Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sonic_157

Camouflage - Question & Options

4 comments in this topic

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
9,984 battles

Hello all.

I have a question regarding what camouflage to use for each class. Personally i use camo on every game.
To me, Destroyers and Carriers should always use the Type 1 camo (reduction of detectability) and Cruisers and Battleships should use Type 2 (reduction to enemy firing accuracy).

This were my initial thoughts, however the last few days i have come to the conclusion that Type 1 is probably the most useful for all classes, even Battleships.
Type 2 seems to be very RNG-dependant and it might help you out occasionally but, Type 1 always gives you a clear advantage over the enemy.

I am a bit baffled about this and i would very much appreciate to hear your thoughts on camo usage.
Thanks in advance for any answers!

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,781 battles

I only use type 1 on DDs and type 2 on everything else. BBs and CAs have such high detectability that reducing it by 3% is pointless. Clearly, reducing your chance of being hit by more shells is more useful for a larger target.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
331 posts

Using Type 1 camo on my Atago and some other IJN CA's. Not being spotted thus not able to be hit is much better as reducing your chance of being hit.

[HNS]
Players
726 posts
9,984 battles

I only use type 1 on DDs and type 2 on everything else. BBs and CAs have such high detectability that reducing it by 3% is pointless. Clearly, reducing your chance of being hit by more shells is more useful for a larger target.

You don't see any advantage in Cruisers for type 1? Especially for IJN that have relatively low detection range?

I think it is a significant buff.

Sign in to follow this