You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABED1984

Two things needs to be removed from the game

16 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,051 posts
29,747 battles

Two things needs to be removed from the game, Detonation and Torps from Cruisers and Battleships. The only ships has the right to possess torpedoes because of their name are the destroyers. Get those two things out of the game please. Thank you.

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles

Two things needs to be removed from the game, Detonation and Torps from Cruisers and Battleships. The only ships has the right to possess torpedoes because of their name are the destroyers. Get those two things out of the game please. Thank you.

Yeah no.

Those two features are fine as is.

When a shell comes into contact with other shells and charge and propellant in ships magazine, what do you think would happen?

Most ships had torpedoes, although most on battleships were below the water line, and therefore are not modeled in game. Tirpitz is an exception to this. And Practically all Cruisers had torpedoes. 

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

Why should torpedoes from, for example, Cruisers be removed?

If you take a look at the available info about certain Cruisers, for example the IJN Atago, she had torpedos IRL, so why shouldn't she have them in World of Warships?

You say that only DD's have the right to have torpedos, why?

That some Cruisers have torpedos, isn't something fictional that Wargaming has made up.

Torpedos on certain Cruisers is a fact, nothing more, nothing less.

:honoring:

• Cool 2

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,051 posts
29,747 battles

Yeah no.

Those two features are fine as is.

When a shell comes into contact with other shells and charge and propellant in ships magazine, what do you think would happen?

Most ships had torpedoes, although most on battleships were below the water line, and therefore are not modeled in game. Tirpitz is an exception to this. And Practically all Cruisers had torpedoes. 

It's an unfair game feature and after all it's a game you want to enjoy.

For example USS Colorado had 2x533mm torpedotubes in real life... :)

But this is a game.

Why should torpedoes from, for example, Cruisers be removed?

If you take a look at the available info about certain Cruisers, for example the IJN Atago, she had torpedos IRL, so why shouldn't she have them in World of Warships?

You say that only DD's have the right to have torpedos, why?

That some Cruisers have torpedos, isn't something fictional that Wargaming has made up.

Torpedos on certain Cruisers is a fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Making torpedoes available to BBs and CAs doesn't make the destroyers so special and removes the purpose of playing DDs except in passive and spotting gameplay if you are playing against a good team.

I don't care if real life ships having torps too but you can't implement every single real life detail in a game unless this game is a simulator and WOWs isn't.

Edited by ABED1984

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,371 posts
8,811 battles

I don't care if real life ships having torps too but you can't implement every single real life detail in a game unless this game is a simulator and WOWs isn't.

World of Warships is far from beeing anywhere near to a simulator, with or without torpedos on Cruisers.

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,239 battles

Why is it unfair?

let me guess... you're another BB nut who wants BBs to dominate?

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,402 posts
18,082 battles

I would say having unlimited torpedoes is more unfair than certain CA's and BB's having torpedoes. You are primarily a DD captain so why are you getting that close to CA's? That is asking for troble, not from their torpedoes but their guns.

But this is a game.

So why are you complaining now? Ships other than DD's have been in the game supplied with torpedoes since the beginning. Only the 'Torpitz' has broken that difference.

Making torpedoes available to BBs and CAs doesn't make the destroyers so special and removes the purpose of playing DDs except in passive and spotting gameplay if you are playing against a good team.

It appears you want everything and denying other ships to have what they were designed to and do have.  I am an amateur DD player compared to you, and my only gripe is being spotted by planes (but I accept it), not other ship launched torpedoes. I still cannot understand why you bought this argument to the table, did you post immediately after being sunk by a cruiser by chance? :sceptic:

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles

Why is it unfair?

let me guess... you're another BB nut who wants BBs to dominate?

Read the OP again - remove the detonation and torps only for destroyers. Which class is being detonated most often? He is clearly DD captain who was detonated a lot and probably got some nasty torpedo surprise when attacking the cruisers.

Looking at his stats... Yup, that's right 1 216  (67,74%) battles on destroyers. 913 of them on soviet ones.

Players
1,438 posts

Read the OP again - remove the detonation and torps only for destroyers. Which class is being detonated most often? He is clearly DD captain who was detonated a lot and probably got some nasty torpedo surprise when attacking the cruisers.

Looking at his stats... Yup, that's right 1 216 (67,74%) battles on destroyers. 913 of them on soviet ones.

Although an assumption at the OPs motives have to agree with Vanhal; this is a DD player who got caught and detonated or has not been careful enough when doing a torpedo run and got hit by one himself.

I have not seen a request as drastic as this before;  troll?

[LO1]
Alpha Tester
1,322 posts
3,908 battles

Looking at his stats... Yup, that's right 1 216  (67,74%) battles on destroyers. 913 of them on soviet ones.

With the rusky dd's he should not be that close to worry about both... 1 can be countered by flags the other with a little skill.

Beta Tester
4,099 posts
732 battles

I substantially agree with the objections.

Both the detonation of the magazine and the fact that some cruisers and a few battleships have torpedoes are fine and should not be removed.

Edited by Historynerd
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
170 posts
3,612 battles

I dont get it, how are torps unfair? Change your speed, turn a little bit and you will not get hit 90% of the time. Granted if you are one of the people that sail around zoomed in or one of the people that need to stop to shoot, then yes you will be punished, as you  should.

Beta Tester
205 posts
4,051 battles

1 thing thy need to remove is players like you that complaine abouth anything and destroy the fun for the rest of the players so try to play better or stop playing this game.

Alpha Tester
2,070 posts
1,108 battles

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules:

2.5 Off Topic, spamming and trolling

This category includes:

• Creation of topics that already exist on the forum (Please use search and add to existing topics were possible) - You have an existing threads that discusses the same things