that seem more like a shot in the dark than listening to the community.

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

One suggestion: Add two/one options under "Have you ever bought MORE THAN ONE bundle containing a Premium Ship?":

​1.  "No, I have not bought a bundle, but have bought items in the store"

2.  "No, I have not bought a bundle, but are willing to buy non-bundled content".

I had to pick "I don't have an opinion under this question, since not a single alternative was applicable.

Otherwise an good poll, but with some bias regarding some questions.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

Isn't it better to ask: why are there a lot of threads about bundles? 

Because it's the same people making those threads ?

• Cool 2

[HAERT]
1,995 posts

One suggestion: Add two/one options under "Have you ever bought MORE THAN ONE bundle containing a Premium Ship?":

​1.  "No, I have not bought a bundle, but have bought items in the store"

2.  "No, I have not bought a bundle, but are willing to buy non-bundled content".

Indeed a good addition, I added it. Thank you for that!

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

To be honest, I would buy bundles, if I see effort, dedication and communication by the developers.

Here's an example:

I buyed the 40€ package for Star Citizen and a lot of people put much more money in that (barely finished) game.

Why? Because they have the feeling to be part of something. There is non-stop communication between devs and playerbase and they listen and answer to them.

Not a fair comparison. Star Citizen was crowd funded, this game is not. 

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

Yup,  Ducat1st0 is known for going around and making bundle-topics....

It doesn't matter if it is the same people opening the topics, as long as there are different users that post in that topic. 

[ST-EU]
Supertester
331 posts

Missing the option for spending on buy the premium ship+slot alone.

Lets see if those 22k+ Tirpitz owners care.:popcorn:

Players
812 posts
3,454 battles

Not a fair comparison. Star Citizen was crowd funded, this game is not. 

Yes, that's true, but it's a good example how to get people to spend money by taking them seriously.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,673 posts
15,424 battles

Yup,  Ducat1st0 is known for going around and making bundle-topics....

It doesn't matter if it is the same people opening the topics, as long as there are different users that post in that topic. 

I problem is though, that it is the same small core of players posting in every thread... If 25 people come on here screaming about bundles being unfair, but WG sell 20.000 bundles, who exactly are WG going to listen to... And is there any surprise that the devs ignore these forums, they are populated, in the main, by the major league whiners and criers creating threads about the same stuff over and over... If you don't want to play anymore, don't come into forum saying bye, no one cares.... Don't want to buy bundles, then don't buy, its your choice.... But why come on forum and shout about not buying... No one cares.... 

• Cool 7

Alpha Tester
1,818 posts
4,947 battles

@Kartoffelmos: there is this option: "I have nothing against bundles, as long as it is also possible to buy the ship+slot alone" (whether for money or doubloons),so in my understanding your vote goes there.

Oh, sorry, I was a bit unclear. I meant under the category "If you are spending nowadays, or willing to spend in the future, what do (want) you spend your money on?". I answered premium currency as I have bought a small portion and, while not exactly premium ships (have bought Murmansk and Atago, unbundled), doubloons can be comparable in value.

Also, I feel that there is missing (at least) one option under the second/multiple bundle purchase question if my answer is that I have not bought a single bundle (and do not want to due to no need for the bundled content/ship not to my liking, etc.). I answered "no opinion" because of this.

Edited by Kartoffelmos

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,910 posts
3,824 battles

Because WG are going to ask all players their opinion on their business model? Where else are people going to discuss or poll this?

If 25 people come on here screaming about bundles being unfair, but WG sell 20.000 bundles, who exactly are WG going to listen to... And is there any surprise that the devs ignore these forums

The same could be said for EA, Konami, Sega etc, I would love to hear you defend stuff like day 1 pre-order DLC yet people buy it anyway.

Or GamesWorkshop.

Dismissing all negative forum posts as whiners is not furthering anything. People don't come here because they want to destroy WoWs or give up on the game but because they want WG to actually adress issues that they find important, like breaking promises or an businessmodel that relies on inflated pricing by putting stuff only on the premium store etc. These are still valid concerns, regardless of whether other people buy into it or not.
  • Cool 3

Beta Tester
1,266 posts
2,557 battles

I tried my best to make it as neutral and unbiased as possible. While I can't force anyone to partake in it, I gladly invite everyone to participate, so we can have an idea about how the average WOWS-forum user thinks about these topics. If there are any comments or things that could be done better, please let me know.

Votes are anonymous, not even I can see who voted what, so you can be fully honest.

Though your poll already has tons of options - i wish there was a distinction between "i currently spend money" and "i have spend money in the past".

I guess its not that important though...

Edited by praetor_jax

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,062 posts
3,667 battles

.. If you don't want to play anymore, don't come into forum saying bye, no one cares.... Don't want to buy bundles, then don't buy, its your choice.... But why come on forum and shout about not buying... 

Well, I do play and I do want to give them money. But I don't want to feel exploited by doing so. That's at least why I voice my opinion, so that WG can see that it exist a second market segment that are interested in buying in-game ships for doubloons. Because at the moment, there isn't really anything to use it on.