Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

Here are the 2 deals available:

Vai5BB1.png

3CSCkt2.png

Here are the in-game statistics:

5CEuJ33.jpg

It is a very durable ship well known for its ability to bounce shots due to its 200mm armor at the front and after ends. That level of armor at those points is normally not seen until T8 (Amagi).
It got 4 turrets with 3 barrels each in a very nice configuration that is especially well-suited for aggressive play. Reload time is 36 seconds unfortunately.
AA is practically non-existent and it is pretty slow. HP is average.
Firing range in combination with the detectability is very good.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,538 posts
8,138 battles

As the owner of one I can recommend it if you like your lower tiers.

The quite unique gun placement giving you 9 forward facing guns is really nice and further enhances the other aggressive aspects of it, like a nice complement of forward facing secondaries.

The question I guess is if you think it's worth 30€.

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

The Imp. Nikolai is a great ship, if you like to play BB's, but....... the Murmansk is a much cheaper, and versatile ship, which costs about half of what the "bundled" Imp. Nikolai costs.

Imp. Nikolai pro:

- 1 shot kills most Cruisers it meets in battles

- Can generated good credits if played correctly

- Real brawler

Imp. Nikolai con:

- Not a fast ship

- It has some AA, but don't rely on it to be very effective

- You are going to be focused by Carriers because of the useless AA and the slow movement/turning of the ship

- If the MM places you as top tier, it can happen that you won't have much to shoot in a battle, because all other ships (faster then you) are already shooting at/killing the targets before you can.

I personally do like the Imp. Nikolai, and i have had some really great battles with this ship, but in certain battles/maps the ship is just to slow, and with Carriers on the enemy team you are to busy trying to dodge torpedos.

:honoring:

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles

How about don t buy it becausen it s bundled? At the rate this game is loosing players, next year it will be sold at half-price discount.

• Cool 11

Beta Tester
1,716 posts

Well at least there is a semblance of choice, which I suppose is a step in the right direction. Not much of a choice though, still too expensive for a T4.

Players
1,976 posts
2,773 battles

- You are going to be focused by Carriers because of the useless AA and the slow movement/turning of the ship

In the 5 matches played with the Imperator I wasn't focused by carriers at all. Few players probably know about the non-existent AA on the Imperator since it is not very common.

Maneuverability of the Imperator is on par with the upgraded versions of the Wyoming and Myogi.

Players
2 posts
185 battles

Can someone tell me why the na server gets the Tirpitz on sale? and if I bought it would I have it on the eu server?

I didn't have chance to get it last time it was on sale and now it being on sale on the na server is really ******* me off

Edited by herpaderp64
  • Cool 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,618 battles

Remove the 30 Days of premium time, lower the price to 20€ and I MIGHT think about it.

Players
2 posts
185 battles

Remove this altogether and make it the Tirpitz and I will buy it

otherwise *** off and leave me to my mourning of not having the chance to get the tirpitz

and does anyone have an idea of when the Tirpitz will be on sale on the eu server again?

Edited by herpaderp64

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,023 posts
3,675 battles

From reddit:

I had to look up who is in charge of wargaming EU's marketing department. His name is Keith Anderson and guess which company he previously worked for? EA. Explains a whole lot.

Maybe at the next Community Event, Wargaming EU can bring some new t-shirts to give away to their valued players.

• Cool 6

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,796 battles

From reddit:

Maybe at the next Community Event, Wargaming EU can bring some new t-shirts to give away to their valued players.

I looked him up. He joined WG 18 August 2015. In his 22 year career in Gaming he only spent 4 years at EA. Hopefully once he gets his feet under the desk we will see a change of approach. 

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

1. Make the "feedback friday", because someone there need feedback (stellar mechanics for WG, base for every other developer).

2. Unsurprisingly, majority of the feedback is "stop the bundles".

3. Just after NA gets Tirp for 70 bucks and we got this.

4. Pity that pics of big middle finger are being moderated, because i would need a lot of them to properly express the message.

• Cool 5

[HAERT]
2,023 posts
3,675 battles

I looked him up. He joined WG 18 August 2015. In his 22 year career in Gaming he only spent 4 years at EA. Hopefully once he gets his feet under the desk we will see a change of approach. 

Isn't that the period the bundles started to appear in full-force? We're 4 months further now, no-one takes 4 months of "working in", especially not with that resumé and that experience, my bet is that Keith has something to do with the pricing of the bundles (the bundle policy might not be of his hand, but the pricing and "exclusivity" probably is, as is the sub-standard quality of contest prizes compared to the other servers).
  • Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,796 battles

Isn't that the period the bundles started to appear in full-force? We're 4 months further now, no-one takes 4 months of "working in", especially not with that resumé and that experience, my bet is that Keith has something to do with the pricing of the bundles (the bundle policy might not be of his hand, but the pricing and "exclusivity" probably is, as is the sub-standard quality of contest prizes compared to the other servers).

Obviously you don't have much workplace experience. There is no way you would come straight in at that level and say 'bundles' and then they happen immediately. At higher levels in large companies, guys with his experience get to know the business first before making changes. Despite what you may think, WG is actually a successful company.
  • Cool 2

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,344 posts
4,096 battles

Want the ship...... but dont need the prem time nore the DB :(  so will have to keep my money..... its a shame as a few bundles back we saw a move in the right direction of 2 bundles one with less on it.... so players that are just after the ship would be more tempted.  BUT now some genius in marketing has thought a great idea to con players out of money by keeping the price stupid high by adding prem or DB..... and i dont need them got plenty of both :(

Had such fun yesterday playing was looking forward to see what was on offer but this has poo poo it :(

• Cool 3

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,344 posts
4,096 battles

Obviously you don't have much workplace experience. There is no way you would come straight in at that level and say 'bundles' and then they happen immediately. At higher levels in large companies, guys with his experience get to know the business first before making changes. Despite what you may think, WG is actually a successful company.

I find when some new manager or head of a department comes in they tend to try stamp there way of doing things asap. No credit for following the old prosses of the guy before!

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
2,023 posts
3,675 battles

My direct (new) boss at a plant in the 2nd largest chemical plant of one of the largest chemical companies in the world had a whopping 2 weeks of "running in" (let loose, but still had to report (major) reroutings to upper management and process experts), before he was fully in charge. And maybe Keith had his "apprenticeship" before the 18th of August, and was formally installed as Head of Marketing at the 18th. Not disagreeing with you, but we have to keep all options open.

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,796 battles

I find when some new manager or head of a department comes in they tend to try stamp there way of doing things asap. No credit for following the old prosses of the guy before!

Well we are not discussing a manager or head of Department. If you join a successful company, change things straight away and if it doesn't work you will be rapidly heading for the exit door. I'm sure MrFingers with his vast experience in commercial matters could send an email to Mr Anderson giving him, his advice. He can then balance that against facts like selling 22,000 Tirpitz bundles at 60 euros each. Probably with a 95% gross profit margin. That's 1,254,000 euros from one premium ship. From that perspective why change the policy because a few people are moaning on a forum ?
  • Cool 1

[FAM]
Alpha Tester
2,453 posts
7,292 battles

Honestly, a company that releases a TV ad like that one with the kid in the closet... well.. I would expect anything from its management.

Truth is that Fingers presents a clear causality link while you just present some presumed management practices based on your so called experience in a company completely unrelated to WG or even russian environment.

• Cool 5

[IDEAL]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
669 posts
2,513 battles

The ship is tempting, the prices as usual are not.

Talking about the lower price bundle, you got:

-Imperator:

- port slot

- 2650 doubloons = a little more than 10 euros

- 30 days of premium = 10 euros

So, again, out of 30 euros, 20 of it are on things we didn't ask for.

• Cool 6

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,344 posts
4,096 battles

Well we are not discussing a manager or head of Department. If you join a successful company, change things straight away and if it doesn't work you will be rapidly heading for the exit door. I'm sure MrFingers with his vast experience in commercial matters could send an email to Mr Anderson giving him, his advice. He can then balance that against facts like selling 22,000 Tirpitz bundles at 60 euros each. Probably with a 95% gross profit margin. That's 1,254,000 euros from one premium ship. From that perspective why change the policy because a few people are moaning on a forum ?

Well thats the thing.. is it not working! for all we know lots of players are buying bundles and at that price they may feel that us lot complaining about bundles does not matter?

• Cool 2

[IDEAL]
669 posts
2,513 battles

Well thats the thing.. is it not working! for all we know lots of players are buying bundles and at that price they may feel that us lot complaining about bundles does not matter?

Sadly the vast majority of players don't even visit the forum. It's likely most of those not visiting the forum are also the one being more willing to spend money on bundles.

From a certain point of view it makes sense for them to continue like this. But i hope they'll find a balance that can make both us and them happy. Otherwise i'll just keep spending my money on premium as usual and that's it.

[TAITO]
Players
325 posts
4,917 battles

:red_button:     https://ru.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/1147/

Edited by Tuuletar
  • Cool 3

[IDEAL]
669 posts
2,513 battles

Yep, russians selling it without a bundle at its proper price, around 11 euros.

• Cool 4

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator
3,691 posts
5,796 battles

Truth is that Fingers presents a clear causality link while you just present some presumed management practices based on your so called experience in a company completely unrelated to WG or even russian environment.

Let's leave aside the fact that this new guy isn't Russian. My arguments are not pro or anti bundle from a players perspective. They are based on my experience of running my own business and why WG would go for the bundle approach. Of course, it's easy on this forum to garner positive rep by stating what you think people want to hear. I would like all players to be happy and for WG to offer a wide range of both bundled and non bundled premium ships. However, WG has to make money to pay its large number of employees and other fixed costs. 

If you have a product people really want, like the Tirpitz, then you want to maximise your revenue by upselling it. Let's say they had sold Tirpitz unbundled with a port slot for 30 Euros. To gain the same revenue as the bundled offer they would need to sell 44k ships. That is clearly a revenue risk compared to selling just 22k for the same profit. It's the same as selling anything, you the seller want to maximise your income, so you set your price at the highest point you think people will pay. In this case they throw in some extras to give an appearance of value. Of course I realise there are other strategies, like pile it high and sell it cheap, but to make that work you have to be certain of massive sales figures.

Just one other small point. If WG are such a nasty greedy company, why have I got three ships in my Port that I was given free ? 

• Cool 3