Sign in to follow this  
Eternus_Damnatio

Buff Russian DD turrets

27 comments in this topic

Players
613 posts
6,393 battles

Getting sick and tired of turrets being knocked out has been bad throughout the line so far. The Udaloi is taking the piss though it is such a rare occurrence to fin a game with all your turrets it's a joke.

For a ship that relies so much on its guns they are just way too weak just had yet another game where in the first engagement of the battle I lost two turrets in two salvos.

Please give these turrets a much needed buff as it is just too easy for your game to be ruined so quickly.

• Cool 2

Players
2,205 posts
13,429 battles

Agree with you maybe for the Ognevoi that only has 2 turrets. It is really easy to lose one and really annoying too.

However, I dont feel like they get knockout out any more often than the US DDs turrets do. Its just more painful, since RU DDs have double turrets, so they lose relatively more firepower.

• Cool 2

Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I haven't noticed any significant difference between the DD lines as to turret loss... but yeah it's especially annoying on the Og :)

Players
2,831 posts
17,682 battles

Ognevoi  that ship can be nice but i had several games  where both turrets were gone ..... so annoying

the should buff the survival rate of turrets 

(not only on  rus dd i in general dislike the mechanic of loosing turrets permanently)

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,345 battles

Better yet, remove the ability of completely destroying turrets. They are the only modules that permanently lost in both WoWS and WoT!

Players
7,893 posts
9,572 battles

Better yet, remove the ability of completely destroying turrets. They are the only modules that permanently lost in both WoWS and WoT!

You can't destroy gun permanently, other than damaging the gun + killing the gunner, so accuracy is off the charts. But if you were to stick it to the enemy, it still would fire and do damage.

[PRAVD]
Weekend Tester
3,802 posts
6,345 battles

You can't destroy gun permanently, other than damaging the gun + killing the gunner, so accuracy is off the charts. But if you were to stick it to the enemy, it still would fire and do damage.

That's my point. You can still fire and do something. It just becomes more RNG. 

Players
2,205 posts
13,429 battles

HUSH, young padawan. 

WG might realize engines and rudders are the only modules that cant be permanently destroyed and fix this unitended behaviour of modules!:trollface:

Edited by GulvkluderGuld

Players
2,569 posts
15,503 battles

For me the Kiev and Tashkent turrets never break. Ognavoi and Udaloi turrets however are made from cheese.

A Kagero farts on a different map and you loose a turret on the Udaloi (both turret types) :D

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

However, I dont feel like they get knockout out any more often than the US DDs turrets do.

It's almost as if some server settings are fiddled occasionally.

Sometimes it's almost as if guns/turrets get destriyed when somenoe justs shoots to same area of map.

Recently had one Gremy match with basically first hit destroying one gun.

And few minutes later further two guns then got stuck when gotten hit.

Players
2,831 posts
17,682 battles

For me the Kiev and Tashkent turrets never break. Ognavoi and Udaloi turrets however are made from cheese.

A Kagero farts on a different map and you loose a turret on the Udaloi (both turret types) :D

i just had a game in the kiev where i had no turret left but still floating....

[UK-SF]
Players
74 posts

i just had a game in the kiev where i had no turret left but still floating....

Ive had the same in my Kiev with over half hp left. Managed to retreat and torp 2 stupid battleships that thought me beat (using islands obviously to ambush them)  they knew my turrets were gone as I'd mentioned it in chat. :-D 

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

Don't cry to buff kiev or we will get it nerfed s much it will be bad in t1 matches :p , at least we can have one thing that is not made out of Stalinium :D

[BOBS2]
Players
27 posts
18,825 battles

Bought Ognevoi, played 3 battles, lost both turrets in the first volley in one battle, both turrets after 5 mins the second and finished the last battle with 1 turret.

Came to forum to find out what I was doing wrong, found this thread.

Don't think I will be bothering with the RU line if the others are as bad.

Edited by RagePhage

Players
613 posts
6,393 battles

Yet another game in Udaloi where I am forced to play 75% of the battle with one sodding turret.

It is beyond funny how easy you lose turrets in the Udaloi at least in my Fletcher I have good torps to use and same goes for the Kagero.

Weekend Tester
25 posts

Agreed, the paper turrets can take you out of the fight in 2 salvo's. Fight I just had, first salvo that hit me took 2 turrets off my Udaloi, makes me practically useless for the rest of the round. Thanks WG

Beta Tester, Players
47 posts
3,624 battles

I have the feeling that when an enemy so much as looks in your general direction you lose a turret on the Udaloi. I really like the Udaloi, (when it has turrets left that actualy work) but the frequenty in which they get knocked out is too damn high! :izmena:

Players
4,154 posts
9,221 battles

Main tactic of several Gearing captains against Khabarovsk is based on shooting down turrets :D

Damn they are wooden huts straight from sybir with a gun in the window , stronger wind and they are gone

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,440 posts
5,439 battles

Soon as spotted and any shots come even close to me i lose the turrets... turning in to a pile of doo doo class

Players
926 posts
8,524 battles

Couldn't agree more. I don't mind them being temporarily disabled, that is the penalty for getting hit, but they shouldn't be permanently disabled.

Players
24 posts
4,418 battles

Just lost all turrets (destroyed) in in two incoming salvos from a cleveland in my Tashkent... 4 minutes into the game. With still 12k health. This is just absurd. A gunboat with a detection range of almost a cruiser and so easily loose its guns.... Combine it with the latest patch and nothing else can be concluded that the Russian dd concept is totally broken.

Players
7,893 posts
9,572 battles

Just lost all turrets (destroyed) in in two incoming salvos from a cleveland in my Tashkent... 4 minutes into the game. With still 12k health. This is just absurd. A gunboat with a detection range of almost a cruiser and so easily loose its guns.... Combine it with the latest patch and nothing else can be concluded that the Russian dd concept is totally broken working as intended.

Fixed.

Players
2,569 posts
15,503 battles

After playing quite a few games since 5.2 with the Kiev and Tashkent something has defiantly increased turret fragility. IJN DD guns have always knocked out components with ease (that's another matter entirely) but this is something else. I've had all 3 turrets down with no HP loss. Maybe they mess around with the the underlying HE splash damage model?

I don't want these ships to inherit the terrible reliability from the Ognevoi! It used second hand turrets from the Tashkent, so you expect them to break. :teethhappy: 

Beta Tester
3,552 posts
8,863 battles

Maybe they mess around with the the underlying HE splash damage model?

Also got similar feeling they keep messing things under the hood.

In first day after 5.2 I lost more guns/turrets in Gremyashchy in ten matches than in easily hundred+ matches in previous two weeks.

When USN DD opened fire with its spray and pray mortars (or really anything) it felt like turrets were made of toilet paper breaking from getting water splashed on them or some card houses.

In next day their durability again felt like before.

Sign in to follow this